TBoneTX

I-751 July 2017 Filers, Part II

975 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, AlfNel23 said:

Thank you, I hope that's the case for us too. Was your case transferred to Lee Summit Office?

3 hours ago, AlfNel23 said:

Thank you, I hope that's the case for us too. Was your case transferred to Lee Summit Office?

Yes, I hadn’t heard anything until

December 21st 2018, when I got the update that my I-751 was transferred to Lee Summit. Then in January I got a letter that my N-400 had been scheduled for an interview (nothing about the I-751). When I went for my interview they had both cases ready to adjudicate and today I got the official letter of approval that my conditional status has been removed and new GC is on its way. Just in time to give it back next week at my oath ceremony lol. All that to say...there’s no rhyme or reason to their method (if you can call it that) or madness.

7 hours ago, theanswerisdance said:

December 21st 2018, when I got the update that my I-751 was transferred to Lee Summit. Then in January I got a letter that my N-400 had been scheduled for an interview (nothing about the I-751). When I went for my interview they had both cases ready to adjudicate and today I got the official letter of approval that my conditional status has been removed and new GC is on its way. Just in time to give it back next week at my oath ceremony lol. All that to say...there’s no rhyme or reason to their method (if you can call it that) or madness.

Oh that is great, thanks for sharing. Everything about uscis can be called madness lol.

Filed: Timeline
9 hours ago, theanswerisdance said:

I agree everything is madness with USCIS.

I had my N-400 interview and they didn’t have my I-751 file ready but they did both interviews anyways. USCIS officer told me he will look for my file in the office (records said it was there). One week later I got the transfer notice that it was moved to Lee office and I also got the I-751 approval letter at the same time. That was so weird but I’m glad it got approved.

Now I’m waiting for oath ceremony to be scheduled. I don’t think they will send me the 10 year green card. 

Edited by qfbariza

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The IO had told me they wouldn’t bother to send me my 10-year GC but it arrived today...so after being without a valid GC for a year and a half, I get to enjoy it for all of a week before I hand it right back at the oath ceremony. 

Hello everyone,

Please guide me 

I filed my I751 waiver in July 2017(VSC ). I got RFE in November 2019 and after reply to my RFE, my file was transferred to NVS on December 20, 2019, to schedule an interview. And since then no updates. Last week I made an info pass appointment in my local office Hartford, CT. They told me right now they are scheduling the 2015 files interviews. And I filed in 2017. So just WAIT WAIT WAIT. 

I am so confused. It's almost 2 months but still didn't get interview date yet. This is the last semester of my study. After June 2019 most likely I have to move where I will find my job. I am just worried what if I will not get an interview until June 2019? Because if I will change my address then my file will delay again.

I have two option

1. Move to the place where I found job and change address (it will delay my file)

2. Stay in the same address until I am done with the interview and after the interview start job.

what do you think, which option is good for me? I am so worried because I don't want to do anything so it affects to delaying my file (because it's almost 19 months) and I also don't want to take a break in my career. I am trying to find a job near my area but what should I do if I found a job in another area, another state.

Please guide what should I do in this situation? Which option is best? And approximately how long it will take to get interview date?

2 hours ago, Dimps said:

Hello everyone,

Please guide me 

I filed my I751 waiver in July 2017(VSC ). I got RFE in November 2019 and after reply to my RFE, my file was transferred to NVS on December 20, 2019, to schedule an interview. And since then no updates. Last week I made an info pass appointment in my local office Hartford, CT. They told me right now they are scheduling the 2015 files interviews. And I filed in 2017. So just WAIT WAIT WAIT. 

I am so confused. It's almost 2 months but still didn't get interview date yet. This is the last semester of my study. After June 2019 most likely I have to move where I will find my job. I am just worried what if I will not get an interview until June 2019? Because if I will change my address then my file will delay again.

I have two option

1. Move to the place where I found job and change address (it will delay my file)

2. Stay in the same address until I am done with the interview and after the interview start job.

what do you think, which option is good for me? I am so worried because I don't want to do anything so it affects to delaying my file (because it's almost 19 months) and I also don't want to take a break in my career. I am trying to find a job near my area but what should I do if I found a job in another area, another state.

Please guide what should I do in this situation? Which option is best? And approximately how long it will take to get interview date?

definitely move to a place in where you can get a good job. you are going to work in that career for your entire life and the sooner you develop it the better. What is 6 more months (just to assume a number) in your greencard waiting process vs missing out on that perfect job that will grow you as a professional. 

Hey! Im a july 31st 2017 filer. on march 4th,2018 my case was transferred to local office then nothing until December 21st- my case was transferred to lee's summit. And since then nothing. I also filed N-400 in August 2018 got my biometrics done and since then nothing again. I checked cases around my receipt number and all of them had received their cards in october of 2018. Im so confused and frustrated

24 minutes ago, ukrainian said:

Hey! Im a july 31st 2017 filer. on march 4th,2018 my case was transferred to local office then nothing until December 21st- my case was transferred to lee's summit. And since then nothing. I also filed N-400 in August 2018 got my biometrics done and since then nothing again. I checked cases around my receipt number and all of them had received their cards in october of 2018. Im so confused and frustrated

there are several of us in the same boat as you are..... hang in there. 

2 hours ago, fcorona85 said:

definitely move to a place in where you can get a good job. you are going to work in that career for your entire life and the sooner you develop it the better. What is 6 more months (just to assume a number) in your greencard waiting process vs missing out on that perfect job that will grow you as a professional. 

Thank you so much for your reply. I totally agree, Because I don't know, how long it will take, to get an interview date. Finger crossed, I will get interview date before I move. 

Filed: Timeline
On 12/21/2018 at 11:27 AM, SAS007 said:

Again, yet another person who was approved almost EXACTLY 90 days from their case being transferred to another office. There are a few of us with that same time line. 

I'm almost certain there is some kind of internal deadline USCIS have on cases that get transferred. For those who were transferred to NEBRASKA, see what happens around the 90 day mark! 

I was transferred 104 days ago from CSC to Nebraska  (no n400). So I guess I’m the unlucky one! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Every other day I am losing my hope. I feel like this is an eternal process. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I-751   ----WAC172920XXXX-----

---------

July 20, 2017    => Case was Received 

February 25, 2018     =>  Case Was Received At My Local Office

December 21, 2018   =>  Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction

N-400   ----IOE090545XXXX----

----------

September 28, 2018   =>  We received your application

September 28, 2018  =>  We scheduled your biometrics appointment

October 15, 2018  =>  We reviewed your biometrics

Edited by Can-thePNWhobbies

So everyone that hasn’t get approved that its from july28/2017 its out of processing time?

i just check uscis page and it says that they ate working on cases as of july-28-2017

my case is priority of july-21-2017, and never received nothing but the receipt.! (No biometrics no nothing.!)

anyone on my shoes? 

EB38076E-C332-43DC-8D53-4AF8DD0C4E58.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Xfiles said:

So everyone that hasn’t get approved that its from july28/2017 its out of processing time?

i just check uscis page and it says that they ate working on cases as of july-28-2017

my case is priority of july-21-2017, and never received nothing but the receipt.! (No biometrics no nothing.!)

anyone on my shoes? 

EB38076E-C332-43DC-8D53-4AF8DD0C4E58.jpeg

I was wondering the same thing. My case was received on July 31st and i tried to submit an inquiry few days ago and I was told my case is within normal processing time. i was wondering if i can submit one when they will start processing August 1st cases. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
16 minutes ago, ukrainian said:

I was wondering the same thing. My case was received on July 31st and i tried to submit an inquiry few days ago and I was told my case is within normal processing time. i was wondering if i can submit one when they will start processing August 1st cases. 

I keep track of this.  It moves by one day each day.  So if you come back to check tomorrow, it will say July 29, 2017.  When your NOA date is on or before the date shown on this page (and it must be for the service center your case is at), the system will allow you to submit a case inquiry.  But as many of us know, you could very well receive a boiler plate response from USCIS a month later, if you hear back at all.

Also - if you read their methodology on how they post the timeline, you will realize that it is not realistic.  It is 130% to the time on the top end (this means 30% more time is added after they calculate a time it takes to process 93% of all pending cases).

This is in my opinion to buy themselves more time and to not allow people to submit the inquiry too soon because they don’t want to deal with it.

Bottom line - we don’t and will never know exactly where (in terms of filing dates) they are working on our cases exactly.  It is a black hole.  We believe something will come out of it eventually, but you can never see what is in it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.