Greenbaum

September 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,090 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Claudia Flores said:

Hey guys I have a question.. once I have my my case number from NVC and invoice number what am I able to do next? Because the lady from NVC said to wait until I receive emails...? Is that right?

Here is "to do next" information.

P3 Letter

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cBWgGJr4a5ay3b4OV28_dC3pgf63ZUr-/view?usp=sharing

Keep in mind that a forum like this one is for initial bonding with others who are along the same timeline as you for initial processing. The initial application is the same no matter where in the world you are. But, having said that, once you get your approval (NOA2 text message or email), you should also check in with your country's sub-forum to get a better understanding of the process for the Embassy that you will be interviewing with, and to get direct answers from those who have completed the steps you are about to at the US Embassy - Juarez Mexico.

Link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

Get the Juarez K1 Embassy instructions at http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ%20-%20Ciudad%20Juarez.pdf (Spanish) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cBWgGJr4a5ay3b4OV28_dC3pgf63ZUr-/view?usp=sharing (English) as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use the this website as a check list. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview.

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for you country so that you are up to speed.

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-Mx/iv

One last place to check for information would be the VJ Wiki found here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Special:AllPages

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

8 hours ago, lil.han said:

how do you track if it is in transit... etc?

As a K1, when checking your case online at CEAC (ceac.state.gov) you have to select "immigrant visa" as it is treated like as such even though it is a "non-immigrant visa".

Technically the K-1 is a non-immigrant visa but it is treated like an immigrant visa because of the AOS. It is kind of a ba$tard. Non-immigrant treated like an immigrant. Other non-immigrant visas do not usually end up with green cards!  The K-1 on its own is a single entry, short time limit visa that expires 90 days after POE. That is why it is a non-immigrant visa treated like an immigrant visa. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

8 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Why is he completing the I-864 when in fact he only needs to complete the I-134 form? Just curious. :D

He is filing CR1 visa. We are married :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello everyone,

can I ask a question regarding the I-134?

So my fiancé is filling it and we have two doubts:

- on part 3, question 8b does he have to put any debt he has or only one related to real estates? he does have a student debt. That's it. No real estate or debt/mortgage related to it.

- on part 3, question 29, the date of filing is the NOA1 date?

I bet those two questions have been answered already in some other forum, but I looked and I couldn't find. I would be grateful is someone will clarify. Thank you

3 minutes ago, Erza said:

He is filing CR1 visa. We are married :)

You're correct. Since this thread are mostly K-1's I made the assumption you were a K-1. Sorry.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

2 minutes ago, Gamisha said:

Hello everyone,

can I ask a question regarding the I-134?

So my fiancé is filling it and we have two doubts:

- on part 3, question 8b does he have to put any debt he has or only one related to real estates? he does have a student debt. That's it. No real estate or debt/mortgage related to it.

Questions 8 and 9 are under "Real Estate Information" and question 8.b. refers to debts related to real estate. If you do not own real estate, input "none" in fields requiring $ amounts, per the I-134 instructions

- on part 3, question 29, the date of filing is the NOA1 date?

YES

2 minutes ago, Gamisha said:

I bet those two questions have been answered already in some other forum, but I looked and I couldn't find. I would be grateful is someone will clarify. Thank you. That bet will always pay off!!! :jest:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 hours ago, HamoAus said:

My USC Fiancee is ready to post me her signed i-134, but she's a little unsure about what other docs she needs to post with it. :wacko:

Is it just her last W2 and her previous three pay stubs that she needs to send with the i-134 to me, or does she also have to get a account statement from her bank?

Just wondering if its a problem to Email all those documents rather than use the post 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Jeffreyyu said:

Just wondering if its a problem to Email all those documents rather than use the post 

Yes u can email them.

all that's need in original form is passport, birth certificate. Might be one other thing can't recall off top of my head

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Leah and Matt said:

Case Status: Ready!!!!! Woohoo Only two days since NVC sent it out! My fiancé and I are so flippin excited!!

Wooho Congrats!! I was wondering if anyone on here has had the status update to "Ready." I was hoping ours could be ready since Monday is a US holiday at the embassy and we would have to wait another few days just to schedule everything.

K1 Timeline

01/10/2018: I-129 Filed from Raleigh, NC

02/20/2018: I-129F NOA1

09/05/2018: I-129F NOA2 (Finally 😍)

02/24/2018: NVC Received, Case & Invoice # assigned

10/02/2018: Case in Transit

10/11/2018: Beirut Embassy Received (case READY)

10/24/2018: Interview (Approved!)

10/26/2018: Visa in Hand! 🙌

11/01/2018: POE (Washington, DC) ✈️

11/28/2018: Court Marriage 👩‍⚖️

12/01/2018: Wedding! 👰❤️🤵

AOS Timeline

12/26/2018: Filed for AOS at Raleigh, NC 

01/02/2019: Fingerprint Fee Received

01/30/2019: Biometrics Apt/Fingerprints done

04/05/2019: Interview Ready to Be Scheduled for I-485 😬

04/12/2019: Interview is Scheduled 

05/17/2019: Interview

05/17/2019: New Card being Produced :dance:

My fiancé in America rang up yesterday and recieved case number, booked medical this morning for November 14th due to work commitments inbetween. Case status says at NVC 👍🏻

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Leah and Matt said:

Case Status: Ready!!!!! Woohoo Only two days since NVC sent it out! My fiancé and I are so flippin excited!!

We also got a “Ready” today when I checked our status. Only took 2 days for us as well. 

2 hours ago, Jeffreyyu said:

This what is needed but always check your P3 for other documents. I134 needs to be original with wet signature everything else can be copies emailed and printed in your country.

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions – English (February 2014)  Page 3 of 9 with original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

34 minutes ago, Becksnjessie said:

My fiancé in America rang up yesterday and recieved case number, booked medical this morning for November 14th due to work commitments inbetween. Case status says at NVC 👍🏻

Nice!! We have the same NOA2 date! Although I received an email from them that they haven't received our case.

Does anyone know if this also confirms that they have our email and they will update us once they have our case?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.