Jump to content
TBoneTX

I-751 July 2017 Filers, Part II

541 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

This is the continuation thread for the original thread --
https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/639733-i-751-july-2017-filers/

-- which has been closed because of its large size.

-------

Personal note: Those of us who are finished with this infernal immigration process sincerely hope and pray for progress in your case.

Infernal is the best description. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

This is the continuation thread for the original thread --
https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/639733-i-751-july-2017-filers/

-- which has been closed because of its large size.

-------

Personal note: Those of us who are finished with this infernal immigration process sincerely hope and pray for progress in your case.

Brother stick around cause we’re gonna need part 3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I got approved since last month but because of recent move, my green card was sent to my old address, hence, back to USCIS at Lee Summit office. I'm traveling outside the country next month and have no idea what to bring. Does the 18 month extension letter still work? Or I need to do infopass to get a stamp? USCIS customer service told me many different things, one said I wouldn't get a stamp and to use letter. One said letter doesn't work anymore. In a limbo now and hope they resend my card soon.

 

 USPS forwarded my approval letter but not my green card. If you just moved like me and recently got approved, call your local post office to hold your card. Don't be idiot like me and trusted them when they said "it will get forwarded stop worrying, just wait a week". 

Edited by NM19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

This is the thread for the original thread --
https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/639733-i-751-july-2017-filers/

-- which has been closed because of its large size.

-------

Personal note: Those of us who are finished with this infernal immigration process sincerely hope and pray for progress in your case.

Thanks for keeping us 'open'....we need that and a lot more.....  A 10 year GC would be nice...just saying :) 

 

 

Edited by mrs thb



USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't give up hope.  Do like I did.  Make an INFO Pass appointment and go and politely talk to an Immigration Agent.  It cant hurt and I also don't believe that it was a coincidence that I  got a I-551 stamp for my wife at 12:00 pm and by 4:38 p.m. the same office approved her green card after almost 15 months.  Especially with the Agent telling me that no one had touched my file even once since I it was transferred from Vermont on 9 April 2018.  Some times you got to go face to face with them wearing only a smile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NM19 said:

So I got approved since last month but because of recent move, my green card was sent to my old address, hence, back to USCIS at Lee Summit office. I'm traveling outside the country next month and have no idea what to bring. Does the 18 month extension letter still work? Or I need to do infopass to get a stamp? USCIS customer service told me many different things, one said I wouldn't get a stamp and to use letter. One said letter doesn't work anymore. In a limbo now and hope they resend my card soon.

 

 USPS forwarded my approval letter but not my green card. If you just moved like me and recently got approved, call your local post office to hold your card. Don't be idiot like me and trusted them when they said "it will get forwarded stop worrying, just wait a week". 

So I will start by saying I don't know for sure, but I did a search quickly and found a thread noting a simlar issue (need to read down a bit in it)

 

According to to this thread, you should be able to use your stamp or extension letter as long as it isn't past the validity date.

 

When I was doing AOS, this happened to me (Green Card arrived while out of the country) and I got back in with my AP even though the card was approved and mailed.

 

I would maybe double check by calling escalating to a Tier II officer or Infopass (if that's possible)... but I would think that in the worst case, you would need someone to mail the green card before you try to re-enter the US?

 

You might get better response making this its own thread. Most of us are waiting, so we may not have experiences to share

 


--------------------------

K-1 Visa Timeline

--------------------------

04/21/2014: Submitted I-129F

05/29/2014: NOA2 via email

01/20/2015: Visa Received

03/15/2015: POE

04/01/2015: Married!! (L)

04/11/2015: Submitted AOS / EAD / AP

10/09/2015: Green Card Approved

07/20/2017: Submitted I-751 ROC

07/27/2017: NOA1 Received

10/14/2017: Biometrics Waived

10/27/2018: ROC Approved

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chiggins82 said:

So I will start by saying I don't know for sure, but I did a search quickly and found a thread noting a simlar issue (need to read down a bit in it)

 

According to to this thread, you should be able to use your stamp or extension letter as long as it isn't past the validity date.

 

When I was doing AOS, this happened to me (Green Card arrived while out of the country) and I got back in with my AP even though the card was approved and mailed.

 

I would maybe double check by calling escalating to a Tier II officer or Infopass (if that's possible)... but I would think that in the worst case, you would need someone to mail the green card before you try to re-enter the US?

 

You might get better response making this its own thread. Most of us are waiting, so we may not have experiences to share

 

Thank you! I just made Infopass appointment and hopefully able to get the stamp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, NM19 said:

Thank you! I just made Infopass appointment and hopefully able to get the stamp.

Last year I traveled with a "combo" of an Ext. Letter+expired green card - no troubles.

 

I was in my home country when my I-751 approval arrived, along my 10 years green card.  So, was coming back with a stamp in my passport - no problem, at all, including taking off from Ukraine and going through another control during layover in Austria.

 

The only thing was - coming back to the US with I-551 stamp I was pulled to  a secondary to verify my status. The Officer explained me that  everyone who has the stamp, goes through secondary. For me It didn't take even 15 minutes - my POE was Chicago, which is huge and pretty busy airport   :)

 

So you can use the "combo" - if your 18 months Ext. Letter is still valid. Or you can get your passport stamped.

 

As  for me - I liked it more,  traveling with the stamp. Less paperwork to carry and be concerned about.

 

So no worries - you will be fine!!!  

 

And yes, you still can work :) Your still are an LPR :)

Have a safe trip!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ksenia_O said:

Last year I traveled with a "combo" of an Ext. Letter+expired green card - no troubles.

 

I was in my home country when my I-751 approval arrived, along my 10 years green card.  So, was coming back with a stamp in my passport - no problem, at all, including taking off from Ukraine and going through another control during layover in Austria.

 

The only thing was - coming back to the US with I-551 stamp I was pulled to  a secondary to verify my status. The Officer explained me that  everyone who has the stamp, goes through secondary. For me It didn't take even 15 minutes - my POE was Chicago, which is huge and pretty busy airport   :)

 

So you can use the "combo" - if your 18 months Ext. Letter is still valid. Or you can get your passport stamped.

 

As  for me - I liked it more,  traveling with the stamp. Less paperwork to carry and be concerned about.

 

So no worries - you will be fine!!!  

 

And yes, you still can work :) Your still are an LPR :)

Have a safe trip!!!

Thank you for sharing your experience. Def feel better now, worst case scenario is just sitting in airport for secondary, better than getting rejected! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I filled jointly for my I751 in June 2017 with many documents to support such as: credit card statements, bank statements, photos, utility bills and other documents that I can’t remember, since we claimed our taxes married but separated the paralegal that helped us asked me to send more documents in February 2018 ( taxes filled jointly).

In May 2018 unfortunately my relationship was over. We filled for divorce in March 2018 and in May 2018 we were legally divorced.

I sent the final divorce decree and more support documentation as a letter explain why the relationship was over, medical documents ( I was having some counseling with a psychologist) and the amicable term that we filled with an attorney.

Today, I received a RFE asking me to amend the application. No other document was requested.

Of course this is new for me and I have a thousand of doubts. I called an attorney and explained the situation she said that I should just sign the document and send it. She also said that they will call me for an interview and they may contact my spouse to investigate.

I would like to know if someone has been through something like this?

our relationship is over and I don’t have contact to my spouse anymore, the relationship was bonafide but turbulent in the end. Now after talking to this attorney I’m feeling really bad because I need to rely also on whatever my spouse will say. 

Edited by Brunosss
text size

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NM19 said:

Thank you for sharing your experience. Def feel better now, worst case scenario is just sitting in airport for secondary, better than getting rejected! 

You won't be sitting at the airport.  During passport control your passport  (if you travel with the stamp) will be  taken by CBP Officer to verify your residency status in the system.  You'll have your document back shortly. 

 

Hope you'll have your green card by the time of your trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×