Greenbaum

September 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,090 posts in this topic

We are still waiting to call the NVC but are we suppose to fill out the DS 160 now? 

Thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

So on Friday  we got our NOA2 in the mail and the date says 9/1/18..... that's a Saturday hahahaha so not entirely sure which date to use.... :P 

02/09/18 - Sent I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox

02/12/18 - USCIS received package

02/15/18 - Notification of NOA1 (Text and Email) NEW DATE

02/20/18-   Check cashed

02/23/18 - Hard copy of NOA1

09/04/18 - NOA2 (I-797 says 9/1/18, which is a Saturday)

09/24/18 - Case at NVC/Case # Received

10/02/18 - Case left NVC

10/04/18 - Embassy Received Case

10/11/18 - Medical Appointment

10/18/18 - Interview Appointment

10/18/18 - We got approved!!!!!!

10/21/18 - Visa on hand

11/02/18 - POE to USA (Orlando Florida)

01/06/19 - WEDDING :D

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
15 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

And question 10 doesn't apply to past tourism visas applied for and denied for my beneficiary at her embassy correct?

It does count. The key word is FILED. Not approved or completed. So has anyone ever FILED for you besides your current petitioner (in this case,  you = beneficiary). If so YES, if not NO. Most answer it NO as they have never had a case FILED for them prior to their current petitioner.

@Greenbaum can you please tell me the whole procees after nvc.. my interview will be in pakistan- Islamabad embassy..

We got our NOA2 in the mailbox 5 days after the approval was sent. There were no website updates and no email updates (even though we signed up to get notifications). Don't expect an update online (in any of the websites)

This wait was so frustrating but we're so glad to be in this gruop now. We got approved after 192 days.

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (POTOMAC SERVICE CENTER)

12/21/2020: Mailed I-751 

12/30/2020: Case received YSC 

2/4/2021: Check cashed 

2/6/2021: NOA1 received 

Can I start working on the DS-160? Don't I need an NVC case number to fill it out?

Also, should I start calling after 10 days of NOA2?

Thanks 

6 hours ago, Amnazaid said:

@Greenbaum can you please tell me the whole procees after nvc.. my interview will be in pakistan- Islamabad embassy..

What is needed for the interview:

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/ISL_Islamabad.pdf

VJ portal for your county's Embassy (information is old but maybe it will be of some use)

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Pakistan&cty=Islamabad

Su-forum for your region. This is the place to ask questions of others who are processing through Pakistan, not here.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/91-asia-south/

If you get a Packet 3 letter or checklist from your Embassy could you send me a copy. I use it to help others. Contact me here on VJ using PM. Thanks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 hour ago, vinnie&andy said:

Can I start working on the DS-160? Don't I need an NVC case number to fill it out?

Also, should I start calling after 10 days of NOA2?

Thanks 

NO case number is not needed for the DS-160 and yes you can fill it out but we recommend not till you have the case number. Keep in mind each Embassy is different so check your Embassy's P3 requirements.

Why are you asking after 10 days. Is there another recommendation your familiar with or maybe confused. That 10 days has been advertised by me whenever that question as been asked. I don't think I am going to give you a different number. Just saying.

After you get your case number from NVC it would be a good idea if you were to connect with the VJ sub forum for all things dealing with the US Embassy in Colombia and they will answer your questions for the processing of your visa from their personal experience. Link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

Get the US Embassy Colombian K-1 Packet 3 (P3) at  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7hB3bl9Snfkb0NiMVFUd2JsVjA/view  as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use the EL as a check list. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview. If it is not on the Embassy letter, it probably is not needed.

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for your country so that you are up to speed.

http://bogota.usembassy.gov/

One last place to check for information would be the VJ Wiki found here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Special:AllPages and here http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Colombia&cty=Bogota

Good luck and God's speed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

8 hours ago, Leah and Matt said:

So on Friday  we got our NOA2 in the mail and the date says 9/1/18..... that's a Saturday hahahaha so not entirely sure which date to use.... :P 

Just use the 9/1. In the grand scheme of things the exact date is not required for anything except the timeline here. If your off a day or two, it's not going to be the end of the world. That's up there with "the old" and "new website" and should I call today or tomorrow to get my case number and what do I do next after getting my case number. It's not a big deal. Oh boy I better stop now. :pop:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

8 hours ago, Jen&Cal said:

We are still waiting to call the NVC but are we suppose to fill out the DS 160 now? 

Thanks 

There is no expiration date but there is a date that it must be completed by and that is the interview. Most Embassy's don't care when it gets done but @Hello729 has just pointed out that her Embassy requires it to be completed as part of the preparation paperwork that is returned to her Embassy. That's what is tricky. If your in a thread like this one, where everyone is from different country's which has different requirements then you could get the wrong answer. So it's best to go to the sub-forum for your country. Go to the top of this page. Choose the "forum" tab and then scroll 3/4 of the way down the page to see country specific sub-forums.

The DS - 160 is a document that stands on it's own. It does not affect anything. It does not need to be finished to do anything else but needs to be completed for the interview and it can be completed between now and the day before your interview. You can't use it to find any information about your case. You can't use if for anything other than for its original intent and that is for the CO to use during your interview to adjudicate your case.

Here is my advice. As a couple you work together answering the questions. Once you are complete and you believe it's ready STOP! Now, each of you look through the copy that is ready to be submitted. Look for blanks or unanswered questions, look for spelling errors and look at dates. Once BOTH are satisfied then the beneficiary is the one to take the oath and submit the document in their country

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

8 hours ago, Glenn&Diana said:

I-134 question...

I've read a lot of people saying to get IRS transcripts and W-2s etc...   But when I read the directions, it says just to get a letter from your bank and a letter from your employer.  Are all the tax forms and W2s necessary?

After reading the following you tell me. :D  BTW you can use the IRS 1040 or the IRS tax trancripts. Either will be excepted. I'd rather send 2 pages (transcripts) then 120 pages of the 1040. What say you? :D

You are required to complete Form I-134. If the income reported on this form or your tax return reflects income below the poverty guidelines for the year the form was submitted, submit evidence of your income. This can include the following documents:

• For those who are employed by an individual or company, submit a photocopy of an employment letter, pay stub, or pay advance (direct-deposit receipt) that meets the criteria below:
    • Includes your name and the company’s name;
    • Is on signed, business letterhead (you cannot sign the letter yourself); and
    • Is issued within the last three months.
  • For those who are self-employed, obtain a photocopy of one of the following:
    • Your business license.
    • A signed letter on business letterhead that was written within in the last three months.
    • A contract between you as an independent contractor and a company.
  • For those who are unemployed or retired, submit a photocopy of ongoing income from other means, such as:
    • retirement benefits;
    • other household members' income; or
    • other significant assets.

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions – English (February 2014)  Page 3 of 9 with original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

14 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

NO case number is not needed for the DS-160 and yes you can fill it out but we recommend not till you have the case number. Keep in mind each Embassy is different so check your Embassy's P3 requirements.

Why are you asking after 10 days. Is there another recommendation your familiar with or maybe confused. That 10 days has been advertised by me whenever that question as been asked. I don't think I am going to give you a different number. Just saying.

After you get your case number from NVC it would be a good idea if you were to connect with the VJ sub forum for all things dealing with the US Embassy in Colombia and they will answer your questions for the processing of your visa from their personal experience. Link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

Get the US Embassy Colombian K-1 Packet 3 (P3) at  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7hB3bl9Snfkb0NiMVFUd2JsVjA/view  as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use the EL as a check list. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview. If it is not on the Embassy letter, it probably is not needed.

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for your country so that you are up to speed.

http://bogota.usembassy.gov/

One last place to check for information would be the VJ Wiki found here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Special:AllPages and here http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Colombia&cty=Bogota

Good luck and God's speed.

Thank you so much for your information.

It is so helpful.

You make this website great and you're such a good human being for helping everyone.

16 minutes ago, vinnie&andy said:

Thank you so much for your information.

It is so helpful.

You make this website great and you're such a good human being for helping everyone.

:thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

4 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

:thumbs:

Do we need to provide bank statements or a letter from the bank?

5 hours ago, vinnie&andy said:

Do we need to provide bank statements or a letter from the bank?

Check your Embassy's P3 letter for instructions. If it's not there it's not needed.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.