2,200 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

At 6:15am this morning, I got both email and a text message from USCIS saying that they have taken action on my case and that I may log in. I was a bit frightened, but I did logged in, my case only updated the date, it says same, Fingerprint review was completed. It has been like this since December 2018 until they sent me a letter to go and do bio which I did just yesterday. On my account.uscis.gov the date is updated, on egov.uscis the case was last updated December. Case Tracker didn’t indicate any changes either. Wondering why such messages anyway!!!

Edited by prok

On 10/29/2019 at 7:25 AM, bulls2020 said:

Just woke up this morning to get an email from USCIS (from myuscis account). NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED!

Nebraska office. Submitted I751 on Oct 19 2018. I got an RFE letter in mid-Sept. USCIS acknowledged they received RFE on Oct 5. Today, Oct 28 2019, got notification that card is being produced.

FYI, If I check outside of myuscis, this has not updated.

I Pray everyone gets approved very soon.

Did you RFE ask for anything specific from you?

How long after receiving RFE did USCIS update its page?

I received and RFE on Oct 21, and USCIS received my response on Oct 24, 2019. The old case update website for me still says RFE sent, while the new myaccount.uscis website says they don't need anything from me. The new website never update for me ever.

AOS from F-1

ROC

2 yr GreenCard expires: 03/24/2019

12/27/18 i-751 ROC mailed

12/31/18 USCIS received package (# starts with LIN)

01/30/19 18 month extensions received. Did not get any email/text even though I signed up for it

06/25/19 Biometrics completed in St.Paul MN

10/21/19 RFE received. Insufficient evidence.

10/24/19 RFE response delivered (per USPS).

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, aichteeque said:

Did you RFE ask for anything specific from you?

How long after receiving RFE did USCIS update its page?

I received and RFE on Oct 21, and USCIS received my response on Oct 24, 2019. The old case update website for me still says RFE sent, while the new myaccount.uscis website says they don't need anything from me. The new website never update for me ever.

Hi.

It took from Oct 5 to Oct 28. Honestly, i think all RFEs ask for the same thing. Its a standard letter i believe.

Hopefully your case will be approved very soon! I know its a long hard wait.

Edited by bulls2020

On 10/29/2019 at 7:47 PM, UKUSA said:

Hello KPZen,

Did you send in just your 1040's or did you send in the W-2s and accompanying schedules?

I wonder if it's anything to do with this (which would be unfair):

https://antoniniandcohen.com/en/blog/temporary-protected-status/new-requirement-for-tax-transcripts-when-applying-for-immigration-benefits/

As the previous poster said, send in your tax transcripts for the relevant years for you and your spouse. You can download them for free straight away from the IRS website. Occassionally you get errors, in which case you can request a copy by mail. I would do this right now as there is a looming government shutdown and if it occurs the website will not be available. Also, to make things even more fun the IRS have started masking personal details for IRS transcripts so I would send all your W-2's etc again so they can verify. 

I would also detail a) everything you sent originally and b) exactly what the RFE said (with personal/identifying details ommited) here. That way the good people of this forum can make some suggestions and give advice if you are missing.

Don't sweat it. If you are a real couple, you have nothing to worry about - only 5 percent of these cases are denied even under the present administration. 

Good luck. 

I sent my tax returns only, no transcripts. The last page was the summaries of our W2s. But I did not send W2s separately. 

23 hours ago, DSOTM1973 said:

I think if you start a thread with a copy of the RFE (redacted), people will help you better. 

Either way, as mentioned above, 

1- Go to IRS.com and request Transcript copies by mail or download them online (It will take you 5 min to create the account)

2- You can't send what you don't have. Try to send any financial documents that you had early on the marriage, if not, simply write that you started using the credit cards in 2016, and prior to that (Explain how you two handled the finances). If it is a generic (Not specified finances), then simply send anything you have from early marriage days (Trips, photos, Social media posts, joint purchases, dinner reservations for occasions, receipts of gifts), whatever you can find from late dating/early marriage.   

I like the idea in #2. I never explained how we handled expenses before we got an account - which was right after I got a job. Basically, the explanation is he paid for everything because I was not working and making money - which I believe would be the case for most people. But I should send them a letter stating that anyway. 

22 hours ago, bulls2020 said:

FYI i just got my RFE approved a few days ago.

In my RFE, I sent my irs transcripts and i sent my original tax forms with w2.

Hope that helps 

Did you have all documents they asked for? I dont have a lease or mortgage or deed in my name. Because he and his father co-owns the house from before we were married and we live with his parents and never changed the name on that or utilities. So, I dont even have evidence of joint utilities. I have a lot of evidence for other financial co-mingling, medical bills, beneficiary on policies. Do you have an idea that it would work?

Does anybody else have an idea about this? 

1 hour ago, KPZen said:

Did you have all documents they asked for? I dont have a lease or mortgage or deed in my name. Because he and his father co-owns the house from before we were married and we live with his parents and never changed the name on that or utilities. So, I dont even have evidence of joint utilities. I have a lot of evidence for other financial co-mingling, medical bills, beneficiary on policies. Do you have an idea that it would work?

Me and husband have been married for almost 4 years (will be 4 on Jan 1). We got married in Pakistan and for that year, I stayed in Pakistan for most of the time and I was not working. I did file my taxes for all my years regardless of me working or not. For the year 2016, I didn't earn and I stayed in Pakistan for most of my year, except for when I had to come back to apply for him and get his process started. We got approval same year and we moved to US in Jan 2017 and that is when we got our card as well. Since then we have had our joint bank accounts and everything else. For our first year, we stayed with my parents so the only things we both had under our names was our bank account and our names in the insurance policy for cars and such. It was towards the end of 2017 we got a car but that was under my name, however he was allowed to drive. I got us a medical insurance and added him in there. We have a 1 year old son now but when we applied for condition removal, we just had our son then. So I sent in our tax forms, our pictures, anything that we both own and have under our names (mostly cars and such), insurance information, bank account information and of course our son's information. We are at vermont and according to our case, they received our file in november so I am assuming that they will hand out decision soon. Although we are oct filers because his 90 days fall under that and we can now apply for citizenship but I am waiting on our green card. Anyways anything we didn't own together, I sent explanations of why we don't own it or don't have information. We don't have a lease or a house under our name so whatever we have as joint, I sent it.

I also sent pictures of our son and us from the time we got married. It was basically updating all the information until last year when we applied. I wouldn't be surprised if they requested us to provide rfe. I am not holding on to hopes mainly because of the current administration. I know we will be approved but it will take time.

1 hour ago, KPZen said:

Ask his father to write an affidavit that basically say you two live together yada yada yada, and how the family handle the utilities.

Once again, you can't send what you don't have. Not every married couple have everything. Don't compare what you have with others. If you lack something explain it, and don't stress over it. Technically, there is no such a thing as joint utility bill. You can put multiple names on the mailing address, but there is no joint utilities, only one person owns the account. Just because they ask for it, doesn't mean it is a thing or a requirement. Hence, they ask you to send whatever evidence you may find relevant.

What you have is plenty. Explain what you don't have in a letter, and explain any future plans you have. If they don't like your response, they will send you for an interview.

Relax,

Hi Everyone,

I've been  keeping closer eye on this site lately. Just wondering where are others filing their case? Saw lot of people receiving RFE's etc..some even got approved. I filed in USCIS California center 10/29/18. My last  2 updates are from summer 2019. First re-using biometrics and latter  my case was forwarded to another USCIS center, Virginia. It's been now 12 months. Should I call them and ask if I missed anything? There's hasn't been any updates on online portal either since summer 19.

Wondering if here are any CA filers whose case was transferred to Virgnia Center and where are you standing now? 

i 751 filed 10/29/18.

18-month extension received 12/5/18

Biometrics waived 5/20/19.

Case transferred 6/15/19.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
2 hours ago, KK1986 said:

Hi Everyone,

I've been  keeping closer eye on this site lately. Just wondering where are others filing their case? Saw lot of people receiving RFE's etc..some even got approved. I filed in USCIS California center 10/29/18. My last  2 updates are from summer 2019. First re-using biometrics and latter  my case was forwarded to another USCIS center, Virginia. It's been now 12 months. Should I call them and ask if I missed anything? There's hasn't been any updates on online portal either since summer 19.

Wondering if here are any CA filers whose case was transferred to Virgnia Center and where are you standing now? 

i 751 filed 10/29/18.

18-month extension received 12/5/18

Biometrics waived 5/20/19.

Case transferred 6/15/19.

i am also California filer
i have Filed by end mid September 2018
got Biomertric letter saying was being reused but 
on July 9th i got bio interview and had it approved
on October 17 got letter that my case was moved to another office which is Virginia 
im in same page with you 
im stressed out as well

6 hours ago, bulls2020 said:

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the tracking number of the greencard that has been mailed to me?

I called them for my conditional green card two and a half years ago and they provided me with the tracking number.  Try calling them and tell them that the tracking number is not appearing at your online account.

How long after applying for Citizenship does it take for USCIS to transfer the I-751 case? 

I applied for Removal of Conditions in California, so I am eternally waiting. Then, in October 28 I submitted my application for citizenship and now I'm in the Midwest. I've seen some cases here of people who had their I-751 case transferred after submitting n-400. I am wondering if and when it will happen for me. 

Edited by BRgirlUS

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
4 minutes ago, BRgirlUS said:

How long after applying for Citizenship does it take for USCIS to transfer the I-751 case? 

I applied for Removal of Conditions in California, so I am eternally waiting. Then, in October 28 I submitted my application for citizenship and now I'm in the Midwest. I've seen some cases here of people who had their I-751 case transferred after submitting n-400. I am wondering if and when it will happen for me. 

I believe that there are several relatively current postings where the N-400 was approved, yet the ROC has not yet been adjudicated.....Can you say USCIS is messed up.

One thing, you have to do is proper change of address with USCIS and USPS.

https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.