TBoneTX

I-751 July 2017 Filers, Part II

975 posts in this topic

Hi All, 

I applied for I-751 in late July 2017 and last year in August 2018 I applied for N400. I am still waiting and did not make any progress on anything yet? What do you guys suggest I should do now? 

Should I raise a service inquiry request? Or are they holding to approve my I-751 because I applied for N-400 as well. Please advise. 

Thanks,

On 3/12/2019 at 4:59 PM, AlluringSoul said:

You should hear in about 2 weeks if they put a request. Good luck!!

Yes i got the reply :

Recently, you contacted us about the status of your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on
Residence, filed on 07/25/2017. On 08/16/2018, you also filed a Form N-400, Application for
Naturalization. Our records indicate that your Form I-751 and Form N-400 are currently pending and
will be adjudicated at the same time.

22 minutes ago, MB2017 said:

Hi All, 

I applied for I-751 in late July 2017 and last year in August 2018 I applied for N400. I am still waiting and did not make any progress on anything yet? What do you guys suggest I should do now? 

Should I raise a service inquiry request? Or are they holding to approve my I-751 because I applied for N-400 as well. Please advise. 

Thanks,

I have the same time like you and submit both of the application same month. Still pending.. Is u get infopass in your passport ?

1 hour ago, MB2017 said:

Hi All, 

Thanks,

My timing is the same as yours! I did service request and the reply was that they would be adjudicated at the same time. That was about 3 weeks ago and still nothing. You may put in the request just to see if both of your cases are at the same location and will be reviewed together.

I got the same reply and still waiting. About the stamp in the passport I will wait until the end of the month and if nothing changes Im going to get a stamp in case I will have to travel for emergencies. my extension expires in the end of April.  

Im also july 31 2017   i751filer,my n400 interview is already scheduled this april 4..but my i751 is still stuck with was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction over your case,they transferred mine to lee summit mo.And my interview is in charlotte nc. I dont see any info from my n400 that it will be combo interview.. this is starting to make me worried now. I tried submitting out of case processing time last week and it said I will be getting a response the by april 4. My 18 months extension letter will expire now on April 9.

Edited by chesca

9 minutes ago, chesca said:

Im also july 31 2017   i751filer,my n400 interview is already scheduled this april 4..but my i751 is still stuck with was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction over your case,they transferred mine to lee summit mo.And my interview is in charlotte nc. I dont see any info from my n400 that it will be combo interview.. this is starting to make me worried now. I tried submitting out of case processing time last week and it said I will be getting a response the by april 4. My 18 months extension letter will expire now on April 9.

My case was transferred to lee summit as well and my request reply stated that both i757 and n400 will be adjudicated at the same time. So the chance it will be a combo interview is great. i757 cases that has been transferred to lee summit with pending n400  are sent to your local office so both cases can be done together. But maybe you should call them and ask just to make sure. Good luck on your upcoming interview!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I just submitted an inquiry. I am tired of waiting for this. 

Thank you for your request

USCIS will review and process the request.

Expect a reply by April 11, 2019

Your request ID number is SR10791906XXXXXX

Filed: Timeline

My journey is over. Today it was my oath ceremony and i got my passport the same day since I have international travel the same day as oath. My only advice to everyone: apply for N-400 as soon as you’re elegible to apply. Thanks everyone and good luck!

Timeline: 

July 29, 2017 Filed I-751 (CSC)

After that I never got biometrics letter and only one notification of your file has been transferred some time February 2018

Then I received letter of biometrics are not needed sometime in February 2018

July 21, 2018 applied for N-400 

My N400 estimated time said several months (>12) but then:

My n400 interview was scheduled (estimated time changed to 4 months after status change) sometime in December but it got de-scheduled because they closed all government offices that day. Then it got re-scheduled 

January 22, 2019 passed N-400 and I-751 joint interview. Although they didn’t have my I-751 file they did both interviews at the same time (they said I-751 file may be in the same local office but who knows)

January 23, 2019 my I-751 god updated that is was transferred to Lee office and also updated the same day that it was approved. N-400 got also approved (recommended for naturalization ceremony)

February 19, 2019 my oath ceremony letter arrived. Case online was updated like 3-4 business days ago and online letter appeared 2 business days ago

March 20, 2019 oath ceremony. I have international travel the same day at night. I made an appointment ahead of time at passport agency. They give me passport in 2 hours. It was amazing

July2017 I-751 filer, August 2018 N400

My husband had his N400 interview on Tuesday. Fantastically nice officer, did both interviews. I was a bit worried about the I-751, because we have traveled to my husband’s country of birth frequently (I am a volunteer professor at a small college there), and have no rent or utilities here. But he asked no questions beyond confirming dates of birth and such. He had obviously read through our thick stack of papers, and was familiar with our case. In fact, he recognized us in the waiting room when he was calling someone else back, because he stopped and greeted my husband and said he was glad we were both there. It was sooooo easy and pleasant, I kept waiting to wake up from my dream!! 

He did the N400 afterward, and approved both. Just waiting on Oath letter. 

N400 case status has been updated to approved online, no change on ROC. 

event.png

event.png
3-18-2014 - Mailed I-129F
3-24-2014 - NOA1 (email)
9-2-2014 - NOA2 (email)
9-16-2014 - NVC Received
9-17-21014 - NVC Case #
9-19-2014 - Belize Embassy Received electronically
10-15-2014 - Notice that Packet 3 was ready.
10-17-2014 - Fiance picked up both Packet 3 and Packet 4
11-11-2014 - Interview!! **Embassy cancelled because they remembered it was Veteran's day :wacko:
11-18-2014 - Interview!!!

i finally got this reponse today The status of this service request is:

On March 13, 2019, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Form I-751. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved. 

Our records indicate your case is in transit to Charlotte Nc Office.  It is possible to conduct the interview for your I-751 and N-400 on the same day.  Please ensure your spouse is with you on the interview date for your N-400.  Bring all documentation you have for the I-751.   

So it looks like i751 pending case with n400 are going with combo interview.

Thank God,I am so relieved today with this.. good luck for those who are in the same boat as i am.. my interview for n400/i751 is on april 4

Edited by chesca

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Not even 24 hrs, USCIS  emailed me.

Recently, you contacted us about the status of your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, filed on 07/20/2017. On 09/28/2018, you also filed a Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. Our records indicate that your Form I-751 and Form N-400 are currently pending and will be adjudicated at the same time. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.