1,939 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, John and Janay said:

Congratulations 🎊🎉!!! 

What questions did they ask? Did they ask for any documents or did you just give them a folder with everything on the letter checklist? Tell us everything lmao 

LOL
They honestly asked us like 5 questions?

1) How did we meet? 

2) how long did we date before marriage

3) Were we married before? Nope

4) Any children before? Nope
5) Verify address (we moved from Texas so they wanted to make sure it was all up to date)

Then they asked my husband the yes/no (are you a criminal) questions. Except IO didn't ask them one by one. He like picked 5 or so and asked those and then that was that.

Then he said "anything else y'all wanna add as evidence?"
I had a stack of stuff for evidence, which I made from the letter checklist (the ones that applied to us). So am like "uhhhhh... do you want anything in particular or like the entire folder?" They took the entire folder.

I brought copies and originals of everything so they took the copies. 

We spent more time for the guy to get his printer working than actually anything else. lol

IO had to make copies of our passports, license, etc

He took our EAD card, gave us a letter telling us about ROC and sent us outta there. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
6 hours ago, emekus94 said:

Hey y'all
We had our green card interview yesterday (Friday). Approved on the spot. Got a notice this morning that card is being produced.
It has been a long and crazy journey as most of you have experienced but we are grateful and thankful Hallelujah- Praise God!

If you have any questions about the interview or what we did, please let me know.

Thank you all for being awesome!

Congrats!!! 🎉

See you like in two years? :) Just joking.... 😎

Timeline
39 minutes ago, ineedadisplayname said:

Congrats!!! 🎉

See you like in two years? :) Just joking.... 😎

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I swear-- I jumped up so much after that mess yesterday. 
The fact that I don't have to log in to check ANYTHING for 18 months is just great.

But I'll be on VJ. Am here everyday :D

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 hours ago, emekus94 said:

LOL
They honestly asked us like 5 questions?

1) How did we meet? 

2) how long did we date before marriage

3) Were we married before? Nope

4) Any children before? Nope
5) Verify address (we moved from Texas so they wanted to make sure it was all up to date)

Then they asked my husband the yes/no (are you a criminal) questions. Except IO didn't ask them one by one. He like picked 5 or so and asked those and then that was that.

Then he said "anything else y'all wanna add as evidence?"
I had a stack of stuff for evidence, which I made from the letter checklist (the ones that applied to us). So am like "uhhhhh... do you want anything in particular or like the entire folder?" They took the entire folder.

I brought copies and originals of everything so they took the copies. 

We spent more time for the guy to get his printer working than actually anything else. lol

IO had to make copies of our passports, license, etc

He took our EAD card, gave us a letter telling us about ROC and sent us outta there. 

That’s awesome. I was wondering if I should make a separate folder to give to them so I’m not fumbling with his VJ binder we have lol. 

Congratulations again! 

We’re a little nervous because John got arrested for drunk in public a few months back but his court date isn’t until February. We’re on edge on what to do because it’s a good chance his charges will be dismissed but worried it’ll delay GC approval. 

Anyone have any experience with this? The lawyer we spoke to said it shouldn’t conflict things but so much depends on the IO that day 

Timeline
1 hour ago, John and Janay said:

That’s awesome. I was wondering if I should make a separate folder to give to them so I’m not fumbling with his VJ binder we have lol. 

Congratulations again! 

We’re a little nervous because John got arrested for drunk in public a few months back but his court date isn’t until February. We’re on edge on what to do because it’s a good chance his charges will be dismissed but worried it’ll delay GC approval. 

Anyone have any experience with this? The lawyer we spoke to said it shouldn’t conflict things but so much depends on the IO that day 

I had four folders

1) original copies of everything

2) Proof of relationship

3) updated affidavit of support (I got a new job and moved)

4) original AOS packet.

So in my case, i just basically gave them the entire packet of proof of relationship when they asked. 

Hope that helps!
As for John- the reality is they MIGHT ask about if he's done anything against the law. If you have anything right now (i.e. court order docs, etc) take them with you. Don't worry about what you can't control. I doubt that's gonna get him GC denied completely.

Please keep us posted on how that interview goes!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/26/2019 at 11:27 AM, emekus94 said:

Hey y'all
We had our green card interview yesterday (Friday). Approved on the spot. Got a notice this morning that card is being produced.
It has been a long and crazy journey as most of you have experienced but we are grateful and thankful Hallelujah- Praise God!

If you have any questions about the interview or what we did, please let me know.

Thank you all for being awesome!

Congrats to you guys!!! I hope you have plans to celebrate this somehow. It really is a big milestone in the journey! Enjoy the break from USCIS 🤣

Timeline
31 minutes ago, naija_glam said:

Congrats to you guys!!! I hope you have plans to celebrate this somehow. It really is a big milestone in the journey! Enjoy the break from USCIS 🤣

Thanks girl!
We are just glad not to monitor timelines anymore. Our EADs took foreverrrrrrrr so we were pretty much sleeping on USCIS website/apps. lol
So not checking anything for a while will be nice :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
8 hours ago, emekus94 said:

Thanks girl!
We are just glad not to monitor timelines anymore. Our EADs took foreverrrrrrrr so we were pretty much sleeping on USCIS website/apps. lol
So not checking anything for a while will be nice :)

Congrats girl... stay in touch.  Very happy for you guys.  

Timeline
2 hours ago, DPP123 said:

Congrats girl... stay in touch.  Very happy for you guys.  

hahahhahaha
U make it sound like am going anywhere... #CueDramaticMusic#

Am staying around, I like VJ.
but Thank you :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

well after 2 weeks we send the papers that they need... RFE.. my status change...  CASE READY  TO BE SCHEDULE FOR AN INTERVIEW... how long im going to wait?  my combo did not change it yet...

SC greer

Edited by lorie L.

Timeline
1 hour ago, lorie L. said:

well after 2 weeks we send the papers that they need... RFE.. my status change...  CASE READY  TO BE SCHEDULE FOR AN INTERVIEW... how long im going to wait?  my combo did not change it yet...

SC greer

Greer is actually one of the faster offices. SO I think you might have a few weeks to like 2 months? 
Hopefully it soon!

Combo card has nothing to do with your local office or the Green card.
Your timeline is wayy overdue on EAD tho. It's past the 6.5 month mark. So I suggest maybe calling USCIS to see what's up?

Edited by emekus94

Timeline
52 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Greer is actually one of the faster offices. SO I think you might have a few weeks to like 2 months? 
Hopefully it soon!

Combo card has nothing to do with your local office or the Green card.
Your timeline is wayy overdue on EAD tho. It's past the 6.5 month mark. So I suggest maybe calling USCIS to see what's up?

they said that if u have rfe ur combo card will get hold also.. that make me sick ugh... so we plan to wait this week then we will call...

ty for the info

On 1/27/2019 at 2:56 PM, emekus94 said:

updated affidavit of support (I got a new job and moved)

Congrats on your approval and thanks for sharing your interview experience!! One question did the IO ask you for your updated affidavit? My interviews next week and we have updated documents but we’re told not to volunteer them over unless the IO asks us the question ‘has anything changed or if you have new jobs’

Timeline

from  " CASE READY  TO BE SCHEDULE FOR AN INTERVIEW " to " INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULE "  took 5 days... 

now i  can tell SC is fast.. how many days i will recieve the letter? 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Ani924 said:

Congrats on your approval and thanks for sharing your interview experience!! One question did the IO ask you for your updated affidavit? My interviews next week and we have updated documents but we’re told not to volunteer them over unless the IO asks us the question ‘has anything changed or if you have new jobs’

Well I volunteered

I saw the case file he had on our case which was from the K1 visa. And am filing ROC later on
So I didn't want anything to hinder my process moving on and I know the affidavit is pretty important to immigration. 

After he asked us basic questions, we had to verify address and there was some confusion because we moved. After we cleared that up, I said "would you want my updated affidavit as well to go with the address change?"
And he said "yes please! that's good to have."
So I just thought it was in my best interest to give those things. Wouldn't want any gaps in our file moving forward. (I would say it probably didn't matter. My income was way sufficient before and it's about the same now so that didn't matter in terms of right now)

But yes- typically the idea people say is don't volunteer unless asked but in this instance, this wasn't something that could hurt me.

And I already had it along with employer letter- no need taking it back with me. Lol

Edited by emekus94

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.