jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Brian PC said:

Do we have to apply for an ITIN if we already have an SSN?

No. Legally you cannot have both cards. Only one or the other. If you receive an ITIN and try to apply for an SSN later you will have to submit the ITIN in order to be granted an SSN.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

20 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Yes! You are further ahead than me as I've had no updates so mine hasnt reached my LFO yet.

Good luck to you!! 

I am trying to check my status less since I've already signed up for automated notifications but it's sooo hard not to. The tracker apps and immigrations forums are both a blessing and a curse lol. I feel like the more I try to figure out the process and timeline and when everyone else is getting theirs, the more obsessive I become. Like I know there's nothing I can do other than wait and I probably should focus my energy and time on something more worthwhile like learning something new, pick up a hobby, workout etc, but gahhhhh why can't I just take my own advice and do what's good for me!!!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
2 hours ago, Chochosun said:

Good luck to you!! 

I am trying to check my status less since I've already signed up for automated notifications but it's sooo hard not to. The tracker apps and immigrations forums are both a blessing and a curse lol. I feel like the more I try to figure out the process and timeline and when everyone else is getting theirs, the more obsessive I become. Like I know there's nothing I can do other than wait and I probably should focus my energy and time on something more worthwhile like learning something new, pick up a hobby, workout etc, but gahhhhh why can't I just take my own advice and do what's good for me!!!

You could not be more right. I find myself obsessed trying to figure out the timeline of the process. Always end up realizing this is a very personalized process and there is no real define timeline.

2 hours ago, Chochosun said:

Good luck to you!! 

You’re not alone! It’s so hard to not look every day even with the email notifications haha 🙈  our las update for my husband was 1 week ago and it was just to tell us that they’re still working on our case. Can be so frustrating sometimes!

Luck to you and your other half during this process!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

So just got notification about RFE for AOS. It’s separate from the EAD right? I mean EAD could still be approved without RFE? Or they won’t move anywhere with my EAD application because the RFE for AOS?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

So just got 14 texts that the 131 and 765 were closed. We were late October filers so I assume them doing something with ours is good news for everybody else.

3 hours ago, cholt said:

Received notice that my ead card is being produced!

Noa1 date of Oct 11 - hoping it comes with travel as that has not been updated.

I signed up to receive emails/texts whenever anything was updated on my case and it worked perfectly. Kept me from losing my mind checking the website constantly!

Also received interview notice!

Submitted forms on Oct 5 and interview is scheduled for March 27! (The best bday present I could have gotten!!)

Field office is Lawrence MA - could definitely just be luck since their processing times are much longer

Good luck everyone!!

We are in NH and Oct 11th as well! We are hoping that ours is next! 

5 hours ago, cholt said:

Received notice that my ead card is being produced!

Noa1 date of Oct 11 - hoping it comes with travel as that has not been updated.

I signed up to receive emails/texts whenever anything was updated on my case and it worked perfectly. Kept me from losing my mind checking the website constantly!

Also received interview notice!

Submitted forms on Oct 5 and interview is scheduled for March 27! (The best bday present I could have gotten!!)

Field office is Lawrence MA - could definitely just be luck since their processing times are much longer

Good luck everyone!!

Where did you receive notice? Our interview is March 19 but no word about EAD OR AP

6 hours ago, Katelyngene said:

You’re not alone! It’s so hard to not look every day even with the email notifications haha 🙈  our las update for my husband was 1 week ago and it was just to tell us that they’re still working on our case. Can be so frustrating sometimes!

Luck to you and your other half during this process!

The problem we had was we signed up for emails and text and never got them for the adjustment interview until checking the snail mail one day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.