TBoneTX

February 2018 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline
1 minute ago, madameMaison said:

Well I'm honestly betting on Mid October, taking into account that the NVC thing could take 2 weeks and then Booking of the medical exam and interview another two weeks. I know I sound like I'm reaching, but honestly I'm hoping it takes a month after approval to get to the US. Which state will you be moving to?

I wish that happens, we will be more organised for our reunion 💑, But apparently the 🙄 NVC says they take up to 6 weeks. I hope it’s not true. 

Ill be be moving to Texas, you ? 

NOA1: 02/26/2018 (old website)

NOA1: 03/01/2018 (new website)

RFE issued 09/19/2018 - waiting for the hard copy 

Finally Recieved a faxed copy of the RFE 10/22/2018 

sent the faxed RFE copy 10/29/2018 

Received a hard copy in the mail 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/06/2018 😃💃💃💃

Received an email from NVC about receiving the case Recently. 11/15/2018

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I texted my fiancé and told him I hope they are being nice to him, so I got a text and he said they are very nice so far. I'll take that as a good sign.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, June1990 said:

I wish that happens, we will be more organised for our reunion 💑, But apparently the 🙄 NVC says they take up to 6 weeks. I hope it’s not true. 

Ill be be moving to Texas, you ? 

Yeesh. 6 weeks is already an arm and a leg of time considering how long we've all waited so far. I'm HOPING not. 

And I'll be moving to Connecticut. I heard the best BBQ's are in Texas, 😂 (saw that on the food channel ) , congratulations. 👌

Timeline
3 minutes ago, madameMaison said:

Fingers crossed my dear. I know you said somewhere that you haven't seen him in almost 2 years? Wowza . The pain of it all, I am hoping things happen speedily for you. I haven't seen my beloved Fiancé since October last year. I am READY to lose my mind, he said if all things fail , I can go and visit in early November or he can come here. We were just trying to avoid spending extra money, when it could just be a one way trip for me there anyway (in the best case scenario)

Yeah haven’t seen him since feb 2017, we both kept on saving and he was saving his hours from work too so as we could finally have a good holiday together after our visa. I don’t have a job now aswell for me to be able to get one of the requirement to show that I’ll only be there for a holiday and that I’ll return back. 

event.png

Timeline
2 minutes ago, madameMaison said:

Yeesh. 6 weeks is already an arm and a leg of time considering how long we've all waited so far. I'm HOPING not. 

And I'll be moving to Connecticut. I heard the best BBQ's are in Texas, 😂 (saw that on the food channel ) , congratulations. 👌

I know, I really don’t know why they take so long. I understand they have a 1000’s of cases but 7 months plus the other extra time 😲.. absolutely RIDICULOUSSSS!!

hahha, they do, my fiancée keeps on sending me snaps of all the different BBQ’s there and massively huge too haha. 

event.png

Timeline
4 minutes ago, June1990 said:

Yeah haven’t seen him since feb 2017, we both kept on saving and he was saving his hours from work too so as we could finally have a good holiday together after our visa. I don’t have a job now aswell for me to be able to get one of the requirement to show that I’ll only be there for a holiday and that I’ll return back. 

Fair enough, however if it's any consolation, my fiancé did call the USCIS with regards to me trying to visit him while not having a job , and the USCIS person said that won't be a major issue and if all things fail, you can always show evidence that you have a K1 visa pending and that you will be returning to finalize the process anyway. It's still evidence of some sort, and a Round trip ticket too.

23 hours ago, Jen&Cal said:

Feels like we are being left behind !! :c

I so agree, to see all these approvals and to not get approved yet has broken my heart.  OMG I am so happy for everyone but feeling so sad about not being approved yet. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, madameMaison said:

Fair enough, however if it's any consolation, my fiancé did call the USCIS with regards to me trying to visit him while not having a job , and the USCIS person said that won't be a major issue and if all things fail, you can always show evidence that you have a K1 visa pending and that you will be returning to finalize the process anyway. It's still evidence of some sort, and a Round trip ticket too.

Aww, maybe we can try that in the end lol but hopefully we get our K1 and start our lives. Everything is pending right now. 

event.png

Timeline
5 minutes ago, etapia said:

I so agree, to see all these approvals and to not get approved yet has broken my heart.  OMG I am so happy for everyone but feeling so sad about not being approved yet. 

I was very calm until all the dates similar to ours and later then ours started getting approved. It does hurt being “probably”last ones lol and not knowing the reason either. 

Perhaps all we can do is keep praying for eachother & just hoping for the best in the coming few hours 🤞 and few days. 

event.png

22 minutes ago, June1990 said:

I was very calm until all the dates similar to ours and later then ours started getting approved. It does hurt being “probably”last ones lol and not knowing the reason either. 

Perhaps all we can do is keep praying for eachother & just hoping for the best in the coming few hours 🤞 and few days. 

So true. I have been strong until this point so why not keep on being stronger and praying that the approvals start to roll in for the rest of us. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, kabney110 said:

I just called and was told that an RFE was being mailed out...I feel sick

Cheer up. It's progress nonetheless. ❤

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
20 minutes ago, kabney110 said:

I just called and was told that an RFE was being mailed out...I feel sick

Look on the bright side. Better then being left in the dark.

Pretty much every rfe I have seen as been simple fix.

Keep eye out on app/old site. Where most people including myself were notified about rfe. Still no up date on new site.

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

OMG... no update on the old or new website, but my fiance told me he got our RFE. I was already thinking we gonna get that, because I knew we didnt submit his criminal records, since the state police didnt send us the backgroundcheck he paid for in november (!).

So he called his courthouse today and we can get atleast that tomorrow, but still need to wait until we hear back from the state police because they want additionally a background check from us too for some reason.

One thing my fiance is wondering about. He got put in juvenile detention with 14, because his mum called the cops when they were arguing and he ran away. He is now 30. Does he need to get something about that too? The problem is this would be like a 4 hour drive just to go to the courthouse there.

Should i make an extra topic for that? Also any tips on submitting the documents they want from the courthouse/policerecord.

Thank you in advance

Also for everyone:

NOA1 old: Feb 9, NOA1 new: Feb 14

RFE on hand: Sep 5

Edited by Toastbear

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.