K & Gu

Interview cancelled with no reasoning

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey all! I know that every case is different but I thought I would ask this anyway.

Today my fiance received an email saying that our scheduled appointment was cancelled for our  K1 interview at the US Embassy in Rio de Janeiro. The email said to go to the website that he scheduled it on for more information and rescheduling.

We looked at the website and the appointment has disappeared in general. 

Anyone have any idea why that might have happened? We have clean backgrounds so I doubt it's anything to do with security.

We also don't know if it's fee related or not - every time we try to pay fees online we are not able to. We got an invoice number from the NVC forever ago but we have never been able to pay it through the CEAC pay fees option.

On the CEAC website it shows our case as last updated today.

We already have his airfare and hotel booked for his flight to the Embassy in Rio so we are just trying to figure out what we can do. We emailed the Embassy but unfortunately it is Friday so all we can do is wait. It's all very vague. It's pretty rough figuring out what to do with literally no information about why it was cancelled as our interview is supposed to be on August 14th.

Thank you for any guidance.

Capture.PNG

Edited by K & Gu
specifying that flight is to Rio, not USA
I-129F Sent: 11/03/2017
I-129F NOA1: 11/07/2017
I-129F NOA2: 05/23/2018 
NVC Received: 06/13/2018
NVC Left: 06/26/2018 
Consulate Ready: 07/02/2018
Interview Date:

08/28/2018

Interview Result:

Approved

US Entry: 09/17/2018
Marriage: 10/07/2018
AOS/EAD Filing Date: 12/10/2018

em-portugues-header-3.png.033b99805989546cea1c31d76bc2cd29.pngfood.png.ced721816070c6e2285076e64a68af37.png

Timeline
3 minutes ago, H&T said:

Just try to contact the Embassy. This is one of the reason why we should not booking an airfare until visa in hand. Hope you got the answer from Embassy next week.

It's just airfare to Rio, not the trip to America :) We thankfully know not to rush that. Thanks for the response.

Edited by K & Gu
Interview Date:

08/28/2018

Interview Result:

Approved

em-portugues-header-3.png.033b99805989546cea1c31d76bc2cd29.pngfood.png.ced721816070c6e2285076e64a68af37.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
43 minutes ago, K & Gu said:

It's just airfare to Rio, not the trip to America :) We thankfully know not to rush that. Thanks for the response.

Hi there!

That is very strange. When you said, "I can't pay any fees online", you mean you were not able to pay for the USD 265 that needs to be paid at the time of schedulling? Did you ever get an email from the CSRA confirming your payment was successful?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Nat&Amy said:

Hi there!

That is very strange. When you said, "I can't pay any fees online", you mean you were not able to pay for the USD 265 that needs to be paid at the time of schedulling? Did you ever get an email from the CSRA confirming your payment was successful?

Hi!

We were never even given an option to even pay it. We were able to schedule it but we were never directed as to where to pay it.

It also said online that anything unpaid would just be taken at the Embassy. We got a confirmation email about the appointment and the Embassy had previously confirmed it. We have our doctors appointments and everything set up. Everytime we asked about fees we were given a runaround.

Did you pay your MRV fee via CSRA?

Edited by K & Gu
Interview Date:

08/28/2018

Interview Result:

Approved

Timeline
1 minute ago, K & Gu said:

Hi!

We were never even given an option to even pay it. We were able to schedule it but we were never directed as to where to pay it.

It also said online that anything unpaid would just be taken at the Embassy. We got a confirmation email about the appointment and the Embassy had previously confirmed it. We have our doctors appointments and everything set up. Everytime we asked about fees we were given a runaround.

Did you pay your MRV fee via CSRA?

I imagine that might have been the problem then. Surely the Embassy will send you a response, could you please share when they do?

I followed the following steps provided by the Consulate:

Access ais.usvisa-info.com and create an account

(Remember you need to be on the "green page" for immigrant visas - that's where you schedule the K1 interviews)

Enter your case number and DS 160 number

Choose where you want to receive/pick up visa

Proceeed to payment screen (choose credit card for immediate access to booking system)

Choose date

Save and print confirmation page of your appointment.

You will receive two emails - one confirming the payment, the other with the appointment details.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Nat&Amy said:

I imagine that might have been the problem then. Surely the Embassy will send you a response, could you please share when they do?

I followed the following steps provided by the Consulate:

Access ais.usvisa-info.com and create an account

(Remember you need to be on the "green page" for immigrant visas - that's where you schedule the K1 interviews)

Enter your case number and DS 160 number

Choose where you want to receive/pick up visa

Proceeed to payment screen (choose credit card for immediate access to booking system)

Choose date

Save and print confirmation page of your appointment.

You will receive two emails - one confirming the payment, the other with the appointment details.

That's the thing - we are under the immigrant visa section and the option was never given to us. We chose where we wanted to pick it up and the date. 

We've literally never had an option to pay...

It essentially skipped right over it.

Interview Date:

08/28/2018

Interview Result:

Approved

Timeline
12 minutes ago, K & Gu said:

That's the thing - we are under the immigrant visa section and the option was never given to us. We chose where we wanted to pick it up and the date. 

:o:o

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I can't even think of a plausible explanation for that. And you said the Consulate had confirmed your appointment? Did that email come from the CSRA or the Embassy itself? When the Consulate contacted you, did they already assign you an interview date?

Just trying to figure out what might be the issue.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Nat&Amy said:

:o:o

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I can't even think of a plausible explanation for that. And you said the Consulate had confirmed your appointment? Did that email come from the CSRA or the Embassy itself? When the Consulate contacted you, did they already assign you an interview date?

Just trying to figure out what might be the issue.

Yeah, they confirmed everything as we had previously asked them other questions. We had to have all of that information to schedule the doctors visits, etc.

The scheduling place/CSRA is where we got the confirmation email with our interview date. :(  Immigrant visa.

It's just really confusing. We went ahead and went online to reschedule but considering everything is already booked online we are hoping they can fix everything Monday and we can have the actual date we already had. I'm trying to stay patient but it's getting really rough.

When he rescheduled it online it did the same thing and didn't let us pay.

I'm at a loss and I'm sure that only the Embassy can figure it out - go figure the CEAC would be down this weekend as well.

Interview Date:

08/28/2018

Interview Result:

Approved

Timeline
2 minutes ago, K & Gu said:

Yeah, they confirmed everything as we had previously asked them other questions. We had to have all of that information to schedule the doctors visits, etc.

The scheduling place/CSRA is where we got the confirmation email with our interview date. :(  Immigrant visa.

It's just really confusing. We went ahead and went online to reschedule but considering everything is already booked online we are hoping they can fix everything Monday and we can have the actual date we already had. I'm trying to stay patient but it's getting really rough.

When he rescheduled it online it did the same thing and didn't let us pay.

I'm at a loss and I'm sure that only the Embassy can figure it out - go figure the CEAC would be down this weekend as well.

Hopefully on Monday they will get back to you and sort it all out.

Heaven knows this process takes long enough without such surprises. I wish you luck! Please come back and let us know how it all went! :) 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

So there is quite a few things weird in your case. First of all there is going to have a fee to be paid before you schedule the interview and all the instructions will be sent to your fiancee.  The thread below has everything broken down so take some time and read it, please look at my comment below.

Basically from a Brazilian Beneficiary stand point there are a few things once your petition is approved. He (in most cases) will receive the email below

**********************************************************************************************************************************

1. National Visa Center -> Send an email to the petitioner with the following detaill

EMAIL BODY

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXX,
The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiance(e)'s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy in RIO DE JANEIRO, BRZL. The U.S. Embassy will contact your fiance(e) when they are ready to schedule a visa interview.
In the meantime, please have your fiance(e) and his or her children visit http://ceac.state.gov and complete Form DS-160, the online nonimmigrant visa application that is used for a K visa.
Please keep the following information for your records:
NVC Case Number:    RDJXXXXXXXXXXXXX
USCIS Receipt Number:    WACXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Invoice ID:    IVXXXXXXXXXXXX
Principal Applicant:    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Petitioner:    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Interview Location:    RIO DE JANEIRO
BRZL

2.    Once the bullet above is received by your future spouse (petitioner), you will receive after a few days (in my case 8 days) an e-mail (from: ImmigrationRio@state.gov) with the subject RDJXXXXXXXXXX - LASTNAME, NAME

This e-mail will contain everything you will need (DS160,  Police Certificate, Visa Fee, Medical Appointment etc...) until your interview date. Make sure you have all documentation before scheduling your interview.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

So, basically once the Embassy in Rio receives your application, you will receive the instructions from the embassy as well and all you need will be there. Let me know if you have questions.

Enjoy your journey.

Edited by T_P

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I actually found the emails sent from NVC and Rio Embassy.....Once your petition is APPROVED you (USC) will receive the first email and second email was sent from Rio to both of us..... This should give you an idea of where you are and whats wrong with your case. The other thing though, Rio Embassy is good in responding emails... (ImmigrationRio@state.gov)

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Dear XXXXXXXXX, 

The U.S. Embassy in RIO DE JANEIRO, BRZL approved your immigrant visa application. The National Visa Center sent your petition to this U.S. Embassy for their action. The Embassy will contact you soon to schedule a visa interview. 

If you have questions about your visa interview, please visit the U.S. Embassy's website at http://usembassy.gov. 

Regards, 

National Visa Center, 

U.S. Department of State 

Case ID: 

RDJXXXXXXXX 

Invoice ID: 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX 

**NOTE: Please do not reply to this email. This is not a monitored account. If you have questions or need to get in touch with NVC, please follow the instructions at http://nvc.state.gov/ask to call or email us.** 

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Dear K Visa Applicant:  

            

Please follow the instructions below to prepare for your visa interview. You will not receive any additional letters by mail. 

The U.S. Consulate General in Rio de Janeiro has received your petition for a K visa.  Congratulations  you are one step closer to your visa interview.   

Please read the following Information carefully to ensure you are fully prepared on the day of your interview. We want to make sure you  come prepared to the Consulate to avoid any unnecessary delays. 

To ensure you are properly prepared on the day of your interview, please read the instructions carefully and bring all of the documents listed here.   

Pay special attention to the three documents below. These are the documents that can often delay visa applications if not submitted correctly. 

• Recent Police Certificate from the Federal Police  

• Recent Police Certificate from the “Secretaria de Segurança Pública” Here is the link for how to procure the correct police certificates: https://br.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/where-to-apply/  

• Notice of Approval for I-601A waiver and proof of your departure from the United States (only for applicants with prior unlawful presence in the United States) 

Scheduling process step-by-step: 

1. Fill out the DS-160 .ONE IS REQUIRED FOR EACH APPLICANT; 

2. Register at the scheduling site.  You will need your case number that was provided to you by the National Visa Center (NVC)- this is a 10-digit number that will most likely begin with “RDJ.”  Make sure you are in the “Immigrant Visa” section of the website the option and also to choose the right condition: “I HAVE RECEIVED A LETTER FROM THE CONSULAR SECTION WITH INSTRUCTIONS TO REGISTER OR SCHEDULE A K VISA APPOINTMENT”; 

3. Choose your preferred delivery option for receiving the visa if your application is approved and enter your address if you choose home delivery.  If you wish, you may choose to pick up your visa at one of the Applicant Service Center (ASC/CASV) offices; 

4. Pay the required fee.  ONE FEE IS REQUIRED FOR EACH APPLICANT; 

5. Schedule an appointment for your interview at the United States Consulate in Rio de Janeiro  Other posts in Brazil cannot conduct K visa interviews; 

6. Print your confirmation page and bring it to the Consulate on the day of your interview.   

All K visa applicants, regardless of age or gender, must have a medical examination with one of our authorized panel physicians before their interview at the Consulate.  We recommend you schedule your medical exam at least one week prior to your interview date. A list of the panel physicians and additional instructions are available 

here. 

Please note that you must complete the procedure described above each dependent in your case.  For example, if you are applying with your two children, you will need to follow these steps three separate times for each person applying. 

Edited by T_P

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

It happened to us. But, for us, they cancel our appointment and reschedule it to later. I know how you feel! Feel super duper upset that time since the petitioner (my fiance back then) already bought a flight ticket to attend the interview with me and spend 2 weeks together. The worst part the date they gave is the date after the petitioner will fly back to States. 

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 hours ago, K & Gu said:

"Immigrant visa"?    Maybe just a typo or miss quote. Probably nothing,  but K1's are "non immigrant",  is there any chance you are on the wrong page/site? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
21 hours ago, K & Gu said:

Hey all! I know that every case is different but I thought I would ask this anyway.

Today my fiance received an email saying that our scheduled appointment was cancelled for our  K1 interview at the US Embassy in Rio de Janeiro. The email said to go to the website that he scheduled it on for more information and rescheduling.

We looked at the website and the appointment has disappeared in general. 

Anyone have any idea why that might have happened? We have clean backgrounds so I doubt it's anything to do with security.

We also don't know if it's fee related or not - every time we try to pay fees online we are not able to. We got an invoice number from the NVC forever ago but we have never been able to pay it through the CEAC pay fees option.

On the CEAC website it shows our case as last updated today.

We already have his airfare and hotel booked for his flight to the Embassy in Rio so we are just trying to figure out what we can do. We emailed the Embassy but unfortunately it is Friday so all we can do is wait. It's all very vague. It's pretty rough figuring out what to do with literally no information about why it was cancelled as our interview is supposed to be on August 14th.

Thank you for any guidance.

Capture.PNG

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-br/niv is this where you went to pay your fee? Try that if you have already filed the ds160 just click continue and create an account to pay your fee

Edited by Jenny17655

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.