2,200 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
24 minutes ago, bulls2020 said:

Just woke up this morning to get an email from USCIS (from myuscis account). NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED!

Nebraska office. Submitted I751 on Oct 19 2018. I got an RFE letter in mid-Sept. USCIS acknowledged they received RFE on Oct 5. Today, Oct 28 2019, got notification that card is being produced.

FYI, If I check outside of myuscis, this has not updated.

I Pray everyone gets approved very soon.

Amen, congratulations 

On 10/24/2019 at 3:14 PM, KPZen said:

Vermont filer here. Applied 10/26/2018. Got RFE today as per the case tracker. Waiting for the letter. 

Applied 10/26/2018. Got RFE status update 10/24/2019. Received RFE letter in mail on 10/28/2019. 

The letter says the IRS tax returns I sent were "not signed or supported by IRS documentation." I might not have signed tax return documents my accountant sent me but what does "not supported by IRS documentation" mean? 

Also they said my evidence did not span the duration of my marriage. I got married in Dec 2015 but started joint accounts and credit cards in 2016. I sent all records since then. 

Does anyone know what to do? 

On 10/28/2019 at 10:16 AM, MorganandMichael said:

Another week with nothing. How are my other Nebraska filers that are still waiting?

Hey. Same boat as you. LIN filer, sent docs october 2018. Got fingerprints done sometime in June then nothing. I got nosy and started snooping cases before mine. Looks like cases which are 200 steps before mine got approved then they suddenly stopped and every i751 case from that point upto my number says fingerprint recieved. There were about 10 of them. This is the only reason I'm not panicking right now.

24 minutes ago, Zkot4ov said:

Hey. Same boat as you. LIN filer, sent docs october 2018. Got fingerprints done sometime in June then nothing. I got nosy and started snooping cases before mine. Looks like cases which are 200 steps before mine got approved then they suddenly stopped and every i751 case from that point upto my number says fingerprint recieved. There were about 10 of them. This is the only reason I'm not panicking right now.

That does actually make me feel a lot better, thank you! Would you be able to PM me a random one of the case numbers in that chunk so I can see if it's close to ours? It doesn't have to be yours lol

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

8 hours ago, KPZen said:

Applied 10/26/2018. Got RFE status update 10/24/2019. Received RFE letter in mail on 10/28/2019. 

The letter says the IRS tax returns I sent were "not signed or supported by IRS documentation." I might not have signed tax return documents my accountant sent me but what does "not supported by IRS documentation" mean? 

Also they said my evidence did not span the duration of my marriage. I got married in Dec 2015 but started joint accounts and credit cards in 2016. I sent all records since then. 

Best way to take care of the tax issue to send a Tax Return Transcript (easily downloadable from IRS website).

7 hours ago, KPZen said:

Hello KPZen,

Did you send in just your 1040's or did you send in the W-2s and accompanying schedules?

I wonder if it's anything to do with this (which would be unfair):

https://antoniniandcohen.com/en/blog/temporary-protected-status/new-requirement-for-tax-transcripts-when-applying-for-immigration-benefits/

As the previous poster said, send in your tax transcripts for the relevant years for you and your spouse. You can download them for free straight away from the IRS website. Occassionally you get errors, in which case you can request a copy by mail. I would do this right now as there is a looming government shutdown and if it occurs the website will not be available. Also, to make things even more fun the IRS have started masking personal details for IRS transcripts so I would send all your W-2's etc again so they can verify. 

I would also detail a) everything you sent originally and b) exactly what the RFE said (with personal/identifying details ommited) here. That way the good people of this forum can make some suggestions and give advice if you are missing.

Don't sweat it. If you are a real couple, you have nothing to worry about - only 5 percent of these cases are denied even under the present administration. 

Good luck. 

22 hours ago, KPZen said:

I think if you start a thread with a copy of the RFE (redacted), people will help you better. 

Either way, as mentioned above, 

1- Go to IRS.com and request Transcript copies by mail or download them online (It will take you 5 min to create the account)

2- You can't send what you don't have. Try to send any financial documents that you had early on the marriage, if not, simply write that you started using the credit cards in 2016, and prior to that (Explain how you two handled the finances). If it is a generic (Not specified finances), then simply send anything you have from early marriage days (Trips, photos, Social media posts, joint purchases, dinner reservations for occasions, receipts of gifts), whatever you can find from late dating/early marriage.   

Edited by DSOTM1973

14 hours ago, UKUSA said:

Hello KPZen,

Did you send in just your 1040's or did you send in the W-2s and accompanying schedules?

I wonder if it's anything to do with this (which would be unfair):

https://antoniniandcohen.com/en/blog/temporary-protected-status/new-requirement-for-tax-transcripts-when-applying-for-immigration-benefits/

As the previous poster said, send in your tax transcripts for the relevant years for you and your spouse. You can download them for free straight away from the IRS website. Occassionally you get errors, in which case you can request a copy by mail. I would do this right now as there is a looming government shutdown and if it occurs the website will not be available. Also, to make things even more fun the IRS have started masking personal details for IRS transcripts so I would send all your W-2's etc again so they can verify. 

I would also detail a) everything you sent originally and b) exactly what the RFE said (with personal/identifying details ommited) here. That way the good people of this forum can make some suggestions and give advice if you are missing.

Don't sweat it. If you are a real couple, you have nothing to worry about - only 5 percent of these cases are denied even under the present administration. 

Good luck. 

That is actually interesting. I get the need of seeing tax transcript, but I personally don't get the need of also requesting W2's when you send your transcript. But who knows, I am sure USCIS directors see something we don't see.

As well, I am 100% surprised the IRS refuse to share tax documents with USCIS. I mean, they can access anyone's phone and banking records, but not tax returns?

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, DSOTM1973 said:

That is actually interesting. I get the need of seeing tax transcript, but I personally don't get the need of also requesting W2's when you send your transcript. But who knows, I am sure USCIS directors see something we don't see.

As well, I am 100% surprised the IRS refuse to share tax documents with USCIS. I mean, they can access anyone's phone and banking records, but not tax returns?

FYI i just got my RFE approved a few days ago.

In my RFE, I sent my irs transcripts and i sent my original tax forms with w2.

Hope that helps 

11 minutes ago, bulls2020 said:

FYI i just got my RFE approved a few days ago.

In my RFE, I sent my irs transcripts and i sent my original tax forms with w2.

Hope that helps 

Would you please share your timeline, and evidence submitted and/or requested, so anyone who come by looking for help can benefit?

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, DSOTM1973 said:

Would you please share your timeline, and evidence submitted and/or requested, so anyone who come by looking for help can benefit?

I did post my timeline yesterday.

I can submit regarding my evidence later today.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

So I went yesterday to get my biometrics done and, as expected, they don't take walk-ins in the ATL ASC. The man there said that they post a note on the door if they take them or not, but it really doesn't make sense that they do that when they haven't taken walk-ins in such a long time. Anyways, it took me about 20 minutes of waiting to get to the reception desk, the lady barely talked with me because she was busy talking with her colleague (which explains why she was taking soooo long to check people in). I waited about 5-10 more minutes and I got the fingerprints done in about 5 minutes. The officers were not rude, but they could use some smiling and words like please and thank you, to be honest.

Texas Service Center

my.uscis.gov still shows Fingerprint fee received

egov.uscis.gov and the app show Fingerprint review was completed (as of April 15)

I had received the letter that they were going to reuse my fingerprints but several months later I received my biometrics appointment letter.

7 hours ago, DSOTM1973 said:

No they can't

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 hours ago, lolita88 said:

So I went yesterday to get my biometrics done and, as expected, they don't take walk-ins in the ATL ASC. The man there said that they post a note on the door if they take them or not, but it really doesn't make sense that they do that when they haven't taken walk-ins in such a long time. Anyways, it took me about 20 minutes of waiting to get to the reception desk, the lady barely talked with me because she was busy talking with her colleague (which explains why she was taking soooo long to check people in). I waited about 5-10 more minutes and I got the fingerprints done in about 5 minutes. The officers were not rude, but they could use some smiling and words like please and thank you, to be honest.

Texas Service Center

my.uscis.gov still shows Fingerprint fee received

egov.uscis.gov and the app show Fingerprint review was completed (as of April 15)

I had received the letter that they were going to reuse my fingerprints but several months later I received my biometrics appointment letter.

I was at ASC today as well, got there 45min earlier, but they won’t let no one in until 30min to the original appointment time. It took less than 25min, I was done and out of the office. I got a letter in December 2018 that my bio will be reuse and ever since my status on both myaccount.uscis.gov and which.uscis.gov shows Fingerprints review was completed. My receipt starts with SRC, I hope we won’t have to wait any longer. Cheers 

@prok and @lolita88, I also got my bio done today. ATL ASC office is depressing-looking, but overall it went okay :) I think the fact that we give them feedback after the fact makes them try harder at smiling and being nice. 

01-16-2016: AOS package sent

01-09-2017: AOS (I-130 and I-485) granted

10-31-2018: I-751 filed

01-25-2019 NOA received (Extension letter, Biometrics waiver letter)

10-19-2019 Biometrics letter received

10-30-2019 Biometrics to be completed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.