Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Lebanese23 said:

That is super normal, you will see application received, then it will say Administrative processing, then you will see issued(5 days). mine took 7 days total from  interview to get Visa.  it was saying Issued for 2 days before they contacted him to pick up.

Good to know mabey im just freaking out for no reason i mean they said approved so i gusse ill just have to wait tommrow will be exacly a week ill wait till next week then freak out haha

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Eddu said:

Good to know mabey im just freaking out for no reason i mean they said approved so i gusse ill just have to wait tommrow will be exacly a week ill wait till next week then freak out haha

no worries, we all worry.  Our future is pretty much controlled by immigration at the moment.  They told us up to 10 days to get visa. hope you hear something by Friday!

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

19 hours ago, akoko-01 said:

hi guys,

i was wondering if there is some papers that i (beneficiary) should bring with me so i can use it later in USA.

@Greenbaum or any other long time living in the USA member, according to your experience, what papers from your home country did you use when applying to any kind of filing (AOS, driver's license, job...).

of course other than Birth Certificate.

thank you :-)

Most important is what you said, Birth Certificate. Do you have any licenses like lawyer, medical and/or engineering to name a few if so bring those. If you have certificates like a teaching certificate bring it. Bring your HS and College transcripts if you have them they are not usually asked for but having them with you could come in handy. If you were previously married bring the marriage certificate as well as the divorce papers. That should do it.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

19 hours ago, Eddu said:

Nope no paper just told her congrats took her passport told her she should get an email when its ready and thats it when i check ceac it shows sept 27 as last date updated 

that was her interview date and it shows non imagrant visa statues as application received 

Once it goes to "non-immigrant" status you are a day or two away from issued. Hang in there.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thought I would share the embassy review I posted this morning.

Junrey's interview was 9/24/2018. I attended with him. I thought we were well prepared and had everything in order. I was wrong. This was an adventure.
Couple of things first. Everything at the embassy was well organized, professional, and friendly.
The appointment was scheduled at 6:10AM and we lined up around 5:45. We had the appointment confirmation that allowed us to get in line, but we did not have the application confirmation. Junrey had completed the application so I was unfamiliar with the confirmation page that had his picture on it. They gave us the website to get it and gave us until 9:00AM to come back with it. I had rented an Airbnb condo across the street and so we went there to get what we needed. Junrey saw the document online and said "I've got that". We had it all along. So back to the embassy (7:30AM). Got to go to front of the line. We were then allowed into the embassy and waited our turn for pre-interview. In the pre-interview stage it was determined that some how Junrey had paid for a K1 visa but attached it to the tourist application he had made 2 years prior. She was confused how he did, but needed a K1 visa application. She gave until 10AM to get a K1 visa completed. Back to the condo (around 8:30AM at this time). We started to complete the online application (very slow if you are in hurry). About half way through a message was issued "timeout - click ok to continue for additional 20 minutes". It timed out anyway. We could have accessed that application if we had written it down. We started over, but immediately wrote down the application number. We finished the application and fortunately I had his picture to upload into the application on my laptop.
It is now 9:15AM but no printer. Saved confirmation page to USB memory card and went to find printer. The computers were out at the first internet shop we found. We found a print shop in the next block that was able to print it out for us. Back to the Embassy, bypassed all the lines and to the pre-interview window. A USB memory card (I didn't have on first time through) is not allowed in. US citizens are allowed to check in electronic devices by going through a different door. I gave them my driver's license and the usb that I picked up on the way out. Cleared pre-interview window. Then finger printing of Junrey. Then wait for interview. Interview questions: (Junrey was extremely nervous) How did you meet? When did you first meet in person? Wedding plans? Junrey said we would get marriage license and get married the next week. CO wanted details of the wedding. Some how Junrey couldn't verbalize that it would be courthouse wedding with just the 2 of us. Tell me something that just you and your fiancé know? CO then said "I'm going to recommend approval". I believe that the statement "Recommend approval" vs. "Is approved" puts you in administrative processing. We were in "Administrative processing" for 10 days with status changing to "Issued" on October 4th.
Overall the embassy went out of their way to help us and we were able to get it done.

We will now schedule CFO class and book airfare as soon as visa is in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hello everyone 

So my interview was today and I was approved but they are waiting on my medical results to issue the visa. 

I was just wondering I checked my application and it's in administrative processing, is this normal? They do have my passport and I never received a 221g so that's a good thing. 

Any advice on when I should contact them about the medical results. Thank you 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, kennharv said:

Thought I would share the embassy review I posted this morning.

Junrey's interview was 9/24/2018. I attended with him. I thought we were well prepared and had everything in order. I was wrong. This was an adventure.
Couple of things first. Everything at the embassy was well organized, professional, and friendly.
The appointment was scheduled at 6:10AM and we lined up around 5:45. We had the appointment confirmation that allowed us to get in line, but we did not have the application confirmation. Junrey had completed the application so I was unfamiliar with the confirmation page that had his picture on it. They gave us the website to get it and gave us until 9:00AM to come back with it. I had rented an Airbnb condo across the street and so we went there to get what we needed. Junrey saw the document online and said "I've got that". We had it all along. So back to the embassy (7:30AM). Got to go to front of the line. We were then allowed into the embassy and waited our turn for pre-interview. In the pre-interview stage it was determined that some how Junrey had paid for a K1 visa but attached it to the tourist application he had made 2 years prior. She was confused how he did, but needed a K1 visa application. She gave until 10AM to get a K1 visa completed. Back to the condo (around 8:30AM at this time). We started to complete the online application (very slow if you are in hurry). About half way through a message was issued "timeout - click ok to continue for additional 20 minutes". It timed out anyway. We could have accessed that application if we had written it down. We started over, but immediately wrote down the application number. We finished the application and fortunately I had his picture to upload into the application on my laptop.
It is now 9:15AM but no printer. Saved confirmation page to USB memory card and went to find printer. The computers were out at the first internet shop we found. We found a print shop in the next block that was able to print it out for us. Back to the Embassy, bypassed all the lines and to the pre-interview window. A USB memory card (I didn't have on first time through) is not allowed in. US citizens are allowed to check in electronic devices by going through a different door. I gave them my driver's license and the usb that I picked up on the way out. Cleared pre-interview window. Then finger printing of Junrey. Then wait for interview. Interview questions: (Junrey was extremely nervous) How did you meet? When did you first meet in person? Wedding plans? Junrey said we would get marriage license and get married the next week. CO wanted details of the wedding. Some how Junrey couldn't verbalize that it would be courthouse wedding with just the 2 of us. Tell me something that just you and your fiancé know? CO then said "I'm going to recommend approval". I believe that the statement "Recommend approval" vs. "Is approved" puts you in administrative processing. We were in "Administrative processing" for 10 days with status changing to "Issued" on October 4th.
Overall the embassy went out of their way to help us and we were able to get it done.

We will now schedule CFO class and book airfare as soon as visa is in hand

Congrats!! That was definitely an adventure!! If I tell my fiance your story he will appreciate my organizational ethics more now:lol:.  I was overly organized and I actually had him print and take a picture and text me everything he did so i know he has completed it hahahaha. I waited 8 months to schedule an interview, i didn't wanna risk any hiccups along the way.  He now sees a whole different side of me, God bless him!

Edited by Lebanese23

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ayeshacharles said:

Hello everyone 

So my interview was today and I was approved but they are waiting on my medical results to issue the visa. 

I was just wondering I checked my application and it's in administrative processing, is this normal? They do have my passport and I never received a 221g so that's a good thing. 

That's normal. they will not issue to the visa until they see the medical.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
1 minute ago, Lebanese23 said:

That's normal. they will not issue to the visa until they see the medical.

Thank you. I was wondering if I missed something🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈 I hope they get it soon 🌷

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ayeshacharles said:

Hello everyone 

In our case they stated that visa was approved.  Then status stayed "Administrative Processing " for 10 days.  No 221g.  So it is a normal part of the process.  Of course, I worried for 10 days.

Timeline

that was definitely an adventure!! If I tell my fiance your story he will appreciate my organizational ethics more now:lol:.  I was overly organized and I actually had him print and take a picture and text me everything he did so i know he has completed it hahahaha. I waited 8 months to schedule an interview, i didn't wanna risk any hiccups along the way.  He now sees a whole different side of me, God bless him!

I had made check lists.  Everything in the proper folders. Pictures labeled.  I was checking off item on the list with wrong document.  Junrey had mentioned that he had used an existing profile when he completed the visa application.  I didn't think anything of it, especially since his receipt indicated he paid for k1 visa application.  The thing I would have done differently was interview preparation.  I had never seen him so nervous.  We had gone over typical questions, but I would make a more comprehensive list.  He was almost in panic mode at each question and while he speaks English well, that is not where his thought processes are.  CO said "You speak to him in English, I want you to speak to me in English"

34 minutes ago, Ayeshacharles said:

Hello everyone 

There is nothing you can do now but wait. Your missing your medical and they are the ones to receive it from your medical facility. So sit down and relax. Stay busy.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 10/2/2018 at 10:01 AM, EllenE1230 said:

Don't know about that. I haven't been through very much yet after entering. If you just meant POE at the first American airport then you just need to bring the sealed package and your x rays in your carry on :)

Do all embassies provide back the x-ray? I don’t think we got that in the envelope but then again it’s sealed 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
2 hours ago, GHJourney said:

Do all embassies provide back the x-ray? I don’t think we got that in the envelope but then again it’s sealed 

I never gave the Swedish Embassy the x-rays since they weren't asked for. I wouldn't know what would happen if the embassy got them.

6 hours ago, GHJourney said:

The X-rays are either given to you at the conclusion of your medical, at the conclusion of your interview or given to you at your POE. Each Embassy is different. Can't say for sure what you Embassy's policy is. Try asking your question in the sub-forum for your region/embassy.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.