Greenbaum

September 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,090 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sept 4 must have been a big approval day, as most of us in here seem to have that as our NOIA2 dates!

For this part of the process, the most important pieces of paper I pushed at my fiance were new letters of intent that he and I signed (with new dates to show that we still intend to marry after making us wait this long lol) and the I-134 form plus supporting documents (which may or may not even be looked at, depending on your embassy, but will definitely be needed later at the AOS stage). 

I also brought him copies of our I-129 packet that we submitted, and I reviewed it with him so he has a clear idea of exactly what we said on the form and what evidence we submitted. Any questions the consul will have will clearly come from our packet so it's best to prepare with it in hand.

***K-1 Visa***

NOA1:         03/01/18 (old site)

03/06/18 (new site)

NOA2:         09/04/18

Interview:   12/27/18

Visa Rcvd:   01/09/19

POE Date:    01/27/19

Married:       02/22/19

***Adjustment of Status***

Sent:             03/07/19

NOA1:           03/15/19

Biometrics:  04/11/19

Ready:           04/24/19

EAD/AP:        08/20/19

Card Rcvd:    08/26/19

***Removal of Conditions***

Sent:             11/17/21

NOA1:           11/20/21

24-month Extension: Received

48-month Extension: Received

Approval:     02/20/24

***Naturalization***

Sent:             10/05/23

NOA1:           10/05/23

Biometrics:  10/25/23

Interview:     02/12/24

Oath:             03/27/24

============================================

Case Status Online: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 hours ago, crono_clone said:

Sept 4 must have been a big approval day, as most of us in here seem to have that as our NOIA2 dates!

For this part of the process, the most important pieces of paper I pushed at my fiance were new letters of intent that he and I signed (with new dates to show that we still intend to marry after making us wait this long lol) and the I-134 form plus supporting documents (which may or may not even be looked at, depending on your embassy, but will definitely be needed later at the AOS stage). 

I also brought him copies of our I-129 packet that we submitted, and I reviewed it with him so he has a clear idea of exactly what we said on the form and what evidence we submitted. Any questions the consul will have will clearly come from our packet so it's best to prepare with it in hand.

Is a new Letter of intent needed? Is yours signed for now or are you going to wait a little and sign it closer to the interview time?

Also, Congrats on the approval.

Timeline
7 hours ago, SAndyyy said:

Oh wow! Did the hard copy have a new number on it different from the USCIS receipt number? I called NVC today because I’m so anxious (even though We were just approved sept. 4 haha) and she said it takes 6 weeks for the USCIS file to get transferred!

I'm not sure actually, I'll ask fiance to have a look today 😊 but as far as I know it should just still have the same WAC number which you'll give to NVC when you call

I think they usually give worse case scenario when you call so try not to get too anxious. I'm visiting my fiance in 2 weeks so we're gonna leave it until then to call NVC so it'll have been almost 3 weeks from our approval. Hopefully they'll have received our case by then and maybe even assigned us our case number 😊🤞

NOA1: February 13th

NOA2: September 4th

NVC case # assigned: September 21st 

Medical @ Knightsbridge: December 5th

Interview: December 17th

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
10 hours ago, SAndyyy said:

Oh wow! Did the hard copy have a new number on it different from the USCIS receipt number? I called NVC today because I’m so anxious (even though We were just approved sept. 4 haha) and she said it takes 6 weeks for the USCIS file to get transferred!

The WAC  number stays the same. And just ignore them saying it can take up to six weeks. They say that every time you call. It took my petition 20 days to get from USCIS to NVS and 1 day to get the NVC case number assigned. I would start calling again on like Sep 18 in your case. 

K1

2018-02-09: I-129F sent

2018-02-15: NOA1

2018-08-16: NOA2

2018-10-11: Interview 

2018-10-19: Visa received

2018-12-06: US entry

2018-12-15: Wedding

AOS/EAD/AP

2019-02-26: Filed

2019-03-05: NOA

2019-06-12: Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751)

Potomac Service Center

2021-05-07: Filed

2021-05-12: NOA

2021-08-26: Biometrics

2023-03-11: 48-month extension letter received

2024-02-07: RFE 

2024-02-14: Response to RFE received

2024-02-15: I-751 approved

Citizenship (N-400)

2024-04-02: Filed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Jack & Samantha said:

Is a new Letter of intent needed? Is yours signed for now or are you going to wait a little and sign it closer to the interview time?

Thank you! One of the guides on VJ mentioned having new letters of intent signed, so I'm not really sure if it's an actual embassy requirement. 

I signed mine already simply because I'm visiting my fiance right now so I wanted to be able to give him an original copy with a wet signature, but I'm sure it's fine even if you wait til closer to the interview. 

***K-1 Visa***

NOA1:         03/01/18 (old site)

03/06/18 (new site)

NOA2:         09/04/18

Interview:   12/27/18

Visa Rcvd:   01/09/19

POE Date:    01/27/19

Married:       02/22/19

***Adjustment of Status***

Sent:             03/07/19

NOA1:           03/15/19

Biometrics:  04/11/19

Ready:           04/24/19

EAD/AP:        08/20/19

Card Rcvd:    08/26/19

***Removal of Conditions***

Sent:             11/17/21

NOA1:           11/20/21

24-month Extension: Received

48-month Extension: Received

Approval:     02/20/24

***Naturalization***

Sent:             10/05/23

NOA1:           10/05/23

Biometrics:  10/25/23

Interview:     02/12/24

Oath:             03/27/24

============================================

Case Status Online: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

20 minutes ago, crono_clone said:

Thank you! One of the guides on VJ mentioned having new letters of intent signed, so I'm not really sure if it's an actual embassy requirement. 

I signed mine already simply because I'm visiting my fiance right now so I wanted to be able to give him an original copy with a wet signature, but I'm sure it's fine even if you wait til closer to the interview. 

Most Embassy's do  not require a new letter of intent. USEM does not require one so your wasting your time. If you are going to be at the interview then that act alone goes along way for evidence of your relationship. All you need for the interview at USEM is contained on their web site here: https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

Why do do when do will do?

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

5 hours ago, Jack & Samantha said:

Like I said to Crono_clone check your Embassy requirements to verify a letter of intent is required. MOST Embassy's don't require it.

P3 instructions for the UK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M92AwztXRnkFw6xwUF0ZlntJ6D4-eK2E/view?usp=sharing

Embassy Page

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/

London Portal here on VJ

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=United Kingdom&cty=London

There are experts over in the sub -forum for your country located here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/ where others from your country are processing or they are there after they have finished with everything and can guide you on their experience. A TON of information and help there.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

15 hours ago, SAndyyy said:

Thanks guys.. this is off topic but immigration related - my fiancé also applied to see me in Canada next month for his birthday as a tourist. I’m going there to see some friends and wanted him to join. Canada rejected his application (with no really sound reason) so we have to wait a while til we see each other. I just hope this part of the process of NVC to interview doesn’t take too long. Does anyone know if getting a rejection from another embassy, aka. Canada, during this k-1 process will look bad in the interview? I just got so worried about it now. 

It's not a good idea during the K-1 process to be also making an application for a tourist visa or for any other type of visa. Of course it's going to be declined as it looks like you could be trying to circumvent the K-1 process. Will it look bad at the interview, it could! Depends on the CO who is adjudicating your case.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

15 hours ago, Ariane1 said:

This is very confusing, I heard it's not even for K1, yet it's what I see when I check my status.

And I can't take any of these steps before I have my Invoice ID Number which I don't have (trying to call and no mail received).

Case # ready - August 28

When you check your status your going to be advised based on an Immigrant visa and not a non-immigrant and here is why: The K-1 process is quite strange. For a time, it is both a non-immigrant and immigrant visa type. That is why the links (what you received in the email) will send you the process for immigrant which would be the I-864 and DS-260 even though it truly is a non-immigrant visa requiring I-134 and the DS-160. As you go through the stages, within the NVC system you look up your file under immigrant (CEAC.gov). It stays that way until after your interview and the approval and your visa is ready for issue. At that point, it changes over to non -immigrant. It truly is a non-immigrant visa with immigrant intent.

Next you can start getting your documents prepared for the interview. Here are some links to help you.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/index.html?firstTime=No

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/ru-iv-typek.asp

Normally I have a P3 from Embassy's but for Russia I don't. If you get a English copy of the P3 from your Embassy would please provide a copy as I use it for those who come behind you. Just PM here on VJ. Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

19 hours ago, WhatAWait! said:

NOA2- in- Can any one please tell me the exact process from here? I see many posts that states need to wait atleast 10 days before calling the NVC for the case number. My question is  while waiting for the next 10 days to call the NVC- What can the petitioner do - What can the beneficiary do? I will really appreciate if some one can kindly provide the step by step- action that the petitioner as well as the beneficiary could do. If it helps- my fiance is from India so she will be interviewed in India. - Thanks in advance to every one who chime in with their advice. 

See next step below. Question? What Embassy will you interview at?

19 hours ago, KeRViv said:

Noa2: 8/27

When should i start calling NVC

First, don't begin calling for 10 business days after you get your text message (NOA2). Second, you will need the Petitioner's and Beneficiaries full name and date of birth.

Call 603-334-0700 or 603-334-0888 Be prepared for a wait. Tell the operator that you are requesting a case number for your K-1. They will ask for the receipt number located on the left top of your I-797 (NOA2) form. Then he/she will either tell you that they have not received your case or you will be asked for the names and date of birth. If they don't have the case, you will be told it can take 30 to 45 days for them to receive it and to wait however many days/weeks and call back. That's a pad answer so ignore it. You can call back the next day or as often as you want. NVC's hours are 7am to 12 am (midnight) eastern time. Monday through Friday except Federal Holidays. Calling early at 7 am on the dot will get you in the fastest or calling late the lines to be open most often.

When you have your case number, enter it here https://ceac.state.g...ker/status.aspx and it will tell you one of three things... At NVC, In Transit, or Ready.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

17 hours ago, SAndyyy said:

Hey guys ... I got my approval via text message on September 4. How long did it take you all to receive a hard copy of the NO2?

2-3 weeks after approval. but please don't wait for the hard copy. Review your P3 letter from your Embassy and see what is need. Best time is now to be working on your interview preparations.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

It's not a good idea during the K-1 process to be also making an application for a tourist visa or for any other type of visa. Of course it's going to be declined as it looks like you could be trying to circumvent the K-1 process. Will it look bad at the interview, it could! Depends on the CO who is adjudicating your case.

Yeah well he applied for 3 different visas during this process and was approved ... one was in europe! they were all to see me and just strengthens our case that we were tying to see each other. It’s difficult for me to go to Ghana a lot to see him- I’ve been there more than 5 times and get sick each time. He’s also had malaria twice since then and we have been trying to see each other in other countries since I know coming to the US will not be an option. Anyway all I can do is hope for the best now.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, SAndyyy said:

Yeah well he applied for 3 different visas during this process and was approved ... one was in europe! they were all to see me and just strengthens our case that we were tying to see each other. It’s difficult for me to go to Ghana a lot to see him- I’ve been there more than 5 times and get sick each time. He’s also had malaria twice since then and we have been trying to see each other in other countries since I know coming to the US will not be an option. Anyway all I can do is hope for the best now.

My fiancé has and is currently visiting me in the states. She hasn't had one issue entering either. We are still awaiting our noa2 but, have received a rfe last week. It's not impossible to visit while going thru this process. 

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
6 minutes ago, BJ & Christine said:

My fiancé has and is currently visiting me in the states. She hasn't had one issue entering either. We are still awaiting our noa2 but, have received a rfe last week. It's not impossible to visit while going thru this process. 

Where is your fiancé from? Mine is from Ghana and they practically need a visa to go everywhere. Particularly  West Africa has an extremely high rejection rate to come into the US as of late. Many West Africans are routinely rejected even to come and visit their spouses. It’s not easy. 

14 minutes ago, SAndyyy said:

I wasn't specific enough with my post. My fault. My intent was to comment on a visa to the USA not to other countries. I have no knowledge for other countries and wouldn't attempt to console someone on what other Embassy's and other Country's do. Now a USC traveling is not a problem but the beneficiary trying to get a visa to USA while applying for a K-1 is different. Now if they have a student or tourist visa they can still use it to travel to the US. Thanks for helping me understand  what you were able to do with your visitation.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.