T_P

AOS AUGUST 2018 FILERS FROM K-1 [merged threads]

1,330 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, emekus94 said:

It's normal
If you have tracker on it that shows it was delivered, then you got nothing to worry about
The range these days seem to be from 1 week to 4 weeks for NOA1 notifications

Really up to 4weeks? Whewww just a bit worried cause my i-94 is already expired

Applied for AOS/EAD/AP : August 7, 2018 (via USPS)

USCIS Chicago received the package: August 9, 2018

NOA1:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, dynesyzygy24 said:

Yea
USCIS is all over the place.
Well I think you'll be getting it soon so it's gonna be okay

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 8/25/2018 at 6:35 PM, MeliiGo said:

I knew it! its so nice to know someone thats going to the same process!! ❤️

I remember you guys!!!!!!!

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 8/24/2018 at 3:28 PM, MariaUSA90 said:

hey just noticed that we have the biometrics appointment on the same day.. are you joining your husband for the appointment? 

I am!!

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

2 minutes ago, Unshakable Faith said:

I remember you guys!!!!!!!

I remember you too!! Glad to see everything finally worked out for you two!!! Here we go on to the next journey of this process. 

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Biometrics done this morning! In and out. Super quick and amazing service. 

Facebook group: K-1 Visa Italia 

April 10 2018 US ENTRY (K-1 Visa) 

August 27 2019 GREEN CARD ISSUED

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
21 hours ago, dynesyzygy24 said:

Yeah 3 days after sending it... and its been 2weeks last thursday since they’d recieve it. I just checked it there’s none 😟

Don't worry. It took me 3 weeks as well. One thing you can do is to check if they cashed in the money for the fees.

As for proof that I did send the paperwork, I used to carry the receipt with the tracking number from the post office (just in case someone asked, but they never did). I also called USCIS and asked what should I do bc my I-94 was about to expire and I didn't have my NOA-1. Luckily for me, when I called they gave me my WSC numbers.

Good luck, and prepare for the long wait.

Edited by DownToEarth

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey everyone! :)

Officially an August filer. We submitted my paperwork on August 20. I just got the text and email notification for all 3 papers last night, August 28.

Will wait for the NOA 1 in the mail and hopefully the biometrics appointment letter soon.

My I-94 expired and i didn't get my SS number. :( I applied in June and since my name wasn't matching their system, USCIS had to do manual verification which took them forever. Now the local SS office can no longer process my number since my I-94 expired. Boo. Can't get a credit card and local id until i officially get my EAD. So yeah hoping for a fast process for that. 

17 hours ago, Oksmanoks said:

Hey everyone! :)

Officially an August filer. We submitted my paperwork on August 20. I just got the text and email notification for all 3 papers last night, August 28.

Will wait for the NOA 1 in the mail and hopefully the biometrics appointment letter soon.

My I-94 expired and i didn't get my SS number. :( I applied in June and since my name wasn't matching their system, USCIS had to do manual verification which took them forever. Now the local SS office can no longer process my number since my I-94 expired. Boo. Can't get a credit card and local id until i officially get my EAD. So yeah hoping for a fast process for that. 

glad for you but how's this possible i send my paperwork before you and the USPS tracking shows that it was delivered on august 21 and at this point any notification yet nor mail. anyway happy for you

On 8/27/2018 at 1:23 PM, dynesyzygy24 said:

i fell you my friend this is going to get us crazy again .i' just one week and more waiting now and i'm noticing that people who send paperwork after mine was delivered are receiving the first notice

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, jean baptiste said:

glad for you but how's this possible i send my paperwork before you and the USPS tracking shows that it was delivered on august 21 and at this point any notification yet nor mail. anyway happy for you

Hi there.

I'm not sure. We all know USCIS process paperwork differently. I'm sure @Trinab80 will attest to that. They waited forever for their NOA 2 from their K1 and yet they're now here applying for their AOS. ;) We just really need to be more patient with this. At least you're now with your loved one and you can do a lot of fun things together while waiting for your paperwork. :) 

Hang in there. Something will come up soon. 🤗

2 minutes ago, MeliiGo said:

Hi guys!!! 

I sent my documentation Aug 21. It was received Aug 24. And just yesterday the check was cashed!!

Still no email nothing else. 

Should I worry? 

You will get your emails/texts most likely around midnight tonight. My check was cashed on the 16th and around 12:30 am EST I received 3 texts and emails with 3 different case #s for the I-485 , I-765, and I-131.

If they cashed your check, they accepted your case!

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

6 hours ago, jean baptiste said:

It will take a week for the date they received for you to get your emails/text notifications. If you used a personal check, you should be paying attention to when the check is cashed/funds leave your account, as that is the first confirmation your case has been accepted. Keep in mind, when we mail off our petitions, they are sent to a lockbox and USCIS receives a huge stack every single day. Your package has to be sorted out, checked thoroughly to make sure all docs are signed and scanned before you receive any notification. So now is not the time to panic or worry. Most likely, you should see your check cashed by the end of this week and possibly received notification by tomorrow or Tuesday as Monday is a holiday!

13 minutes ago, Oksmanoks said:

Hi there.

I'm not sure. We all know USCIS process paperwork differently. I'm sure @Trinab80 will attest to that. They waited forever for their NOA 2 from their K1 and yet they're now here applying for their AOS. ;) We just really need to be more patient with this. At least you're now with your loved one and you can do a lot of fun things together while waiting for your paperwork. :) 

Hang in there. Something will come up soon. 🤗

Yes, I sure did wait FOREVER for our NOA2 (a little over 10 months..smh). But you are right, this process is gonna be different because at least we are all with our significant others during this part of the process.

FYI....if there is ONE VALUEABLE LESSON that I learned, is that USCIS does NOT go in chronological order as they say and each case is touched/worked according to the pace of that particular case adjudicator. Try your best to not gage, judge, and compare your case with the movement and status of someone else's case - it will only drive you insane and put you on an emotional rollercoaster...TRUST ME ON THIS!!!! It took my husband and over a year from our filing date to be together (see timeline below). The name of this game is PATIENCE!!! I know..easier said than done...but with us doing this together, we should be able to make it through the AOS process a lot better than we did the K1.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.