TBoneTX

Put On Your Big-Boy Rants

2,983 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

We have just subdued the usual 2 loads for Saturday night, sigh man.

This "light" weekend still means Many (2+1) or Many (2+2) loads for Sunday, sigh man.

And there will be ironing, sigh man.

This is why we are the official Thread Laundress, si QA ma'am.

And we cannot fathom how anyone could possibly be allergic to cats or anything about them, or why so many such allergics abound, and why they simply can't/don't take antihistamines so that they can share their lives with a furry feline, no man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

De-dish* cat** prep*** zzz**** man.

*empty dishwarsher, Texas spelling & pronunciation man

**re-water/check food supply/thoroughly brush cat, miu man

***prepare for bed & morning, handy abbreviation man

****self-evident, zzz man

Mornin', Austrian laundress-babes, absent Commie-babes*****, and other babes with reputation-point inventories!

*****Absent Asia!  Absent, ABSENT Asia!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I'm sure new guy will be fine.  I've had to bring in 4 pets to the vet for cremation or to be put down and I think that putting them down is easier than a sudden death.  The owners have usually had some more time to come to terms with it.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

7 hours ago, NikLR said:

Okay I'm training a new guy.  He is doing really well (with only a few mistakes)  and I was SUPER busy with 3 doctors.  So I gave him the easy dr, both were willing to have a go at it.  It was physcial exams and vaccinations except for one quality of life.  Now about 1/2 the quality of life for ongoing (not new) patients end up being put to sleep.  Most people want to keep going on their animals but sometimes it's best for the animal, which is why they're talking to the dr about it.  No one wants their loved ones to be suffering or in pain.

I was very busy, but I was checking in on him a lot, making sure everything was okay.  He assured me it was.  At the end of the day I come to find out the QOL ended up as a PTS.  This would have been his first PTS and I would want to be there for him to help with paperwork and checking the person out for any payments.  It's REALLY REALLY hard to ask people for money at this time.  Unless the Dr says otherwise, we have have to, and if the dr says otherwise, we have to make a note.  It's just hospital policy.  There are always expenses when a pet is given their final resting.  Paperwork etc, has to be done so that we can send them cards, sometimes flowers, and make sure everything is done correctly to the owner's wishes.  It's just hard, and your first one is ALWAYS the hardest.  I've cried over pets I've just met.  Especially the ones where the owner's dont want to stay.   This guy has a huge heart (he's currently out in the desert rescuing stray dogs) and is a vegan.  Just loves animals with all of his being.  I'm not sure he's ever had to deal with his own pets who have passed, let alone pets that belong to someone else.  I grew up on a farm. I've had lots of pets, and some we've had to have euthanized.  The worst was being 13 and picking up my dead cat on the side of the road because my ex-step-father refused to do it.  Other's I've had to give away or sell, like my horse.  That doesn't make it easier, it just is and I can only hope their lives were happy after I was no longer in them.  ANYHOW.... 

Now the Dr he was with started the practice in 1985.  He's mostly retired right now and works 2 days a week. He knows how to do all of this obviously.  

But I feel horrible that I wasn't there to help this new guy because I didn't know they were at that point.  Neither him nor the dr informed me nor asked for help.  I would have stopped helping the 2 drs I had, moved the new guy to helping check them out for regular items, and helped the older dr with the PTS.  Or at the very least, been there to help the new guy figure out the details.  I'm not sure the paperwork was done.  I know the owners weren't checked out and haven't paid yet.  I feel horrible that I wasn't there for him when he likely needed me to be.  I've had some personal issues with my own child recently as well and my mind was still spinning from that BUT I made a mistake and I HATE HATE HATE making mistakes that can hurt someone's feelings.  I am really hard on myself for messing anything up tbh, but this feels worse.  I can't even check in with him until Monday.  BUT I let my supervisor and a dr know that I understood my mistake and feel terrible about it.  They both tell me just to move onward and it's okay since I understand where the error was.  I know what corrections to make in the future and everything that may or may not have been done CAN be corrected and fixed.  I plan on calling the owners on Monday to let them know their clay paw is here and reminding them gently that we need payment before we can proceed with their final wishes.  

Regardless, it's kept me from sleeping well for 2 days, combined with my own family issues.  I wish I could be there for my kiddo and I can't.  I'm only a phone call away and being there wouldn't help anyhow, but a real hug is always better than a virtual one.  

((hug))

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
7 hours ago, NikLR said:

Okay I'm training a new guy.  He is doing really well (with only a few mistakes)  and I was SUPER busy with 3 doctors.  So I gave him the easy dr, both were willing to have a go at it.  It was physcial exams and vaccinations except for one quality of life.  Now about 1/2 the quality of life for ongoing (not new) patients end up being put to sleep.  Most people want to keep going on their animals but sometimes it's best for the animal, which is why they're talking to the dr about it.  No one wants their loved ones to be suffering or in pain.

I was very busy, but I was checking in on him a lot, making sure everything was okay.  He assured me it was.  At the end of the day I come to find out the QOL ended up as a PTS.  This would have been his first PTS and I would want to be there for him to help with paperwork and checking the person out for any payments.  It's REALLY REALLY hard to ask people for money at this time.  Unless the Dr says otherwise, we have have to, and if the dr says otherwise, we have to make a note.  It's just hospital policy.  There are always expenses when a pet is given their final resting.  Paperwork etc, has to be done so that we can send them cards, sometimes flowers, and make sure everything is done correctly to the owner's wishes.  It's just hard, and your first one is ALWAYS the hardest.  I've cried over pets I've just met.  Especially the ones where the owner's dont want to stay.   This guy has a huge heart (he's currently out in the desert rescuing stray dogs) and is a vegan.  Just loves animals with all of his being.  I'm not sure he's ever had to deal with his own pets who have passed, let alone pets that belong to someone else.  I grew up on a farm. I've had lots of pets, and some we've had to have euthanized.  The worst was being 13 and picking up my dead cat on the side of the road because my ex-step-father refused to do it.  Other's I've had to give away or sell, like my horse.  That doesn't make it easier, it just is and I can only hope their lives were happy after I was no longer in them.  ANYHOW.... 

Now the Dr he was with started the practice in 1985.  He's mostly retired right now and works 2 days a week. He knows how to do all of this obviously.  

But I feel horrible that I wasn't there to help this new guy because I didn't know they were at that point.  Neither him nor the dr informed me nor asked for help.  I would have stopped helping the 2 drs I had, moved the new guy to helping check them out for regular items, and helped the older dr with the PTS.  Or at the very least, been there to help the new guy figure out the details.  I'm not sure the paperwork was done.  I know the owners weren't checked out and haven't paid yet.  I feel horrible that I wasn't there for him when he likely needed me to be.  I've had some personal issues with my own child recently as well and my mind was still spinning from that BUT I made a mistake and I HATE HATE HATE making mistakes that can hurt someone's feelings.  I am really hard on myself for messing anything up tbh, but this feels worse.  I can't even check in with him until Monday.  BUT I let my supervisor and a dr know that I understood my mistake and feel terrible about it.  They both tell me just to move onward and it's okay since I understand where the error was.  I know what corrections to make in the future and everything that may or may not have been done CAN be corrected and fixed.  I plan on calling the owners on Monday to let them know their clay paw is here and reminding them gently that we need payment before we can proceed with their final wishes.  

Regardless, it's kept me from sleeping well for 2 days, combined with my own family issues.  I wish I could be there for my kiddo and I can't.  I'm only a phone call away and being there wouldn't help anyhow, but a real hug is always better than a virtual one.  

I'm sure everything will turn out just fine. 

Ok now... where's the long version of this post? :)

1 hour ago, SAT said:

I'm sure everything will turn out just fine. 

Ok now... where's the long version of this post? :)

Normally I truncate my posts but there's been a good many feelings and thoughts, and tears, into this. 

I think when the time comes, I will have home euthanasia for my pets.  I am glad there are people that do that.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

4 hours ago, NikLR said:

Normally I truncate my posts but there's been a good many feelings and thoughts, and tears, into this. 

I think when the time comes, I will have home euthanasia for my pets.  I am glad there are people that do that.

I'm sorry :( I wish critters lived longer than they do.

My MIL dropped her 29-year-old cat off at the vet to euthanize without a backward glance. If I had known, I would have stayed with him. She tried to do the same thing with her elderly lab a few years ago, but I was with her that time, and I stayed with the dog while she sat in the car.  And honked the horn.

I've been at the Vet's quite a lot with our (MIL's) Yorkie the last few months. She had an ear infection which we sorted, and lately, she has had some sort of itchy rash two different lots of antibiotics haven't touched.  They did a culture swab last week, and we wait to hear.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

2 hours ago, cdneh said:

I'm sorry :( I wish critters lived longer than they do.

My MIL dropped her 29-year-old cat off at the vet to euthanize without a backward glance. If I had known, I would have stayed with him. She tried to do the same thing with her elderly lab a few years ago, but I was with her that time, and I stayed with the dog while she sat in the car.  And honked the horn.

I've been at the Vet's quite a lot with our (MIL's) Yorkie the last few months. She had an ear infection which we sorted, and lately, she has had some sort of itchy rash two different lots of antibiotics haven't touched.  They did a culture swab last week, and we wait to hear.

Cultures can take a while.  Did they try her on steroids?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

59 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Cultures can take a while.  Did they try her on steroids?

She was on prednisone during both courses of antibiotics and is on it still.

13 minutes ago, cdneh said:

She was on prednisone during both courses of antibiotics and is on it still.

Is she itchy?  Most of the drs here would do a round of Temril-P since pred is normally a long term drug. I wouldn't use it long term unless there's a different reason for the rash and it's not allergies. 

Nero is on apoquel which is a newer drug used to treat allergies.  A yorkie would do well on cytopoint which is a non-drug used to treat allergies and works really well (and isn't too expensive) in small dogs.  In my large dog it would be much too expensive to use.  They need new injections every 4-8 weeks.   We have a few yorkies on it at work and all tolerate it well. 

Dogs show their allergies in their skin, so they get itchy, rashes, ear infections... 

Edited by NikLR

Oh was she ever itchy. She insists on getting on and off the bed and night, and the constant scratching meant no one got much rest.  I got a bit worried, because she does get the flea and tick stuff, so I was pretty sure that wasn't it. She is about to be 9 years old, and in the 6 years we have had her she has never had anything like this.  I was trying to figure out if there was anything in the yard here she hasn't run into before,  in case she does have an allergy. 

He said it would be about a week or so to get the results back, but I have written those medications names down, thanks so much for that!

no problem.  Just like us they can develop allergies as they get older. :)   Have you changed her food at all recently? Any new treats?

21 minutes ago, NikLR said:

no problem.  Just like us they can develop allergies as they get older. :)   Have you changed her food at all recently? Any new treats?

Nothing has changed at all. She gets the same food as she always has had, the same treats. Her routine has remained exactly the same as well. I found that she used to bug me no end for about half an hour before dinner, so a few years ago, I set an alarm on the phone that barks, and now she's quite happy to wait for that to go off. :D

4 minutes ago, cdneh said:

Nothing has changed at all. She gets the same food as she always has had, the same treats. Her routine has remained exactly the same as well. I found that she used to bug me no end for about half an hour before dinner, so a few years ago, I set an alarm on the phone that barks, and now she's quite happy to wait for that to go off. :D

lmao!!  

Cool then it's likely not food related, but it's possible.  She's technically a senior so could switch to a senior food if you wanted, or stay with all life stages.  Did your vet do some senior bloodwork at all?  Yorkies are amazingly sturdy little things and generally stick around until 15!