Jump to content
Zean

Writing in I-129f evidence okay?

21 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello! So I’m very close to sending off our I-129f, but I stopped for a minute before going through the evidence we’re providing (birth cert, travel docs, gift receipts and messages) wouldn’t it be okay to write on them or highlight on them to give them context for the USCIS? For example, I think I read on their website to highlight stuff in travel docs to make it easier on them, such as where and when my fiancé traveled etc. but I’m not sure. I’ll double check though, but does anyone else have any experiences to share, send them in blank with no writing or what?(: thank you for reading this and helping if you do, very much! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zean said:

Hello! So I’m very close to sending off our I-129f, but I stopped for a minute before going through the evidence we’re providing (birth cert, travel docs, gift receipts and messages) wouldn’t it be okay to write on them or highlight on them to give them context for the USCIS? For example, I think I read on their website to highlight stuff in travel docs to make it easier on them, such as where and when my fiancé traveled etc. but I’m not sure. I’ll double check though, but does anyone else have any experiences to share, send them in blank with no writing or what?(: thank you for reading this and helping if you do, very much! 

I did.  Annotated on the pages that I wanted them to take notice of exactly what I wanted them to see rather than hoping they would see it


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I did.  Annotated on the pages that I wanted them to take notice of exactly what I wanted them to see rather than hoping they would see it

I see. My plan was to highlight what I wanted them to see, and write context on the backs of the pages. Or maybe write the stuff on sticky notes. If you don’t mind me asking, did your forms get accepted despite the annotations?(: Or are you still awaiting an answer? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zean said:

I see. My plan was to highlight what I wanted them to see, and write context on the backs of the pages. Or maybe write the stuff on sticky notes. If you don’t mind me asking, did your forms get accepted despite the annotations?(: Or are you still awaiting an answer? 

Check my timeline. Approved 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Zean said:

I see. My plan was to highlight what I wanted them to see, and write context on the backs of the pages. Or maybe write the stuff on sticky notes. If you don’t mind me asking, did your forms get accepted despite the annotations?(: Or are you still awaiting an answer? 

You can highlight passages, put sticky notes on pages to notate, etc. Are you including pictures of you together? Those would be more appropriate for evidence of relationship than receipts are.


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Zean said:

Hello! So I’m very close to sending off our I-129f, but I stopped for a minute before going through the evidence we’re providing (birth cert, travel docs, gift receipts and messages) wouldn’t it be okay to write on them or highlight on them to give them context for the USCIS? For example, I think I read on their website to highlight stuff in travel docs to make it easier on them, such as where and when my fiancé traveled etc. but I’m not sure. I’ll double check though, but does anyone else have any experiences to share, send them in blank with no writing or what?(: thank you for reading this and helping if you do, very much! 

I am waiting on my NOA2 so I can't say it was approved but I did notate everything. From copies of my boarding passes, to pasting my pictures on a paper and explaining each one, where it was taken, what date, who is in the pic, etc.


Late 2017: Met playing Clash of Queens via Line app

November 30th 2017: Started dating

May 16-26 2018: Met for the first time in Beirut

May 24 2018: He proposed!

August 31 2018: K1 petition sent to Agency

September 10, 2018: Petition reviewed and sent to USCIS

September 12 2018: NOA1 old USCIS site

September 17, 2018: NOA1 new USCIS site and harcopy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

You can highlight passages, put sticky notes on pages to notate, etc. Are you including pictures of you together? Those would be more appropriate for evidence of relationship than receipts are.

Thank you so much :3 and yes I am including pictures of us, many with us and my family together with us (:. Thank you so much for your reply, it eased my thoughts more than you know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zean said:

Thank you so much :3 and yes I am including pictures of us, many with us and my family together with us (:. Thank you so much for your reply, it eased my thoughts more than you know. 

Just an fyi.  I submitted 1 page of photos 4 up.  Photos are secondary evidence.   Quantity of secondary evidence does not improve your petition approval.   Quality primary evidence does


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cduran said:

I am waiting on my NOA2 so I can't say it was approved but I did notate everything. From copies of my boarding passes, to pasting my pictures on a paper and explaining each one, where it was taken, what date, who is in the pic, etc.

That’s extremely good to know 🙂 I plan to explain each of my pics as well, and I’m glad you got accepted doing what I plan to as well (:. I hope you don’t have to wait much longer and everything goes smoothly! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Just an fyi.  I submitted 1 page of photos 4 up.  Photos are secondary evidence.   Quantity of secondary evidence does not improve your petition approval.   Quality primary evidence does

That’s very true. It feels so strange to submit so few, but I will submit only the ones that matter the most. I definitely do have quality secondary evidence without a doubt. Thank you so very much for such sound advice (:. This thread helped me more than initially planned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zean said:

Hello! So I’m very close to sending off our I-129f, but I stopped for a minute before going through the evidence we’re providing (birth cert, travel docs, gift receipts and messages) wouldn’t it be okay to write on them or highlight on them to give them context for the USCIS? For example, I think I read on their website to highlight stuff in travel docs to make it easier on them, such as where and when my fiancé traveled etc. but I’m not sure. I’ll double check though, but does anyone else have any experiences to share, send them in blank with no writing or what?(: thank you for reading this and helping if you do, very much! 

My fiancé and I went to Azerbaijan together, I only sent them the travel itinerary, I didn’t bother highlighting anything. I also sent along receipts of the stuff we purchased and places we went, but either way I don’t think it’s harmful if you wanna highlight or not 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scans of your passport stamps makes pretty good evidence.  Photos together are better than receipts.  Right now your main focus should be to prove that you have met at least once in the two years prior to filing and that you are both legally capable of contracting marriage at the time you file.  The letters of intent are required too.  You will need more proof of ongoing relationship later but you need to establish proof of the above first.  Include divorce, death or annulment paperwork for ALL previous marriages.  A good job on this now will help reduce the chances for an RFE later!  Good luck and keep in mind that this process is slow and stressful at times.  Focus on the love and all will be well.

 

Edited by John & Rose

June 6,  2017 - Filed the K-1

April 20, 2018 - K-1 refused

June 11, 2018 - Got married in Pateros, Metro Manila

September 10, 2018 - Filed the CR-1

September 11, 2018 - Priority Date

September 14, 2018 -  NOA-1

 

 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

 

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

 

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY.   These are the only ones that can attend the seminar without their visa.

 

 

IMG_7714.jpg.2782f301709f81dd223fe1b62d085472.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, John & Rose said:

Scans of your passport stamps makes pretty good evidence.  Photos together are better than receipts.  Right now your main focus should be to prove that you have met at least once in the two years prior to filing and that you are both legally capable of contracting marriage at the time you file.  The letters of intent are important too.  You will need more proof of ongoing relationship later but you need to establish proof of the above first.  Include divorce, death or annulment paperwork for ALL previous marriages.  A good job on this now will help reduce the chances for an RFE later!  Good luck and keep in mind that this process is slow and stressful at times.  Focus on the love and all will be well.

 

In country receipts with petitioners name on it (say the hotel folio, money exchange, optometry receipt for eye exam and new pair of glasses) are much better than photos.   Anything that can be tied back to your name is golden 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, payxibka said:

In country receipts with petitioners name on it (say the hotel folio, money exchange, optometry receipt for eye exam and new pair of glasses) are much better than photos.   Anything that can be tied back to your name is golden 

I think a combination might be better.  A hotel receipt or passport stamp prove I was in country but not that we ever met.  I like adding a photo together that matches the dates on the receipts or stamps just to close the loop.

 

I do get glasses on almost every visit!  They are dirt cheap there!


June 6,  2017 - Filed the K-1

April 20, 2018 - K-1 refused

June 11, 2018 - Got married in Pateros, Metro Manila

September 10, 2018 - Filed the CR-1

September 11, 2018 - Priority Date

September 14, 2018 -  NOA-1

 

 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

 

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

 

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY.   These are the only ones that can attend the seminar without their visa.

 

 

IMG_7714.jpg.2782f301709f81dd223fe1b62d085472.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×