Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, akoko-01 said:

hi all,

just trying to prepare ourselves for the aos period after the approval. anw our question is: can we file AOS online? or what can we file online after POE?

thanks guys. 

No one here is at the stage that you are. So it wouldn't be a surprise that you do not get an answer. A better way to process your AOS is to be in the AOS thread found here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/131-adjustment-of-status-case-filing-and-progress-reports/

There is a wealth of information on VJ yet undiscovered.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 9/21/2018 at 2:35 PM, Joulie & Victor said:

Sounds like nvc sent back your case to Uscis to review. If that’s the case I’m sure you will get another NOA2?? 

On 9/21/2018 at 1:30 PM, Greenbaum said:

I am confused you say your case is ready but USCIS is gong to take 6 months to review your case? I'm not sure what that means. Why is USCIS to review your case?

Thanks for your help guys, I was a bit stressed and confused at the time i sent that post out

Here is what happened in chronological order:

In July we received our NOA2.

In August we still had no reply as to why the nvc hadn't sent the case to the embassy yet, so my fiancee had called them again.

They in that conversation in August said they had sent it to the USCIS, after which my fiancee called the USCIS on the same day and they said it would take another 6 months from the moment the received the case from the NVC

So in August I was under the impression it was going to take 6 months, as in the case would only be ready February 2019.

With that time frame in mind I decided to plan a trip to my fiancee for about 80 days starting in October, allowing me to be back just in time for that expected tine frame mentioned above.

Against all odds, a couple days ago they happened to have sent the case to the embassy.

Whilst I was still expecting it to be taking until next year, it was ready yesterday.

However I am leaving next month, so I was scared of having to go into the i129F waiting line again. (hence the panicking lol)

Turns out that the embassy can automatically extend the validity of the NOA2 which is due to expire in November 2018. I have mailed them yesterday because despite them being able to automatically extend the validity they are not obligated to do so. I should be getting an email from them on Monday or Tuesday next week.

Hopefully they will be able to extend it.

6 minutes ago, Bunbunbunny said:

Thanks for your help guys, I was a bit stressed and confused at the time i sent that post out

Here is what happened in chronological order:

In July we....

It looks as though you have this handled but it hinges on if the Embassy will grant the extension. Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

If anyone in here is going to be living in NYC - I just wanted to share that there is a New York City AOS group! Join us!

Edited by vaksurik

K1 VISA

NOA1 - Dec 12

NOA2 - June 29

Visa in hand - Sept 22

POE - Sept 25 

Marriage - Oct 6 🥂

AOS

Packet Sent - Nov 5, 2018

NOA1 - Nov 9, 2018

NOA1 Received in mail - Nov 16, 2018

EAD Card Approved - June 4, 2019

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
4 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

No one here is at the stage that you are. So it wouldn't be a surprise that you do not get an answer. A better way to process your AOS is to be in the AOS thread found here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/131-adjustment-of-status-case-filing-and-progress-reports/

There is a wealth of information on VJ yet undiscovered.

thank you for redirecting me. i will try my best to find all the answers that im seeking from there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
On 9/19/2018 at 4:20 AM, Joulie & Victor said:

My fiancé just called me. We got approved!! What a relief! :dance::jest:

Now back to sleep....😴

Mabrooooooook!!!!!!😍💃

K1 Timeline

01/10/2018: I-129 Filed from Raleigh, NC

02/20/2018: I-129F NOA1

09/05/2018: I-129F NOA2 (Finally 😍)

02/24/2018: NVC Received, Case & Invoice # assigned

10/02/2018: Case in Transit

10/11/2018: Beirut Embassy Received (case READY)

10/24/2018: Interview (Approved!)

10/26/2018: Visa in Hand! 🙌

11/01/2018: POE (Washington, DC) ✈️

11/28/2018: Court Marriage 👩‍⚖️

12/01/2018: Wedding! 👰❤️🤵

AOS Timeline

12/26/2018: Filed for AOS at Raleigh, NC 

01/02/2019: Fingerprint Fee Received

01/30/2019: Biometrics Apt/Fingerprints done

04/05/2019: Interview Ready to Be Scheduled for I-485 😬

04/12/2019: Interview is Scheduled 

05/17/2019: Interview

05/17/2019: New Card being Produced :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, jakejon said:

OH we got APPROVED on Friday!!!!! Still celebrating in London. The new embassy is absolutely stunning!! What an amazing experience ❤️

Congrats!! 

Timeline
3 hours ago, GHJourney said:

My fiancé finished his interview and we got approved!! We are so excited! What a big relief and we are truly blessed! 

Congrats!!!! 🎉 :D 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Does anyone know if we are required to purchase 2 way ticket or is 1 way just fine?I’ve heard conflicting info about that. They will tell you to buy 2 way incase they have to return. Maybe depends on visa? Someone shed some experience. Thanks! 

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Joulie & Victor said:

Does anyone know if we are required to purchase 2 way ticket or is 1 way just fine?I’ve heard conflicting info about that. They will tell you to buy 2 way incase they have to return. Maybe depends on visa? Someone shed some experience. Thanks! 

Assuming you are asking about a ticket for the beneficiary to travel to the USA, a one way ticket is acceptable for a K1 visa.   USCIS will not expect or require to see a return ticket.   But, you may find purchasing a Round Trip ticket is less expensive than a One Way.   I know it seems odd, but is often the case.

In my case it was less expensive to purchase the Round Trip.   I scheduled the Return Date just shy of the 90 day Visa rule of arrival,  just in case my Fiancee should find the US unbearable for her.   I find that highly unlikely, but it is free insurance (in my case) to do so.   YMMV (your milage may vary)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
16 minutes ago, JoelThai said:

Assuming you are asking about a ticket for the beneficiary to travel to the USA, a one way ticket is acceptable for a K1 visa.   USCIS will not expect or require to see a return ticket.   But, you may find purchasing a Round Trip ticket is less expensive than a One Way.   I know it seems odd, but is often the case.

In my case it was less expensive to purchase the Round Trip.   I scheduled the Return Date just shy of the 90 day Visa rule of arrival,  just in case my Fiancee should find the US unbearable for her.   I find that highly unlikely, but it is free insurance (in my case) to do so.   YMMV (your milage may vary)

Interesting. Thanks. Good to know. We will see what’s cheapest and go from there. Thanks for the input. Just don’t want him to run with any issues at the airport

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.