T_P

AOS AUGUST 2018 FILERS FROM K-1 [merged threads]

1,330 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 minutes ago, ababsurd said:

Have you guys included any proof of bona fide relationship in your packets? I understand it's not a requirement, but I figured it wouldn't hurt. I enclosed two photos from our marriage and a copy of our most recent utility bill (addressed to both).

Didn't include in mine since we filed a few weeks after marriage and we didn't want to wait another billing cycle to have both our names on the bill first
I know many who didn't as well since that's proof you typically bring to interview. 
but yes, you are right- proof won't hurt in this case. 

29 minutes ago, ababsurd said:

Have you guys included any proof of bona fide relationship in your packets? I understand it's not a requirement, but I figured it wouldn't hurt. I enclosed two photos from our marriage and a copy of our most recent utility bill (addressed to both).

No, I'm not enclosing any proof of ongoing marriage.

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi. May filer here. Thought I pop in and see if I can help.

One more thing you should add to your packages is a cover letter for the entire package and also a list of the attached documents for each form. Also, make sure you separate each application. Your EAD will stay at NBC, but your AOS package will go to your local office. Any questions, feel free to ask. I will try my best to answer them.

Good luck!

10 minutes ago, DownToEarth said:

Hi. May filer here. Thought I pop in and see if I can help.

One more thing you should add to your packages is a cover letter for the entire package and also a list of the attached documents for each form. Also, make sure you separate each application. Your EAD will stay at NBC, but your AOS package will go to your local office. Any questions, feel free to ask. I will try my best to answer them.

Good luck!

i'm using the pendaflex file folder for each forms so each for with it proofs in the same file folder  how's that sound. any advice is welcome thx

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
2 minutes ago, jean baptiste said:

i'm using the pendaflex file folder for each forms so each for with it proofs in the same file folder  how's that sound. any advice is welcome thx

USCIS will disregard the file folder. Here are some links I followed.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms-filing-tips

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello everyone! Technically I'm not an August filer yet...hoping to be! But I have a HUGE doubt maybe some of you could help me out with. 

I asked this question in a different thread and got a few answers, but the others who chimed in told me to double and triple check, so I will.

My husband does not have a complete ds-3025 and needs a vaccine to have those records up to date, but the civil surgeons in my area insist on doing the complete medical (even though it's not necesarry). We won't have insurance until Sept so getting the extra tests will be a fortune. In the other thread I was advised to send the AOS packet without I-693 to begin the process and will receive a reminder with NOA 1 to bring updated records to the interview. Anyone know anything about this?

Any responses are appreciated! Thanks!

2 minutes ago, D&Jmora said:

Hello everyone! Technically I'm not an August filer yet...hoping to be! But I have a HUGE doubt maybe some of you could help me out with. 

I asked this question in a different thread and got a few answers, but the others who chimed in told me to double and triple check, so I will.

My husband does not have a complete ds-3025 and needs a vaccine to have those records up to date, but the civil surgeons in my area insist on doing the complete medical (even though it's not necesarry). We won't have insurance until Sept so getting the extra tests will be a fortune. In the other thread I was advised to send the AOS packet without I-693 to begin the process and will receive a reminder with NOA 1 to bring updated records to the interview. Anyone know anything about this?

I would send in the DS-3025 that your husband received during his medical to show that he did have a full and completed medical exam. When you received your interview letter, it will list all that is required for you to bring with you to the interview which then be the I-693 from the civil surgeon with the update vaccinations required by the US.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

13 minutes ago, D&Jmora said:

which area are you in please

16 minutes ago, D&Jmora said:

since i don't have any 3025 forms, i have look around and found a USCIS certified civil surgeon hey it wasn't easy because they'll be asking you to take another medical so i was calling until  i get to find someone who undersand that i already have an medical and she accepted to review my medical record and now she just request the TB test because it's over 30 days now since my primary medical exam and she requested the other dose of the immunizations. she is now going ti sealed the for in an envelope and mailed it to me so i can send it with all the rest

Timeline
11 minutes ago, jean baptiste said:

which area are you in please

Buffalo, NY...and yeah the same is happening here! I think I may just wait until September when my insurance kicks in...we will lose a month but also be sure that everything is completely done. What do you think?

Timeline
18 minutes ago, jean baptiste said:

since i don't have any 3025 forms, i have look around and found a USCIS certified civil surgeon hey it wasn't easy because they'll be asking you to take another medical so i was calling until  i get to find someone who undersand that i already have an medical and she accepted to review my medical record and now she just request the TB test because it's over 30 days now since my primary medical exam and she requested the other dose of the immunizations. she is now going ti sealed the for in an envelope and mailed it to me so i can send it with all the rest

How much did she charge you???

6 minutes ago, D&Jmora said:

Buffalo, NY...and yeah the same is happening here! I think I may just wait until September when my insurance kicks in...we will lose a month but also be sure that everything is completely done. What do you think?

hummmm it's going to be one more month for you then.

before i arrived here i the US my wife have tried to put me on her insurance since she is working in an university hospital as physician but it wasn't valid until we got married and even for my extra vaccine we pay out of pocket before running after the human resources there at work to complete the insurance stuff thankfully we got to be paid back for all the expenses. can you ask them at your insurance if you can be rembursed for the expenses once it kicked in ?

Just now, Joselio said:

How much did she charge you???

$200 for her visit and $28 for the blood for the TB test

15 minutes ago, D&Jmora said:

1 minute ago, jean baptiste said:

hummmm it's going to be one more month for you then.

before i arrived here i the US my wife have tried to put me on her insurance since she is working in an university hospital as physician but it wasn't valid until we got married and even for my extra vaccine we pay out of pocket before running after the human resources there at work to complete the insurance stuff thankfully we got to be paid back for all the expenses. can you ask them at your insurance if you can be rembursed for the expenses once it kicked in ?

I was able to add my husband as soon as we got married and my insurance retro his coverage starting the date of our marriage which was July 22nd. He was added on July 25th. Since it is a life event, most employers allow you to add your spouse and child as soon as the life event takes effect. All I had to do was submit a copy of our marriage license and that's it. His insurance cards came in the mail on Monday.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

I was able to add my husband as soon as we got married and my insurance retro his coverage starting the date of our marriage which was July 22nd. He was added on July 25th. Since it is a life event, most employers allow you to add your spouse and child as soon as the life event takes effect. All I had to do was submit a copy of our marriage license and that's it. His insurance cards came in the mail on Monday.

Our problem is that I dont have insurance until Sept either... we were living together in Colombia so I just got back the the US too. It's been rough getting reestablished even for me haha...I feel like an immigrant too! I think I'll feel more comfortable waiting until Sept...but his I-94 expires on sept 11th, although that doesn't matter, right?

4 minutes ago, D&Jmora said:

Our problem is that I dont have insurance until Sept either... we were living together in Colombia so I just got back the the US too. It's been rough getting reestablished even for me haha...I feel like an immigrant too! I think I'll feel more comfortable waiting until Sept...but his I-94 expires on sept 11th, although that doesn't matter, right?

As long as you file his AOS before your I-94 expires, you're fine. After his expiration date and with no AOS pending, he will start to accrue out of status time which counts later if he chooses to become a US Citizen in 3 years.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.