MichaelD1980

I have no income & no assets, will that affect my wife's chance to get a U.S. visa even if she has a joint sponsor?

116 posts in this topic

You can certainly obtain work where you have minimal social interactions after training.  Completely staying away from people likely doesnt help you deal with your emotions when you do have to interact.  But I understand why you would do it when it brings you anxiety. 

Your sister can be your joint sponsor. It'a up to the CO if this qualifies properly. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

9 hours ago, JFH said:

What happened to the $82,000 you saved up? Has that all been spent now? That would have been enough in savings to be her sole sponsor. 

JFH is our resident private eye!

6 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

JFH is our resident private eye!

I was just using that as an example, I have never had $82,000. I said that because I was wondering if I did have that much would it be enough, sorry I confused everyone, I should have wrote that post in a different way, I wasn't able to change the post back then sorry. Anyways it doesn't really matter, my sister is going to co-sponsor my wife and I'm turning in a job application Monday at the same place my sister works.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
18 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

SS will help u find work or retrain for work

https://www.ssa.gov/disabilityresearch/workincentives.htm

We do not count the first $65 of earned income plus one–half of the amount over $65. Therefore, we reduce your SSI benefit only $1 for every $2 you earn over $65.

not sure finding a job is worth it if you are now recieiving SSI

as u also take the chance of loosing Medicare

18 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

SS will help u find work or retrain for work

https://www.ssa.gov/disabilityresearch/workincentives.htm

We do not count the first $65 of earned income plus one–half of the amount over $65. Therefore, we reduce your SSI benefit only $1 for every $2 you earn over $65.

not sure finding a job is worth it if you are now recieiving SSI

as u also take the chance of loosing Medicare

In OP s case, wife is a Filipino National; Visa is almost guaranteed regardless of in come or anything. It will fly thru the system too.

21 hours ago, MichaelD1980 said:

Hi, I'm a U.S. citizen, my wife is a Filipino citizen. my wife's petition has already been approved by the USCIS, I'm getting ready to send the Affidavits of support and all the supporting documents to the NVC. I have no income and no assets but my wife has a qualified joint sponsor who meets the income required. I have been unemployed for the last 3 years due to my social anxiety disability, I'm only receiving SSI, so I have no earned income. With me having no income and no assets will that affect my wife's chance for approval for a U.S. visa even if she has a joint sponsor? Thanks for your time.

Wife is a Filipino National; Visa is almost guaranteed regardless of in come or anything. It will fly thru the system too.

Honest-Love-Respect

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
18 hours ago, MichaelD1980 said:

Very funny, I AM NOT a foreigner, I am 100% AMERICAN. the internet cafe was an idea for my Filipina wife to run while she is in the Philippines and I was just thinking at one time about maybe moving to the Philippines if I could not bring her here to the U.S. with me but that idea just would not work and I would not want to live anywhere except for here in the great U.S.A. LETS MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

If u like maybe we could chat on fb video call then u will see I am an American, and VERY proud to be so.

we took alll your questions as you were talking about bringing her here

now, you change and say she can work there

you seem awful anxious to put her to work

7 hours ago, MichaelD1980 said:

I was just using that as an example, I have never had $82,000. I said that because I was wondering if I did have that much would it be enough, sorry I confused everyone, I should have wrote that post in a different way, I wasn't able to change the post back then sorry. Anyways it doesn't really matter, my sister is going to co-sponsor my wife and I'm turning in a job application Monday at the same place my sister works.

Good luck to you! 

• 3 months later...
On 10/13/2018 at 5:00 PM, MichaelD1980 said:

Thank you Em Vandaveer for standing up for me. I'm gonna lay down awhile, I was already upset and stressed over a lot of things before I posted this now I feel worse, sorry.

Just wanted to let you and everyone know my wife passed her visa interview and has her visa, she said it was easy and the CO was very nice, thanks for the comments.

On 10/14/2018 at 11:15 AM, adil-rafa said:

we took alll your questions as you were talking about bringing her here

now, you change and say she can work there

you seem awful anxious to put her to work

And his first post was from 2014 with the same subject...

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.