Kozano96

Writing in I-129f evidence okay?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello! So I’m very close to sending off our I-129f, but I stopped for a minute before going through the evidence we’re providing (birth cert, travel docs, gift receipts and messages) wouldn’t it be okay to write on them or highlight on them to give them context for the USCIS? For example, I think I read on their website to highlight stuff in travel docs to make it easier on them, such as where and when my fiancé traveled etc. but I’m not sure. I’ll double check though, but does anyone else have any experiences to share, send them in blank with no writing or what?(: thank you for reading this and helping if you do, very much! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Zean said:

Hello! So I’m very close to sending off our I-129f, but I stopped for a minute before going through the evidence we’re providing (birth cert, travel docs, gift receipts and messages) wouldn’t it be okay to write on them or highlight on them to give them context for the USCIS? For example, I think I read on their website to highlight stuff in travel docs to make it easier on them, such as where and when my fiancé traveled etc. but I’m not sure. I’ll double check though, but does anyone else have any experiences to share, send them in blank with no writing or what?(: thank you for reading this and helping if you do, very much! 

I did.  Annotated on the pages that I wanted them to take notice of exactly what I wanted them to see rather than hoping they would see it

YMMV

Timeline
7 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I did.  Annotated on the pages that I wanted them to take notice of exactly what I wanted them to see rather than hoping they would see it

I see. My plan was to highlight what I wanted them to see, and write context on the backs of the pages. Or maybe write the stuff on sticky notes. If you don’t mind me asking, did your forms get accepted despite the annotations?(: Or are you still awaiting an answer? 

Timeline
Just now, Zean said:

I see. My plan was to highlight what I wanted them to see, and write context on the backs of the pages. Or maybe write the stuff on sticky notes. If you don’t mind me asking, did your forms get accepted despite the annotations?(: Or are you still awaiting an answer? 

Check my timeline. Approved 

YMMV

36 minutes ago, Zean said:

You can highlight passages, put sticky notes on pages to notate, etc. Are you including pictures of you together? Those would be more appropriate for evidence of relationship than receipts are.

Filed: Other Timeline
54 minutes ago, Zean said:

I am waiting on my NOA2 so I can't say it was approved but I did notate everything. From copies of my boarding passes, to pasting my pictures on a paper and explaining each one, where it was taken, what date, who is in the pic, etc.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

You can highlight passages, put sticky notes on pages to notate, etc. Are you including pictures of you together? Those would be more appropriate for evidence of relationship than receipts are.

Thank you so much :3 and yes I am including pictures of us, many with us and my family together with us (:. Thank you so much for your reply, it eased my thoughts more than you know. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Zean said:

Thank you so much :3 and yes I am including pictures of us, many with us and my family together with us (:. Thank you so much for your reply, it eased my thoughts more than you know. 

Just an fyi.  I submitted 1 page of photos 4 up.  Photos are secondary evidence.   Quantity of secondary evidence does not improve your petition approval.   Quality primary evidence does

YMMV

Timeline
4 minutes ago, cduran said:

I am waiting on my NOA2 so I can't say it was approved but I did notate everything. From copies of my boarding passes, to pasting my pictures on a paper and explaining each one, where it was taken, what date, who is in the pic, etc.

That’s extremely good to know 🙂 I plan to explain each of my pics as well, and I’m glad you got accepted doing what I plan to as well (:. I hope you don’t have to wait much longer and everything goes smoothly! 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Just an fyi.  I submitted 1 page of photos 4 up.  Photos are secondary evidence.   Quantity of secondary evidence does not improve your petition approval.   Quality primary evidence does

That’s very true. It feels so strange to submit so few, but I will submit only the ones that matter the most. I definitely do have quality secondary evidence without a doubt. Thank you so very much for such sound advice (:. This thread helped me more than initially planned. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
1 hour ago, Zean said:

My fiancé and I went to Azerbaijan together, I only sent them the travel itinerary, I didn’t bother highlighting anything. I also sent along receipts of the stuff we purchased and places we went, but either way I don’t think it’s harmful if you wanna highlight or not 

Scans of your passport stamps makes pretty good evidence.  Photos together are better than receipts.  Right now your main focus should be to prove that you have met at least once in the two years prior to filing and that you are both legally capable of contracting marriage at the time you file.  The letters of intent are required too.  You will need more proof of ongoing relationship later but you need to establish proof of the above first.  Include divorce, death or annulment paperwork for ALL previous marriages.  A good job on this now will help reduce the chances for an RFE later!  Good luck and keep in mind that this process is slow and stressful at times.  Focus on the love and all will be well.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

Scans of your passport stamps makes pretty good evidence.  Photos together are better than receipts.  Right now your main focus should be to prove that you have met at least once in the two years prior to filing and that you are both legally capable of contracting marriage at the time you file.  The letters of intent are important too.  You will need more proof of ongoing relationship later but you need to establish proof of the above first.  Include divorce, death or annulment paperwork for ALL previous marriages.  A good job on this now will help reduce the chances for an RFE later!  Good luck and keep in mind that this process is slow and stressful at times.  Focus on the love and all will be well.

In country receipts with petitioners name on it (say the hotel folio, money exchange, optometry receipt for eye exam and new pair of glasses) are much better than photos.   Anything that can be tied back to your name is golden 

YMMV

Just now, payxibka said:

In country receipts with petitioners name on it (say the hotel folio, money exchange, optometry receipt for eye exam and new pair of glasses) are much better than photos.   Anything that can be tied back to your name is golden 

I think a combination might be better.  A hotel receipt or passport stamp prove I was in country but not that we ever met.  I like adding a photo together that matches the dates on the receipts or stamps just to close the loop.

I do get glasses on almost every visit!  They are dirt cheap there!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.