jacobamanda63

does it affect my VAWA case if i have a baby with other guy during marriage

112 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Rusty72 said:

You should read ALL her posts carefully..

Now I saw a new one i missed she qent to seek comfort AFTER the abuse but because someone quoted it there's this..

"also I did not knew it was abusive marriage until the social worker told me"

I'm done reading this thread

She WAS being abused. She didn't REALIZE that what was happening was actually abuse until a social worker told her. This is VERY common in abusive relationships.

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

1 minute ago, EM_Vandaveer said:

She WAS being abused. She didn't REALIZE that what was happening was actually abuse until a social worker told her. This is VERY common in abusive relationships.

Never said she wasn't ..her timeline of events were not right with her story that is not a language thing.

Which also put a hole or 2 in what she was saying again not a language thing.

Then backtracked to try to fix that but continued with timeline of events errors

Thats all I was pointing out 

If you just be truthfull of excacty how things happened then there won't be those timeline errors come in with that nonsense to an interview and what do you think would happen?

I don't care that she cheated or had a baby with another man ..and if so sorry she was abused

but how she presented it timewise it makes no sense

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Rusty72 said:

Never said she wasn't ..her timeline of events were not right with her story that is not a language thing.

Which also put a hole or 2 in what she was saying again not a language thing.

Then backtracked to try to fix that but continued with timeline of events errors

Thats all I was pointing out 

If you just be truthfull of excacty how things happened then there won't be those timeline errors come in with that nonsense to an interview and what do you think would happen?

I don't care that she cheated or had a baby with another man ..and if so sorry she was abused

but how she presented it timewise it makes no sense

I like to give OPs the benefit of the doubt because trying to blow holes in their stories is not productive.

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Inappropriate post removed.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Rusty72 said:

Just telling the truth will do just that.

Start fixing the timeline to look good and the "little white lies" appear

I was encouraging truth telling.

2 hours ago, Rusty72 said:

You should read ALL her posts carefully..

Now I saw a new one i missed she sent to seek comfort AFTER the abuse but because someone quoted it there's this..

"also I did not knew it was abusive marriage until the social worker told me"

I'm done reading this thread

I read EVERY post.

This is not the first WAVA case I've seen. It's not the first time we've seen someone cheat. Not the first time we've seen someone get abused.

I am not going to take the poo out of a person on the internet in a crisis just because I think they're lying. 

Good luck to you, and the OP.

10 hours ago, Going through said:

Not judging you on a moral scale, and obviously there is a bit of a language barrier----but no, you were not faithful---becoming pregnant by another man while married is not "faithful", and there was a 2nd man in the marriage.  

I would ask the social worker to assist in setting you up with low-cost/free consultation with an immigration attorney.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Filed: Other Timeline
On 10/16/2018 at 7:33 AM, jacobamanda63 said:

Yes, you are right.  the paternity results was court orders already. I don't believe it maybe because I never thought he is not the father. 

I don't have family and friends here to help me with take care of this baby or for money to have a good immigration lawyer. 

only hope is have EAD in hand soon, so I can go to find a job . this baby is too young to send  to daycare , but we need to survived. 

Millions of American citizen babies go to daycare every day.  It is very expensive.

File for child support from the baby's father. It can be set to assist with child care costs. It can continue if you are not granted US residency.

Filed: Other Timeline
6 hours ago, CEE53147 said:

No man on this planet will pay child support if tests have shown that's he is the biological father.

Is it because her abuser is rich so automatically he's going to pay for child support he's not responsible for?

I'd suggest she should make arrangements and contact the one night stand man to confirm if he owns the baby asap then from there ask for assistance to take care of the baby.

As for her immigration details, it's a hard guess - Vermont will decide that.

9 minutes ago, aquila said:

No man on this planet will pay child support if tests have shown that's he is the biological father.

I think you meant if he's not the biological father... :P

That said, there are many cases where a non-biological father has been ordered to pay child support for a non-biological child. However, this requires the parent acknowledging the child as his and having a strong relationship with the child already when discovering the child is not their biological child (or agreeing to act as the parent after discovering it). Basically, acting as a biological father can result in being ordered for support.

Not that this applies to the OP's case...just a tidbit of info.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

if you can PROVE VAWA then you file that w/ divorce waiver. You cant just SAY he was abusive, you have to PROVE it. You will still have to PROVE you entered the marriage in good faith, and cheating immediately after you got married, for any reason, does not work in your favor. However, plenty of cases where its happened and been of little (to no) consequence.

dont other countries TEACH that you can get pregnant at ANY time? Doesnt matter where in your cycle or if its the first time or only time. good grief.

Whoever the father is, because we know you cheated and I can't follow the rest of your story, you NEED to tell him. HE NEEDS to pay child support and NEEDS to be in that childs life. It is not about YOU so get that selfishness out of your head. It is about your child and the childs right and the fathers right to be in each others lives and know and love each other.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

8 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

dont other countries TEACH that you can get pregnant at ANY time? Doesnt matter where in your cycle or if its the first time or only time. good grief.

I know this is off topic but it's not true, there are only 6 days in a cycle when a woman can get pregnant, it's just difficult to predict when these 6 days start. Right after your period is a very likely time for the fertile window to begin. 

On 10/16/2018 at 2:42 PM, belinda63 said:

She will need to prove the abuse and prove she entered the marriage in good faith. 

I  have evidences to prove I was abused  at the hands of  my ex abuser husband  . 

2. also I have evidences to  prove entered the marriage in good faith. 

I did applied VAWA and submitted my statement but I thought this baby was my ex abuser husband's, so I wrote it on my statement. 

I did not purpose to lied to USCIS , I was shocked when paternity results came out. 

I need some help with how to explain this matter to USCIS . I don't know if I need to submit my final divorce decrees now before they send me RFE. If I need to send them to uscis then how to explain that my ex abuser husband is not this baby's father ? 

I appreciate any advices and suggests , also I don't mind if you judge me that I had sex with a guy during the marriage .It was my fault even it was after my ex abuser husband verbally, physically abused me and sexual assaulted me  that made me was very weak and needed comforted. the longest peaceful time during my marriage life was just two weeks. He always picks up every few days. any thing can be the reason that he yells me,  punches me and hit me, call me the names etc.

The only reason we divorce is because his abuse but not this baby.  He withdrew the I-130, and I864 before divorce finalized . that made my I485 was denied which was  he applied for me . 

I am thankful for all of you replied my post, good words and bad words all are right.

I was tried to explained that I am not a cheater for my ex abuser husband and I was faithful in my abusive marriage. but these words are very weak because this baby is not his. 

some one was replied me to lie and make good time line , but it is the timeline that i posted on , I can not change it or lie about it to uscis. 

life is hard . I am not perfect . that is the reason why I did not had perfect happy marriage life . If I am more sweeter and smarter that My ex abuser husband would not always blamed me . I did had abusive marriage life from my ex abuser husband that I can not portent to be happy and say I am okay now. 

I am still keep seeing psychologist every week.   I am still taking medicine every day for depression . 

If I am a real good liar and will make perfect fake timeline and story post on here that will no one spit on me and judges me. 

I really need help with how to explain about this baby is not my ex abuser husband's but still can prove I was entered in marriage in good faith.  

thanks for all of you. sorry about I can not reply each one of replies from you because this little one really keeps me busy all the time. 

I believe that every thing will be possible in God's hand. and I do know God loves each one of us . God will help me with this hard situation go throw your hands that why I posted on here. 

May God bless all of you. 

Damn. This thread makes me lose faith in humanity. Clearly, many of those demeaning OP do not understand the power dynamic in an abusive relationship.

I’m sorry people are judging you for something they will hopefully never have to endure.

I hope your VAWA case works in your favor. It’s tough right now but there are shelters and DV centers that can help you... You may feel quite lonely now but there are people out there who have experienced abuse, too. Please reach out to them (if you haven’t yet).

It takes strength to go on this forum and share what you just shared. Stay strong 💪🏼 especially for your little one.

Edited by ivyyy

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.