Loren Y

USCIS Updates Policy Guidance for Certain Requests for Evidence and Notices of Intent to Deny(merged)

314 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Again. The fiancee and marriage visa is something that should be mainly based on legitimacy of the relationship. Not income of the US citizen. Thats wage discrimination and its unamerican regardless of your stances on public burden chances

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Exactly my point. I will admit I took a loan for my wife's AOS because we moved cross country right after we got married. So finances were tight then. 

We sold my car to pay for AOS. You do what you gotta do!

AOS

Spoiler

12/28/2017 - Concurrent filing of I-130 and I-485

01/08/2018 - Rejection of I-485 based on incorrect payment (forgot biometrics fee!) 

03/05/2018 - Re-submitting of I-130 and I-485

03/07/2018 - Package received at Chicago Lockbox

03/20/2018 - NOA1 received by email

03/23/2018 - Form 179-C received for I-130, I-131, I-485, and I-765

03/27/2018 - Biometrics letter received for appointment on 04/13

04/13/2018 - Biometrics appointment

05/23/2018 - Interview scheduled for 06/27

06/11/2018 - Medical exam done

06/27/2018 - Interview (no decision)

06/29/2018 - APPROVED!

07/06/2018 - GC in hand!

ROC

Spoiler

04/08/2020 - Sent I-751 form with evidence via UPS

04/14/2020 - Package delivered at Phoenix, AZ lockbox

04/20/2020 - Certified check cashed

04/23/2020 - I-797 NOA received

05/13/2020 - Fingerprints applied to case (due to COVID-19)

12/10/2021 - Case jurisdiction moved

01/18/2022 - Card in production/case approved

01/24/2022 - Card in hand

Naturalization

Spoiler

10/30/2021 - N-400 filed online

10/30/2021 - Biometrics reused (no biometric appt needed)

08/04/2022 - Interview scheduled for 09/13

09/13/2022 - Interview, passed

11/18/2022 - Oath ceremony

event.png

2 minutes ago, Piaopiao072718 said:

But that is what the current immigration law is saying. This is not something said by a racist or something. Under the current US immigration law, if a USC does not make at least $20575 annually for a household of 2, he or she cannot sponsor the spouse, unless a joint sponsor or more than one joint sponsors could be found. OR the intending immigrant could use their assets, which has to be 5 times or 3 times the difference between actual income and the required income, depending on if the immigrant is an immediate relative of the USC or not. 

The law is saying if you and your spouse are poor, you cannot bring in your foreign-born spouse. 

Dude, that has always been the case. When did it all of sudden change supposedly?

2 minutes ago, CatP said:

We sold my car to pay for AOS. You do what you gotta do!

We did a loan off of my 401k.

5 minutes ago, JayHouser said:

Again. The fiancee and marriage visa is something that should be mainly based on legitimacy of the relationship. Not income of the US citizen. Thats wage discrimination and its unamerican regardless of your stances on public burden chances

How is it UnAmerican making sure a potential immigrant won't be a public charge?

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
13 minutes ago, CatP said:

I completely understand the fear of the process going wrong. But like it's been said many times, if you do things right, you have nothing to worry about. Follow the law. That's all you're being asked to do.

Thank you. I am sorry if any of the things I said on this site (not to you tho) has upset you. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

How is it UnAmerican making sure a potential immigrant won't be a public charge?

Are you being sarcastic or serious? You are literally okay with telling someone they cant be with their wife or husband until they start making more money. You can't be serious right? Im not referring to student visas or work visas or anything except spousal visas.

7 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Exactly my point. I will admit I took a loan for my wife's AOS because we moved cross country right after we got married. So finances were tight then. 

But you were responsible. You planned for that. And you worked it out. We all have tough times but we work hard and deal with them. I'm also willing to bet you made far more than $20,575 (2 person 125%) when you petitioned for her. I have no idea how someone only making $20,575 can afford this process. It would be extremely difficult to get by on that salary and then you have to make international trips to get married or to meet your significant other?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Dude, that has always been the case. When did it all of sudden change supposedly?

We did a loan off of my 401k.

I'm going to use my Credit card so I can get 3 times points on 1225.00. I'll pay it off a few days after it posts to my account, but I'm not missing out on some points. And I started saving for this whole shindig from I129F thru to Naturalization and have all the fees for K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization sitting in a online savings account at 1.70 Percent ( I know, it isn't much) but I know no matter what I have the fees to file. With an extra 10% to allow for increases in filing fees over the next 5 years.

I'm not about keeping people apart, but there are minimal guidelines that need to be met. I think they should be a little higher because I have lived on 20k a year for just one person, and I just don't see how you could do that on 2 people.

I mean my first job was at Burger King at $3.65 an hour, and I thought I was a baller!!!

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

I'm going to use my Credit card so I can get 3 times points on 1225.00. I'll pay it off a few days after it posts to my account, but I'm not missing out on some points. And I started saving for this whole shindig from I129F thru to Naturalization and have all the fees for K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization sitting in a online savings account at 1.70 Percent ( I know, it isn't much) but I know no matter what I have the fees to file. With an extra 10% to allow for increases in filing fees over the next 5 years.

I'm not about keeping people apart, but there are minimal guidelines that need to be met. I think they should be a little higher because I have lived on 20k a year for just one person, and I just don't see how you could do that on 2 people.

The guidelines don't always tell a clear story. I make about 60 to 80k a year but just finished school and the guidelines want 3 years of stable income after taxes. So despite having well over what i need on paper for my returns they don't sell the same story

Edited by JayHouser

5 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

I mean my first job was at Burger King at $3.65 an hour, and I thought I was a baller!!!

At that time my credit was dog poop due to a bad divorce. It is now good but it only took 4+ years to get it that way. 

10 minutes ago, EmmNM said:

But you were responsible. You planned for that. And you worked it out. We all have tough times but we work hard and deal with them. I'm also willing to bet you made far more than $20,575 (2 person 125%) when you petitioned for her. I have no idea how someone only making $20,575 can afford this process. It would be extremely difficult to get by on that salary and then you have to make international trips to get married or to meet your significant other?

I was actually a defense contractor when I met my wife and when we did the petition. I only moved back to the USA after I had a job linked up and her visa. 

Timeline

Okay lets not resort to name calling. I don't agree with the opinions of some of the posters here but lets keep it civil

Edited by JayHouser
Typo

Timeline

In response to your earlier point Cyber I know that's how it is done but I am simply stating I don't agree with it from a morale standpoint. Rules are rules but that doesn't make them right or fair especially when they are breaking families apart. Its easier to make an observation when everything is great in life but not everyone is fortunate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

****** Many posts removed for personal attacks, bad language. and off topic bickering.  Further admin action taken against two members.  Stay on topic and stay civil or do not post. ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.