Michele and Adam

Yes, you can visit!

2,457 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Just thought I would come in and share my experience :) Turns out I was worrying about nothing!

I arrived at Washington Dulles airport, the immigration line was extremely short (for the first time ever!) A cheerful looking guy (Again for the first time ever!!!:lol:) called me forward and asked why I was visiting America. I said that I was here to visit my fiance and my Dad and family. He asked what my fiance was doing in America, and I said that he was infact American... He looked at me with great sympathy and said 'Oooooh... The long distance thing must be difficult huh?' Which I replied 'Yes sir, it certainly is...' He then asked me if my fiance had talked me into moving over yet and I said 'Yes actually we are in the middle of the K1 visa process' he looked at me again with great sympathy and said 'Ooooooooh, I feel for ya, that must be tough, that's a loooooong and drawn out process' Again, I nodded in agreement. He took my fingerprints, stamped my passport, told me to enjoy my stay, wished me good luck and off I went!

We had an AWESOME week together :D I am now back in England though and I just so don't want to be here anymore :cry: I think someone should take the word 'soon' out of the English dictionary, it is starting to really get on my nerves.. lol

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Just thought I would come in and share my experience :) Turns out I was worrying about nothing!

I arrived at Washington Dulles airport, the immigration line was extremely short (for the first time ever!) A cheerful looking guy (Again for the first time ever!!!:lol:) called me forward and asked why I was visiting America. I said that I was here to visit my fiance and my Dad and family. He asked what my fiance was doing in America, and I said that he was infact American... He looked at me with great sympathy and said 'Oooooh... The long distance thing must be difficult huh?' Which I replied 'Yes sir, it certainly is...' He then asked me if my fiance had talked me into moving over yet and I said 'Yes actually we are in the middle of the K1 visa process' he looked at me again with great sympathy and said 'Ooooooooh, I feel for ya, that must be tough, that's a loooooong and drawn out process' Again, I nodded in agreement. He took my fingerprints, stamped my passport, told me to enjoy my stay, wished me good luck and off I went!

We had an AWESOME week together :D I am now back in England though and I just so don't want to be here anymore :cry: I think someone should take the word 'soon' out of the English dictionary, it is starting to really get on my nerves.. lol

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm flying into Boston next Saturday to visit my OH and I'm already getting nervous about going through immigration. :rolleyes:

I'm sure everything will be fine but it's just nice to hear that it's been painless for someone else. Thanks again. :)

Timeline

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm flying into Boston next Saturday to visit my OH and I'm already getting nervous about going through immigration. :rolleyes:

I'm sure everything will be fine but it's just nice to hear that it's been painless for someone else. Thanks again. :)

No worries :D I hope you have a great time!! :D

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi

im new here, can u tell me what being 'TOUCHED' means?

thanks so much!

I'm sure all the vets on this board are tired of this daily question, but keep in mind that dozens of people are just starting this process every day, and the "can I visit while the application is pending?" question is one, if not the, most pressing matters to most of them.

Information about this is all over this site, but scattered. I for one am a person who likes to hear personal experiences too, so I can make a decision based on what others in my similar situation have gone through.

The answer is yes, visits are allowed. But whether you will actually be admitted lies entirely in the hands of the officer questioning you upon entry. And face it, hearing you've got a sweetheart you're intending to/have married waiting for you in the US is going to set off a "he/she is just going to stay here forever" bell to that officer. It's your job to convince that officer that you have a life back in your home country that you fully intend, and will, go back to.

Anyway, I'm hoping people will post their experiences visiting the USC before and during the visa journey. I'm sure that all of us do visit legally, and do leave when we're supposed to. So, is there anything that worked for you? Hindered you? If you were ever denied, why? Were you able to remedy the situation and try again?

Going through customs can make your stomach turn, and make you feel like a criminal even though you've done nothing wrong. So, let's try to calm each other down and tell each other our experiences. I think we'll find that most of us are admitted (albeit with a little hassle, perhaps).

Vets, maybe this will cut down on having to answer the question 5 times a day!

Michele

08/24/06 - we met thru his cousin who was my co-worker

04/18/07 - my honey asked me to marry him and i said yes! we're ENGAGED!

05/28/07 - my honey sent the petition to USCIS

06/08/07 - USCIS recieved (on-line)

09/25/07 - hard copy of NOA1 received thru mail

10/15/07 - process for the petition was taking long so he decided to go back to the PI

10/22/07 - NOA2 approved (on-line)

11/08/07 - honey had to leave me again to go back to hawaii

12/10/07 - i was assigned an interview date (2/7/08) and PE date (1/30/07)

01/02/08 - Received PACKET 4!!!!!!

01/04/08 - 1st Day Early Medical at SLEC

01/07/08 - 2nd Day Early Medical at SLEC - PASSED!!!

01/30/08 - Scheduled Medical accdg to packet

02/06/08 - Interview at the USEM 7:30AM - APPROVED!!!!

02/12/08 - US Embassy called for visa pick-up

02/14/08 - Visa on hand YEY!!!!WOHOOOO!!!!!

02/16/08 - 3:30pm Flight to HNL, Hawaii

02/21/08 - Civil Wedding

AOS

4/20/08 - Received SSN

4/23/08 - NOA

4/25/08- ASC Appointment Notice

5/22/08 - Biometrics in HNL

7/30/08 - Interview (APPROVED)

8/11/08 - Green Card Received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
hi

im new here, can u tell me what being 'TOUCHED' means?

thanks so much!

:guides:

It is what tells you your case has been opened by someone at USCIS

:)

AOS Timeline

April 18, 2008 Civil Wedding at the courthouse

April 25. 2008 AOS packet sent to Chicago

April 29, 2008 AOS packet delivered

May 5, 2008 Receipt date for I-485, I-765 & I-131

May 9, 2008 NOA's & Biometrics Appointment letter received

May 28, 2008 Biometrics appointment

June 6, 2008 Case transferred to CSC

July 8, 2008 AP Approved

July 14, 2008 EAD Approved

October 10, 2008 I-485 Approved

October 14, 2008 Green card received

I-129F Timeline

Sept 13, 2007 I-129F sent to VSC

Sept 15, 2007 I-129F received at VSC at 2:32pm

Sept 17, 2007 NOA1 Receipt

Jan 25, 2008 NOA2 Receipt

Jan 31, 2008 NVC received approved petition from USCIS, VT

Feb 4, 2008 NVC letter received with new case number & Petition forwarded to San Jose, Costa Rica

Feb 7, 2008 DHL package signed for by R MORA at San Jose Embassy

Mar 5, 2008 Picked up packet & scheduled interview for Mar 14th

Mar 7, 2008 Blood work & Xray medicals complete

Mar 10, 2008 Physical & vaccinations complete

Mar 14, 2008 Interview - receive 221(g) for missing Single certificate for Costa Rica

Mar 26, 2008 Pick up completed Single Cert from the Registro Civil & deliver to Embassy

Apr 2, 2008 Deliver Australian Single status cert to Embassy

Apr 8, 2008 Approved!! Visa in hand same day :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Just returned from 9 days in the US and getting through immigration was a breeze. I went through Boston Logan International and they only asked me how long I was staying and that was it.

Gillian

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
Just returned from 9 days in the US and getting through immigration was a breeze. I went through Boston Logan International and they only asked me how long I was staying and that was it.

Gillian

my fiance will be here tomorrow... hopefully he'll go through wo a glitch! :unsure:

My fiancee and I have applied for the K-1 visa, which we're still waiting to hear back from.

I've visited her twice this year, first in April, where I stayed almost the full 90 days and left in July, and I'm here (in the US) again now. I came for the second time in September, and on arrival at Atlanta, I was taken in to the fun little room, where an unnecessarily abrupt CBP officer asked me why I was back so soon, made me wait for about an hour and then stamped my passport and let me in to the country. My ticket to return to the UK is for the 16th of October (next week), but I would like to stay longer. I stayed longer than my ticket last time and there was no problem, and I know that the 90 days for this time don't run out until the beginning of December.

My problem is this:

The unnecessarily abrupt CBP officer said that if I didn't leave on the date of my ticket (the 16th), I'd get in trouble. As far as I'm aware, I'm legally entitled to stay in this country for 90 days, so does he have any authority to say that, or was it just talk?

If I do stay longer, say until Thanksgiving, and I want to return again for Christmas, are they pretty much certain to refuse me entry? Can they refuse me entry if my K-1 has gone through by then (or if I have a B-1 tourist visa, for example)?

Will staying longer adversely affect my K-1 application?

I'm just worried because it would be two vists of almost 90 days each.

My fiancee and I have applied for the K-1 visa, which we're still waiting to hear back from.

I've visited her twice this year, first in April, where I stayed almost the full 90 days and left in July, and I'm here (in the US) again now. I came for the second time in September, and on arrival at Atlanta, I was taken in to the fun little room, where an unnecessarily abrupt CBP officer asked me why I was back so soon, made me wait for about an hour and then stamped my passport and let me in to the country. My ticket to return to the UK is for the 16th of October (next week), but I would like to stay longer. I stayed longer than my ticket last time and there was no problem, and I know that the 90 days for this time don't run out until the beginning of December.

My problem is this:

The unnecessarily abrupt CBP officer said that if I didn't leave on the date of my ticket (the 16th), I'd get in trouble. As far as I'm aware, I'm legally entitled to stay in this country for 90 days, so does he have any authority to say that, or was it just talk?

If I do stay longer, say until Thanksgiving, and I want to return again for Christmas, are they pretty much certain to refuse me entry? Can they refuse me entry if my K-1 has gone through by then (or if I have a B-1 tourist visa, for example)?

Will staying longer adversely affect my K-1 application?

I'm just worried because it would be two vists of almost 90 days each.

I think you are able to visit on VWP for up to 6 months in a year. Any longer than that could be considered an abuse of the Visa Waiver program. I don't think longer visits will impact your K1 so long as you do not overstay but it is possible they will turn you away next time unless you can provide some good proof of ties to your home country. There is always a risk of being turned away for every visit.

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I've got a story of being denied entry to the UK- last February ('07)... I'm the USC, and at the time, when i was going to see my boyfriend (the Brit), he was still just my "boyfriend". We hadn't filed for any visas at that point. Hindsight is 20/20, and now i realize where i went wrong... I arrived at immigration, and the woman asked how long i was there for... Completely unprepared and without return ticket at that point, i said "I'm not sure, at some point in early April". I had plans to return to the US with my boyfriend only a couple of weeks after arriving in the UK, and still hadn't purchased a return ticket. That put up the red flag, and eventually I was "officially detained".

I was searched, fingerprinted, photographed, all my luggage was searched and all relevant material (cell phone, personal letters) were confiscated. I was put into a detainee room, and remained there for 8 hours, questioned twice. I was eventually denied entry- I didn't have a job in the US, and couldn't prove strong enough ties to the US. I had no intent on living in the UK, just staying there on my "visitor visa". I know it was pretty dumb, but I was clueless to all of this immigration stuff. I know now how clueless I was, but anyways, I was allowed three days to stay in the UK, and then I was required to leave the country. I look back and think that was pretty nice- they could have sent me back on another 8 hour flight after my 8 hours in detainment! Fortunately I had my three days, and then I headed back to the US, and have been here ever since.

My boyfriend came to the US this summer for 89 days (1 day short of the allowed 90 days) and during his stay, he proposed, and we applied for the K1 visa. Now i'm going to visit him on friday in the UK. Feeling terrified, i'm trying to get everything together I might need at immigration. YES, we are applying for a US visa, and we will be getting married in the US... But i'm just worried that my previous denial of entry is going to cause me problems on my visit. I leave for the UK on friday, 10/26/07. I'm going to have a letter from my employer (i have a permanent job in the US now), and i'll have a copy of our NOA1 (just a scanned copy though). I'll have pictures of me and my fiance together, and a letter from his mother saying how happy she is that i'll be coming out to visit, as well as a copy of my itinerary. Any thoughts? Think i need anything else? I'm thinking maybe i should bring a rough draft of our wedding invites, but they have a definite date on them (back when we were optimistic about getting approved by February of 2008!). The invites show the wedding will be in the US.... And then again, they're not official invites- just extremely rough drafts... Oh i don't know! I'm so worried!!!

I know that each entry is based on it's own merit- and I'll have much better circumstances this time around, but I can't help but be worried. You should see the lovely ANGRY X in my passport. There's a UK stamp with a big X through it- so strongly penned into the pages that it actually cut the paper. Although I'm sure I'm in the computer, I don't think i'll be breezing through immigration ever again. Any thoughts?

7/27/07-I-129F sent out to VSC via overnight mail

07/27/07-VSC receives our I-129F- signed for by A. SCOT

8/10/07-check cashed

12/17/2007-NVC receives our case

12/19/07-petition leaves NVC

12/28/07-petition is received by Embassy

01/07/08-he receives Packet 3!

01/11/08-sends in Packet 3 w/out checklist...waiting on police cert :-(

01/15/08- Medical Appointment

01/17/08- receive police certificate

01/18/08-send in checklist!

01/30/08- he receives Packet 4!

02/20/08- 10am INTERVIEW DATE!- APPROVED!!!

03/06/2008- he leaves England to be with me

04/19/08-OurWedding!

FILE FOR AOS, EAD & AP:

05/29/08- Sent via USPS to Chicago

06/02/08-pkg signed for by J Mac

06/06/2008-NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP

06/10/2008- received NOA1 information in the mail

6/25/2008- Biometrics Appointment goes well:)

6/26/2008- Finally able to check the status of our cases online!

7/08/2008-AOS touch

7/08/2008-e-mail with notice that AOS has been transferred to CSC

7/11/2008-AOS touch

7/11/2008-e-mail with notice that CSC has received AOS application

7/14/2008-AOS touch

7/15/2008-AOS touch

8/07/2008-Notice EAD card production ordered!

8/07/2008-EAD Approval notice sent!

8/07/2008-AP Approval notice sent!

8/16/2008-Received EAD card in the mail!

8/18/2008-Received AP papers in the mail!

8/22/2008-AOS touch

...patiently waiting for AOS...

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Ok, to follow up on my last post- I've been to England- all last week, and they let me in!! The worst part of the whole trip was sitting on the airplane in Cincinatti for 6 hours waiting to take off. Ugh. But when I finally did arrive, my whole immigration ordeal took about 20 minutes. The line was relatively short this time, and I finally got a somewhat nice lady. Went a bit like this:

HER:"Where are you coming from?"

ME: "The U.S.A."

HER: "How long are you here for?"

ME: "A week"

HER: "Why are you here?"

ME: "I'm here for vacation to see my fiance"

HER: "You're here to see... (momentary doubletake) your fiance??"

ME: "Yes, my fiance".

HER: "And what nationality is your fiance?"

ME: "He's English"

(noticeable annoyance on her part- you could see her realizing this wasn't just a quick interview)

HER: (after flipping through my passport) "And what's THIS all about?" (she was pointing at the big X from the last time i was denied entry)

ME: "I was denied entry back in February"

HER: "Why were you denied entry?"

ME: "I was denied entry because I didn't have a return ticket, and because I didn't have a job in the US"

HER: "What nationality is your fiance?" (maybe she was testing me?)

ME: "He's English. I have lots of proof to show that I'm going back to the US in a week. I have a letter from my boss, a copy of my trip itinerary, and proof that we've filed for a K1 visa in the US so that he can come to the US to marry me and live there with me"

HER: "Well let's see that"

(I bring out the packet, and let her look through it. She doesn't ask for it, so I start volunteering all of my information- car title, checking and saving account info, pay stubs, receipt from engagement ring, receipt from the lawyer, etc)

ME: "I have lots more information too, to prove that I'm going back to the US"

HER: (obviously annoyed, again) "Who told you to bring all this??"

ME: "No one told me to, but I had such a hard time last time, I thought I'd bring as much proof as I could to show you that I plan to go back to the US after my stay"

HER: "Ok, I'm going to look through all this, and check to see if your story checks out about your entry denial last time you came through. Please go sit in that area over there while I look through this"

ME: "Ok, Thank you" (and i go sit in the small fenced off waiting area that's provided for the "special" victims of immigration)

--She's gone for about ten minutes, and finally comes back and joins me in my little waiting area--

HER: "Ok, so your story checks out. One more thing- the copy of your NOA1 says in fine print that this process could take a really long time. What are you going to do if it takes longer than you're expecting?"

ME: (I look at her a bit puzzled and say questioningly:) "Wait? I mean, what else can we do? I can't afford to keep coming back here, and I have a job I've got to be at, and he's self employed, so I guess he can come visit me, but we will just have to wait".

HER: "Ok, you're all set, come back up to the podium and I'll put you through"

She stamped my passport, wrote in my date of departure, and said I had to leave by this date if I ever wanted an easy entrance back into the UK.

And that was it! And I was so worried!!! But all the information I got together was well worth it- I walked up to immigration with confidence, and didn't act nervous. I gave her all the "text-book" answers she was looking for, and it all went smoothly. I don't anticipate having any more troubles the next time I try to get in the UK, as long as I can prove I'm employed in the US and I have a return ticket.

So I lived through it, and now am only worried that my fiance will have trouble coming here to see me at Christmas. I hope that as long as he has proof that he's planning on going back to the UK, and shows knowledge that he knows we can't get married while he's here, he should be ok.

Good luck to anyone planning a trip to see your fiance- it's worth it, if you can stand the worry and stress beforehand! Seeing my fiance for a week has really reminded me how much I love him and how fiercely I want our visa application to go through so that we don't have to spend anymore of our lives away from eachother! Keeping faith in that is the only thing that's going to get us through!

8/10/07-check cashed

04/19/08-OurWedding!

FILE FOR AOS, EAD & AP:

7/08/2008-AOS touch

7/11/2008-AOS touch

7/14/2008-AOS touch

7/15/2008-AOS touch

8/22/2008-AOS touch

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd add my experience here. I've lurked on here for the last year, now I feel I should contribute at last. :) The postsings here have been most helpful. So far we've got to the NOA2 stage, now just waiting for packet 3.

When I travel to the states I always travel thro Dublin. I find clearing US immigration there makes the flight a much more pleasant experience. Last time was in July, the officer didn't ask me any questions at all. Even tho I had plenty of evidence to prove my ties in the UK if asked to provide them. Going back again in January again via Dublin. Will post my experience then.

My fiancee likewise always travels thro Dublin to visit me in the UK. She goes thro Irish immigration, who rush her thro when she tell them she's on her way to the UK. But for some reason they don't do immigration control for Ireland-UK flights? Makes life easier for us, but it does make you wonder.

Nicky

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

Timeline
Just thought I'd add my experience here. I've lurked on here for the last year, now I feel I should contribute at last. :) The postsings here have been most helpful. So far we've got to the NOA2 stage, now just waiting for packet 3.

When I travel to the states I always travel thro Dublin. I find clearing US immigration there makes the flight a much more pleasant experience. Last time was in July, the officer didn't ask me any questions at all. Even tho I had plenty of evidence to prove my ties in the UK if asked to provide them. Going back again in January again via Dublin. Will post my experience then.

My fiancee likewise always travels thro Dublin to visit me in the UK. She goes thro Irish immigration, who rush her thro when she tell them she's on her way to the UK. But for some reason they don't do immigration control for Ireland-UK flights? Makes life easier for us, but it does make you wonder.

Nicky

Hmmm. First time i went to the UK, i went thru Shannon Ireland. I cleared immigration there fine because I told them i was en route to England. And then when i arrived in England, i didn't have to go through any kind of immigration, and I did wonder about that, but just assumed somehow i'd slipped through the cracks. So anyone going to England via Ireland doesn't have to go through immigration in England?! Good to know for future travel plans!! Any one else have any experiences of going to England via Ireland?

8/10/07-check cashed

04/19/08-OurWedding!

FILE FOR AOS, EAD & AP:

7/08/2008-AOS touch

7/11/2008-AOS touch

7/14/2008-AOS touch

7/15/2008-AOS touch

8/22/2008-AOS touch

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My first post and boy am I glad I decided to search the forums before I went to visit my honey again.

You see, I've had my B1/B2 for over 3 years now and have visited him on at least 5 visits over the last year and a half. We've filed the K1 petition and we just received our NOA1 (and touched once I believe) so we wait for NOA2 now.

I've been hemming and hawing (is that how those 2 words are spelt) about leaving my current job for a while and we thought that it would be nice to completely decompress from it (it's been a pretty bad experience these last few months) with a month or two with him while we wait. Reading this thread tho, I remember that immigration ALWAYS asks me what I do and where I work. I am fearful that if I say "I'm in between jobs at the moment" they are likely to turn me back.

Man - this long distance thing is tough and the waiting even tougher. I just keep my eyes on the end and hope that it's actually as near as it looks and not just a mirage.

Any advice on the job issue?

~

K-1 Visa

Oct 26, 2007 .... I-129F Sent to VSC

Oct 30, 2007 .... I-129F Received (NOA1)

Nov 06, 2007 .... Touched.

Feb 12, 2008 .... NOA2 via Email

Feb 27, 2008 .... NOA2 arrived via Post

Feb 27, 2008 .... What seems to be Pkt.3 arrives at the Kingston address

Feb 29, 2008 .... Packet-3 in my hand

Apr 24, 2008 .... Confirmation via email of interview scheduling

Apr 25, 2008 .... Packet-4 in my hand

May 05, 2008 .... Medical scheduled

May 27, 2008 .... Medical

Jun 10, 2008 .... Interview!!!

Jun 10, 2008 .... Visa approved!!!

Jul 01, 2008 .... Visa received!!!

Jul 03, 2008 .... Arrived home!!!

Aug 23, 2008 .... Wedding day!!!

AOS

Sep 15 2008 .... AOS Package mailed (USPS Priority Overnight)

Sep 16 2008 .... AOS Package delivered

Sep 19 2008 .... AOS Package received (in mailbox on Sep 22 2008)

Sep 30 2008 .... Biometrics appointment notice mailed

Oct 14 2008 .... Biometrics appointment in Louisville, KY

Oct 14 2008 .... I-765 touched

Oct 28 2008 .... AoS packet transferred to California

Nov 06 2008 .... I-485 touched

Dec 02 2008 .... EAD approved!!!

Dec 10 2008 .... EAD arrived!!! (SSA offices and my first job application done too!)

Jan 12 2009 .... I-485 touched

Mar 13 2009 .... Green Card arrived!!!!! The waiting is finished!

Side note, as Adam was leaving, one guard asked the other "so that guy is okay?" Other guard answers, "yeah, he's just in love."

That's the cutest thing I've ever heard.

Ya, I agree! That is cute...and almost hard to believe considering the POE was Detroit! I live near Detroit and go through immigration at least 12 times a year for international business travel. And...I always thought that the Detroit POE employes were extremely tough and rude! And, when I brought my fiancee here on here KI, they really kinda drilled us a bit in the 'interview room'...but our drilling was mild compared to the way they treated other immigrants in the 'interview room'. They were really brutal on a bunch of folks...outwardly mocking their use of English as a second language in front of everyone... :angry:

However, as some of you might have seen recently on CNN or on the web, Detroit is ranked as the #1 most dangerous city in the United States. So...I guess those POE folks have a tough job...

Peace to all for the Holidays!

Mark-N-AAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.