TBoneTX

I-751 July 2017 Filers, Part II

975 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, GBOS said:

I keep track of this.  It moves by one day each day.  So if you come back to check tomorrow, it will say July 29, 2017.  When your NOA date is on or before the date shown on this page (and it must be for the service center your case is at), the system will allow you to submit a case inquiry.  But as many of us know, you could very well receive a boiler plate response from USCIS a month later, if you hear back at all.

Also - if you read their methodology on how they post the timeline, you will realize that it is not realistic.  It is 130% to the time on the top end (this means 30% more time is added after they calculate a time it takes to process 93% of all pending cases).

This is in my opinion to buy themselves more time and to not allow people to submit the inquiry too soon because they don’t want to deal with it.

Bottom line - we don’t and will never know exactly where (in terms of filing dates) they are working on our cases exactly.  It is a black hole.  We believe something will come out of it eventually, but you can never see what is in it.

As u said they add even more time in top of the actual time.! So people that is even behind this is crazy.! This process used to take 6 months and now almost 2 years in some cases even more.! But like me not even biometrics taken and my local office is really small area well not as big as others so they do can schedule a interview or send me a rfe.! (At least) 

my process for the n400 wento to fast till the interview.! They did combo interview and io told me that was going to get both approved.! But after interview.! No updates at all i do got a n-652 box A recomended for approval.! But as i said keep waiting on updates but nothing.

i’m just realizing that my roc is out of processing time and not even update 😪

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Xfiles said:

As u said they add even more time in top of the actual time.! So people that is even behind this is crazy.! This process used to take 6 months and now almost 2 years in some cases even more.! But like me not even biometrics taken and my local office is really small area well not as big as others so they do can schedule a interview or send me a rfe.! (At least) 

my process for the n400 wento to fast till the interview.! They did combo interview and io told me that was going to get both approved.! But after interview.! No updates at all i do got a n-652 box A recomended for approval.! But as i said keep waiting on updates but nothing.

i’m just realizing that my roc is out of processing time and not even update 😪

One thing many of us here can agree on - This is CRAZY

I just received another one of these emails, we are still reviewing your case, no updates..

I never applied for citizenship, VSC July 17. No updates at all. No transfer notice. Nothing.

4 hours ago, Lelyze said:

I just received another one of these emails, we are still reviewing your case, no updates..

I never applied for citizenship, VSC July 17. No updates at all. No transfer notice. Nothing.

Have you filed a case inquiry or anything?

It does **sometimes** pay to inquire when you don't hear anything. Our N-400 (I know... not the I-751 being discussed here) got "stuck in nowhere land" to quote the immigration officer when we did a Infopass appointment, and would not have been processed at all if we hadn't inquired. That was exactly what she told us, and thanked us very much for coming in to check. Made me realize that it doesn't hurt to check when you've heard nothing, even though, in most cases, you will still not hear anything productive. 

event.png

event.png
3-18-2014 - Mailed I-129F
3-24-2014 - NOA1 (email)
9-2-2014 - NOA2 (email)
9-16-2014 - NVC Received
9-17-21014 - NVC Case #
9-19-2014 - Belize Embassy Received electronically
10-15-2014 - Notice that Packet 3 was ready.
10-17-2014 - Fiance picked up both Packet 3 and Packet 4
11-11-2014 - Interview!! **Embassy cancelled because they remembered it was Veteran's day :wacko:
11-18-2014 - Interview!!!

So I usually check case status, but today i checked my account with uscis, where it says that last action taken on I-751 - moved to local office on feb 26th,2018. and it states it is current as of today. on case status last action reported- on dec 21 2018 my case was moved and new office has jurisdiction. It is so misleading. Is it just a glitch? Anyone had it?

4 hours ago, Lelyze said:

Maybe file a case inquiry, it may take forever to hear back if at all but it will not hurt to try. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, ukrainian said:

So I usually check case status, but today i checked my account with uscis, where it says that last action taken on I-751 - moved to local office on feb 26th,2018. and it states it is current as of today. on case status last action reported- on dec 21 2018 my case was moved and new office has jurisdiction. It is so misleading. Is it just a glitch? Anyone had it?

My account (on the DHS site) still says my I-751 was moved to local office last February, and that’s current as of today. Meanwhile, my case status on USCIS is fully up-to-date with my GC having been delivered last week, even though according to my DHS account, nothing’s happened in a year. I’d trust the USCIS update from December more than the DHS statis from last February.

7 hours ago, belizedreams said:

Have you filed a case inquiry or anything?

It does **sometimes** pay to inquire when you don't hear anything. Our N-400 (I know... not the I-751 being discussed here) got "stuck in nowhere land" to quote the immigration officer when we did a Infopass appointment, and would not have been processed at all if we hadn't inquired. That was exactly what she told us, and thanked us very much for coming in to check. Made me realize that it doesn't hurt to check when you've heard nothing, even though, in most cases, you will still not hear anything productive. 

I have done case inquiry, and gave them a call. When I was on the phone they told me that it is till under normal processing time (they have just extended it that day). I plan on calling tomorrow again

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Lelyze said:

I have done case inquiry, and gave them a call. When I was on the phone they told me that it is till under normal processing time (they have just extended it that day). I plan on calling tomorrow again

I would make an info pass. Nothing like speaking with someone in person.

Have you applied for N-400? Sometimes I think it can help. I’m also I-751 July 2017 file and my oath ceremony is in about one month. 

6 minutes ago, qfbariza said:

Have you applied for N-400? Sometimes I think it can help. I’m also I-751 July 2017 file and my oath ceremony is in about one month. 

How long take u to take the oath letter after aproval? And how long do they take to update your case online? After the interview.! 

52 minutes ago, qfbariza said:

I tried, but NYC offices is not even accepting infopass appointments, and the next closest one is 6 hours away. It's just frustrating.

I am not applying for N-400 at this time.

1 hour ago, Xfiles said:

How long take u to take the oath letter after aproval? And how long do they take to update your case online? After the interview.! 

Here is my timeline:

July 29, 2017 Filed I-751 (CSC)

After that I never got biometrics letter and only one notification of your file has been transferred some time February 2018

Then I received letter of biometrics are not needed sometime in February 2018

July 21, 2018 applied for N-400 

My N400 estimated time said several months (>12) but then:

My n400 interview was scheduled (estimated time changed to 4 months after status change) sometime in December but it got de-scheduled because they closed all government offices that day. Then it got re-scheduled 

January 22, 2019 passed N-400 and I-751 joint interview. Although they didn’t have my I-751 file they did both interviews at the same time (they said I-751 file may be in the same local office but who knows)

January 23, 2019 my I-751 god updated that is was transferred to Lee office and also updated the same day that it was approved. N-400 got also approved (recommended for naturalization ceremony)

February 19, 2019 my oath ceremony letter arrived. Case online was updated like 3-4 business days ago and online letter appeared 2 business days ago

March 20, 2019 oath ceremony

7 hours ago, qfbariza said:

Here is my timeline:

July 29, 2017 Filed I-751 (CSC)

After that I never got biometrics letter and only one notification of your file has been transferred some time February 2018

Then I received letter of biometrics are not needed sometime in February 2018

July 21, 2018 applied for N-400 

My N400 estimated time said several months (>12) but then:

My n400 interview was scheduled (estimated time changed to 4 months after status change) sometime in December but it got de-scheduled because they closed all government offices that day. Then it got re-scheduled 

January 22, 2019 passed N-400 and I-751 joint interview. Although they didn’t have my I-751 file they did both interviews at the same time (they said I-751 file may be in the same local office but who knows)

January 23, 2019 my I-751 god updated that is was transferred to Lee office and also updated the same day that it was approved. N-400 got also approved (recommended for naturalization ceremony)

February 19, 2019 my oath ceremony letter arrived. Case online was updated like 3-4 business days ago and online letter appeared 2 business days ago

March 20, 2019 oath ceremony

My case is similar but they didn’t update anything after interview, 2.1.19.! And still showing we schedule your interview and my i-751 still the same.! Also got aproved for both at interview, but no updates(you got updates the day after.!) 

1 hour ago, Xfiles said:

My case is similar but they didn’t update anything after interview, 2.1.19.! And still showing we schedule your interview and my i-751 still the same.! Also got aproved for both at interview, but no updates(you got updates the day after.!) 

Hopefully your status changes soon. Did you check in this website? https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

for me creating an account there and checking there was more reliable and updated faster than the other my account USCIS website (where you applied for N400 if done online) 

best of luck!

1 hour ago, qfbariza said:

Hopefully your status changes soon. Did you check in this website? https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

for me creating an account there and checking there was more reliable and updated faster than the other my account USCIS website (where you applied for N400 if done online) 

best of luck!

Yeah i applied online.! But my -i751 when i log in is different than the other one.! But nothing new all same 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.