AnselyGierel

Help simplifying the Proof of Relationship for Packet

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I am trying to finish my I-29F packet to send to Texas. I am now working on the proof of relationship. I know I must include phone call logs, chats, video chat pics, and other communication. But I have known my fiance for 9 years. It is a lot of data facebook messenger, facebook pages, whatsapp chats (us, my daugheter, my friends,and my parents), hangout chats, instagram, and pictures and all in Spanish. 

1. How do I make this simpler for myself?

2. What is really necessary for me to include? I am up to 32 pages and I am only in year 2016. HELP???

3. Should I just include the last two years only? I just wanted to prove we know each other 9 years as well.

4.. Do I need to translate everything?

Please, what do I do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Save all that extra evidence for the day of the interview. USCIS stage is trying to make sure that you met your significant other within the past 2 years and a few photos showing an actual relationship. Stick to the most recent (don’t go past 2016) and most vital information. Things to include are travel/hotel receipts, pictures, any divorce decrees from previous marriages etc. Front loading information just gives the person working your case more work to do.

Yes, for USCIS stage if it’s not in English you must translate it. Make sure you still provide a copy of the original document. You can state that you were together for 9 years in the “how you met” section. Again do not write a long story about your 9 years together. They just want to know the circumstances of how you both got aquatinted and you can throw the 9 years in there somewhere.

P.S. You can put a few chat logs in there but no more than a few pages and make sure it’s PG. If it’s in another language, translate it.

Edited by gsdc23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

All unnecessary. A couple of pictures and passport stamps, hotel receipts, credit card statements showing purchases in beneficiary’s country. Maybe phone logs. That is all you need. Chat transcripts and all that are all secondary evidence USCIS cares nothing about.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I didn’t even include conversations in my I-129F and we got approved just fine! Just a few things are fine, don’t try to overdo it! :) 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

32 pages is excessive and you're overthinking it.Would definitely recommend getting it down to a lesser number by concentrating on just a few pages of photos. The photos will make it easier as you won't have to worry about translating anything on them. 

Anything written in spanish will have to be translated. 

The only thing required for the I-129F is proof that you have met in the last 2 years. Plane tickets, hotel reservations, credit card statements showing you were in the same town, things like that.

Nothing else is needed until the interview.

You -can- front load it, but it's not necessary.

We wrote a statement that listed all times my husband (fiance at the time) came down and visited, how long he was here and where he stayed. 

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

they want proof of having met within the last two years.

send THAT.

other stuff can be gathered and taken for the interview and then AOS later (just keep adding to it and get on legal/financial docs together)

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Chat logs aren't required as they don't prove anything really. Boarding passes and passport stamps are much more important.

1. Letter of intent

2. Passport stamps

3. Boarding passes

4. Six(ish) pictures with the date and location on them of both of you

That's really about all you need. 32 pages of 'proof' would likely not make things go faster :)

Timeline
7 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

they want proof of having met within the last two years.

send THAT.

other stuff can be gathered and taken for the interview and then AOS later (just keep adding to it and get on legal/financial docs together)

Which legal/financial docs. I am sending my divorce papers. I have my w2 and the financial form needed to show I can sponsor. Is there something else?

Timeline

Thank you all so much for everything and answering my question. I feel much better now.

Btw my fiance lives in Ecuador but he is Venezuelan. I am going to send a copy of his Ecuador Resident Visa and his Ecuadorian ID. That would work for him to have his interview at the Ecuador US Embassy, right? 

Thank you again for your help and support.

Timeline
20 hours ago, gsdc23 said:

Save all that extra evidence for the day of the interview. USCIS stage is trying to make sure that you met your significant other within the past 2 years and a few photos showing an actual relationship. Stick to the most recent (don’t go past 2016) and most vital information. Things to include are travel/hotel receipts, pictures, any divorce decrees from previous marriages etc. Front loading information just gives the person working your case more work to do.

Yes, for USCIS stage if it’s not in English you must translate it. Make sure you still provide a copy of the original document. You can state that you were together for 9 years in the “how you met” section. Again do not write a long story about your 9 years together. They just want to know the circumstances of how you both got aquatinted and you can throw the 9 years in there somewhere.

P.S. You can put a few chat logs in there but no more than a few pages and make sure it’s PG. If it’s in another language, translate it.

Thank you so much!

I already had made a meeting in person with pictures, receipts, and plane tickets. I also included pictures of our video chats. Thank the Lord, that means I am done.

He sent me the letter of intent signed, but it's dated July 30th, if I send the packet tomorrow will the letter be fine? Or is it too old?

Btw do I have to be present at the interview, since he is the one living in Ecuador and I am requesting for?

Thanks again!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, AnselyGierel said:

Thank you so much!

I already had made a meeting in person with pictures, receipts, and plane tickets. I also included pictures of our video chats. Thank the Lord, that means I am done.

He sent me the letter of intent signed, but it's dated July 30th, if I send the packet tomorrow will the letter be fine? Or is it too old?

Btw do I have to be present at the interview, since he is the one living in Ecuador and I am requesting for?

Thanks again!

No problem.

July 30th is fine, it’s not that long ago at all. With my letter of intent where I placed the “Date:...” section, I left it blank and manually wrote the date when I was ready to send it in, but you should be fine.

All embassy’s are different. Go to your embassies portal on the VJ site and check the consulate and embassy section and it will tell you if it allows the petitioner to be apart of the interview. My embassy (Haiti) doesn’t allow it anymore, they only interview my fiancé (the beneficiary) but a lot of people go for moral support and wait outside. 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, gsdc23 said:

No problem.

July 30th is fine, it’s not that long ago at all. With my letter of intent where I placed the “Date:...” section, I left it blank and manually wrote the date when I was ready to send it in, but you should be fine.

All embassy’s are different. Go to your embassies portal on the VJ site and check the consulate and embassy section and it will tell you if it allows the petitioner to be apart of the interview. My embassy (Haiti) doesn’t allow it anymore, they only interview my fiancé (the beneficiary) but a lot of people go for moral support and wait outside. 

Where do I find that on the page? What do I look for?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, AnselyGierel said:

Where do I find that on the page? What do I look for?

Go to your settings on the right hand corner, hit “Portals” and select your country that you’re petitioning in. Once you do that, it’ll show you other people posting that has spouses/fiance(e)’s in Ecuador and you’ll see options to read embassy reviews and see what’s necessary for your embassy. I provided you with a picture of where to find “portals”.

CFC66C41-D57A-47C7-A765-FC3ECF86A1FF.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.