2,200 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 minutes ago, abc23 said:

Hi guys!

I'm another Vermont filer that status changed to card is being produced today 10/18/19.

I sent the packet on Oct 26, 2018

My noa date is Nov 1, 2018

So it took exactly 1 year.

What a relief!

Good luck everyone. Your time will come soon I'm sure. 

Congratulations 

13 minutes ago, prok said:

Congratulations 

Thank you

Just need to correct Noa date though

Its Dec 17, 2018 not Nov 1

Edited by abc23
Wrong info

Texas filer here (case sent October 29, fingerprint fee accepted Nov 6, SRC 199XXXXXXX)

Today (October 19) I received a biometrics letter from USCIS asking to do biometrics on October 30.

This is interesting, because back in January 2019 I got a notice that my biometrics will be reused, and my status changed to "Fingerprint review completed". My case status did not change, nor did I get any electronic notification about this. Also, in case tracker, my status is still "Fingerprint fee received".

01-16-2016: AOS package sent

01-09-2017: AOS (I-130 and I-485) granted

10-31-2018: I-751 filed

01-25-2019 NOA received (Extension letter, Biometrics waiver letter)

10-19-2019 Biometrics letter received

10-30-2019 Biometrics to be completed

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, Patsyuchok said:

Texas filer here (case sent October 29, fingerprint fee accepted Nov 6, SRC 199XXXXXXX)

Today (October 19) I received a biometrics letter from USCIS asking to do biometrics on October 30.

This is interesting, because back in January 2019 I got a notice that my biometrics will be reused, and my status changed to "Fingerprint review completed". My case status did not change, nor did I get any electronic notification about this. Also, in case tracker, my status is still "Fingerprint fee received".

That's strange, why will they ask you to do that again? are you sure it was not a computer glitch? Well, I will advise you give them a call to know what's up? Since December my changed to Fingerprint review was completed. Although, I got a mail that my Fingerprint will be reuse, ever since, it has been like that on case tracker, on uscis.gov website. Give them a call and update us here the latest. Good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
18 minutes ago, prok said:

That's strange, why will they ask you to do that again? are you sure it was not a computer glitch? Well, I will advise you give them a call to know what's up? Since December my changed to Fingerprint review was completed. Although, I got a mail that my Fingerprint will be reuse, ever since, it has been like that on case tracker, on uscis.gov website. Give them a call and update us here the latest. Good luck

It’s pretty normal to see people who got waived for bio then getting it later. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
17 hours ago, Patsyuchok said:

Same here. I just saw that I got the letter yesterday and my date is 10/29. Since I'm off tomorrow, I'm going to try and go see if I can get that done (other people have gone before their appointment). I really hope that this means that they are working on all these cases and we'll see approvals soon!!

@prok - I have seen this happen to LIN filers in this thread where their biometrics was reused, but then they had to do biometrics again. I hope this means they are moving on with the case!

@lolita88 - Oh thanks for letting me know that one can get biometrics ahead of time! Please let us know if you succeed at getting it tomorrow! I think we are in the same field office and I know our office doesn’t allow walk-ins anymore, but it would be great to get it done this week and not wait!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
8 hours ago, Patsyuchok said:

@prok - I have seen this happen to LIN filers in this thread where their biometrics was reused, but then they had to do biometrics again. I hope this means they are moving on with the case!

@lolita88 - Oh thanks for letting me know that one can get biometrics ahead of time! Please let us know if you succeed at getting it tomorrow! I think we are in the same field office and I know our office doesn’t allow walk-ins anymore, but it would be great to get it done this week and not wait!

Wow, Thank you for your message! I did not think to check and you are right about the ATL office. I´ll probably call in the morning, but I will make arrangements with my job to go next Tuesday. Do you know how long it may take to get through the process?

Also, I found this post and it has a "not very nice" review of the ATL office down in the comments... Guess it's good to go knowing what to expect! 😕 https://mypathtocitizenship.com/can-i-do-an-early-walk-in-for-my-biometrics-appointment-instead-of-waiting/

On 10/19/2019 at 1:58 PM, Patsyuchok said:

I feel like we might be in the same situation somewhat.  I'm signed up for USPS Informed Delivery and I can see that we're receiving a letter from the TSC today.

Case status on USCIS's website says: "As of May 25, 2019, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-751"

Case status on the My USCIS website says: "You do not need to do anything at this time"

Tracker app says: "fingerprint review was completed"

My wife also received a notice that they would reuse her fingerprints and that there was no need for a biometrics appointment.  It's nice to see progress actually happening but it's kind of a bummer to be told that it was a mistake now.

Edited by ochocam

46 minutes ago, Eileenaichan said:

The Vermont filers that got approved could you go change the chart so it's easier for people to see the statistics?

Please update the spreadsheet as well.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Eileenaichan said:

The Vermont filers that got approved could you go change the chart so it's easier for people to see the statistics?

It's a bummer how a lot of people never fill in their dates. 😕 I'm sure we can get more accurate estimations if they did.

7 hours ago, ochocam said:

I feel like we might be in the same situation somewhat.  I'm signed up for USPS Informed Delivery and I can see that we're receiving a letter from the TSC today.

Case status on USCIS's website says: "As of May 25, 2019, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-751"

Case status on the My USCIS website says: "You do not need to do anything at this time"

Tracker app says: "fingerprint review was completed"

My wife also received a notice that they would reuse her fingerprints and that there was no need for a biometrics appointment.  It's nice to see progress actually happening but it's kind of a bummer to be told that it was a mistake now.

Yup - it was a notice for biometrics.  My wife has an appointment on October 31st now at 2:00 PM.  Kinda' sucks because she's a teacher and it's a little difficult for her to get a substitute but thankfully she'll only miss two classes.

On 10/20/2019 at 8:22 PM, lolita88 said:

Wow, Thank you for your message! I did not think to check and you are right about the ATL office. I´ll probably call in the morning, but I will make arrangements with my job to go next Tuesday. Do you know how long it may take to get through the process?

Also, I found this post and it has a "not very nice" review of the ATL office down in the comments... Guess it's good to go knowing what to expect! 😕 https://mypathtocitizenship.com/can-i-do-an-early-walk-in-for-my-biometrics-appointment-instead-of-waiting/

Did you try calling them?

I agree with the comment about the ATL office you shared. I had to go in there and get a passport stamp there last year- my experience was that they are indeed quite rude and unpleasant to talk to, and they seem to enjoy their power. That was part of the reason I was anxious about trying to do an early walk-in.

I don’t know how long it may take to hear back after biometrics. Seems like LIN filers heard back within 1-3 months, but SRC is so much slower.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.