Jump to content
Dutch1969

What would be the best path to follow?

17 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Greetings,

 

 

Please allow me to explain my situation to you:

In 1999, I met in Mexico a female from the USA, even after returning from vacation, we continued dating, resulting us getting married in The Netherlands in 2001, after which she applied for my K3 visa. In May 2002, the USCIS granted me a K3 visa and I entered the USA via the Port oif San Fransisco (Airport). Unfortunately I found my (then) wife cheating on me with her hairdresser. We seperated and I fsent her the documents for divorce.

In March 2009, I met a gorgeous female in WA, we dated and in May 2010 she and her son (3yrs at that time) moved in together. After visiting the Netherlands in 2014 for the wedding of my sister (I gave her away), my son (stepson) didnt want to return back to the USA. After long talking, we decided that we would move to the Netherlands to try life out there.

 
We live now in the Netherlands. My wife (sinds May 2018, as we got married in Guam) and son (14yrs) are US citizens and both are status holders in the Netherlands. I can be honest and say that we are home sick. Our son has difficulties at school and my wife cannot get usesd to the weather. 

Currently I am the only one that is working. My wife has no income in the USA, so she can therefore not apply for my visa. She does have a daughter who stated that her husband and her are willing to sponsor. But I would like to ask you what Visa would be the best and fastest way for us to go?


 
Thank you so much for your time,
 
God Bless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dutch1969 said:
Greetings,

 

 

Please allow me to explain my situation to you:

In 1999, I met in Mexico a female from the USA, even after returning from vacation, we continued dating, resulting us getting married in The Netherlands in 2001, after which she applied for my K3 visa. In May 2002, the USCIS granted me a K3 visa and I entered the USA via the Port oif San Fransisco (Airport). Unfortunately I found my (then) wife cheating on me with her hairdresser. We seperated and I fsent her the documents for divorce.

In March 2009, I met a gorgeous female in WA, we dated and in May 2010 she and her son (3yrs at that time) moved in together. After visiting the Netherlands in 2014 for the wedding of my sister (I gave her away), my son (stepson) didnt want to return back to the USA. After long talking, we decided that we would move to the Netherlands to try life out there.

 
We live now in the Netherlands. My wife (sinds May 2018, as we got married in Guam) and son (14yrs) are US citizens and both are status holders in the Netherlands. I can be honest and say that we are home sick. Our son has difficulties at school and my wife cannot get usesd to the weather. 

Currently I am the only one that is working. My wife has no income in the USA, so she can therefore not apply for my visa. She does have a daughter who stated that her husband and her are willing to sponsor. But I would like to ask you what Visa would be the best and fastest way for us to go?


 
Thank you so much for your time,
 
God Bless

You have to apply for CR-1/IR-1 visa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

~~moved to IR1/CR1 process and procedures ~~

K3 are rarely granted anymore so dont waste your time there.  And you dont live in a country with a USCIS office.  You will start the CR1 process with an I-130 mailed to the Chicago lockbox.  

If you make sure you've been married for 2 years upon entry after acquiring your visa, you will recieve a 10 year green card and wont need to remove conditions.  Shouldnt be too hard considering spousal visas currently take 12-16 months.  


You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dutch1969 said:

Currently I am the only one that is working. My wife has no income in the USA, so she can therefore not apply for my visa.

Your only option is the CR-1/IR-1 visa.  This web site has information regarding this visa in the "Guides" section.  Please be aware that even though your wife has no US income, she will be your primary sponsor.  Her daughter could serve as a joint sponsor.  Your wife will also have to demonstrate convincing intent to establish domicile in the US.  Unless you can do Direct Consular Fining there, the current processing time is 12-16 months........good luck.


First career- 20 year Retired E-8, USAF Missileer,

Second career-Retired Registered Nurse, experience in Labor& Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent & Adult Psych

Third career-Retired IT Developer & Database Administrator for surgical services dept.

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Dutch1969 said:
my wife cannot get usesd to the weather. 
 

Is she from WA? I don’t know how long she has been out of the country but the weather here in WA is very similar to Northern Europe, in particular maritime areas such the British isles and the North Sea coastal countries. Maybe she’s forgotten what it’s like here or she’s hoping to move to Arizona. 

 

Since youve bern married for more than 2 years it’ll be an IR-1 unless you obtained citizenship whilst in the USA previously? It’ll take about a year for the whole process but your wife will need to demonstrate her intent to re-establish domicile in the USA. I assume she has been filing federal tax returns whilst living in the Netherlands? 


 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear JFH,

She is originally from Guam (Pacific Islander), but we lived in the Pacific NorthWest from 2010 till 2015 together, to include that terrible winter where we had no power in the Lacey Area for almost a week.

We got married on May 31, 2018 in Guam (US Territory). She has the fullest intend to establish re-establish domicile in Texas as her daughter lives there. She has not filled taxes in the USA since she left, but that is something I will advise her to do ASAP.

Thank you

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, JFH said:

Is she from WA? I don’t know how long she has been out of the country but the weather here in WA is very similar to Northern Europe, in particular maritime areas such the British isles and the North Sea coastal countries. Maybe she’s forgotten what it’s like here or she’s hoping to move to Arizona. 

 

Since youve bern married for more than 2 years it’ll be an IR-1 unless you obtained citizenship whilst in the USA previously? It’ll take about a year for the whole process but your wife will need to demonstrate her intent to re-establish domicile in the USA. I assume she has been filing federal tax returns whilst living in the Netherlands? 

Actually, the OP stated they just got married in May 2018.  Regardless, a spousal visa I130 is their only option.


Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NikLR said:

~~moved to IR1/CR1 process and procedures ~~

K3 are rarely granted anymore so dont waste your time there.  And you dont live in a country with a USCIS office.  You will start the CR1 process with an I-130 mailed to the Chicago lockbox.  

If you make sure you've been married for 2 years upon entry after acquiring your visa, you will recieve a 10 year green card and wont need to remove conditions.  Shouldnt be too hard considering spousal visas currently take 12-16 months.  

Taking the 12-16months in consideration, then we would fall within the 2yr timeframe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is just a colloquial terminology thing but women in the USA genenerally want to be referred to as women, not females.


Marriage: 2014-02-23
CR1 started : 2014-06-06
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13
ROC started : 2017-04-14 - CSC

ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque

N400 started: 2018-04-24

N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque

Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 - Santa Fe

 

April 2017 I-751 Filers Spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t335PrkwxPk7sRryv02NH3vrWHy0vlkBxjmPy5VYJO8/edit#gid=0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bill & Katya said:

Actually, the OP stated they just got married in May 2018.  Regardless, a spousal visa I130 is their only option.

 Need new glasses! I read it as 2012. Or does my screen need cleaning?


 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dutch1969 said:

Dear JFH,

She is originally from Guam (Pacific Islander), but we lived in the Pacific NorthWest from 2010 till 2015 together, to include that terrible winter where we had no power in the Lacey Area for almost a week.

We got married on May 31, 2018 in Guam (US Territory). She has the fullest intend to establish re-establish domicile in Texas as her daughter lives there. She has not filled taxes in the USA since she left, but that is something I will advise her to do ASAP.

Thank you

 

No power for several days at a time is still a common feature in many parts of WA. We often have no power for 3 or 4 days here in the Cascades after a storm or even just a bit of snowfall. You need a gasoline generator here for those days. 

 

She is required by law to file a tax return every year, even if she doesn’t owe any tax. Unless she earns less than $10,000 a year. 


 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JFH said:

No power for several days at a time is still a common feature in many parts of WA. We often have no power for 3 or 4 days here in the Cascades after a storm or even just a bit of snowfall. You need a gasoline generator here for those days. 

 

She is required by law to file a tax return every year, even if she doesn’t owe any tax. Unless she earns less than $10,000 a year. 

She is making $ 0.00 a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dutch1969 said:

She is making $ 0.00 a year.

Then she will need to explain that she didn't earn enough to file taxes.


First career- 20 year Retired E-8, USAF Missileer,

Second career-Retired Registered Nurse, experience in Labor& Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent & Adult Psych

Third career-Retired IT Developer & Database Administrator for surgical services dept.

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont understand how the lower 48 tend to not have power when Alaska and most of Canada managed just fine in incremental weather.  So confusing. 


You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×