1,939 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
19 hours ago, jebrown194 said:

How long does it take on average to get a tracking number? I’m trying to get one so I can pick mine up as quick as possible so I can’t possibly travel home for a week! 

Is it for your green card or EAD? My green card was sent priority mail on December 10th and I received it the next day. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 11/14/2018 at 5:46 AM, John and Janay said:

Hey guys...got our combo card in the mail yesterday annnnnddddd John’s name is misspelled. Lord help us if we have to wait another 4 months for a replacement card! 

On 11/14/2018 at 10:36 AM, emekus94 said:

I swear-
this has happened more times in the older threads than I can count!

Hang in there girl.

I think the last few I saw were relatively painless to fix. Almost there!

Ok so quick update: After fighting with USCIS about who’s fault it was that his name was spelled incorrectly..we were finally ready to send John’s combo card back to be corrected. Had envelope signed and sealed on the way to the post office and my phone starts exploding with notifications. Emails, text messages, app notifications. Look at my phone and STATUS CHANGED TO INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!!! Yay!!  

We’re in the Washington DC office where processing times were 10-24 months. We definitely weren’t expecting this anytime soon. But we’ll sure take it! 

John was able to find a job. He explained the misspelling and no problems there, but we dared not to travel with it. So we’re home for the holidays. But it’s ok. Staycations aren’t horrible. But Carnival in Brazil has our name written alllllllll over it! 

Thanks everybody for being so positive and upbeat. We were so bummed and I feel sorry for the agents that were on the other end of the phone when I called lol but all is well now. 

All interview tips and tricks are welcomed :) 

On 11/27/2018 at 6:09 PM, Ana Maria said:

Interview today in Charlotte.

Approved!

On the spot.

Finally can relax.....put the process to rest for a while.

Good luck to all!

Happy Holidays

Ana and Joe

@Ana MariaCongratulations Friends!!! So happy for you! 

3 hours ago, Ani924 said:

What! What’s your pd?! Congratulations! That was quick, looks like dc office os moving forward!! We’re in the same field office, keep me updated once you get your interview date ☺️☺️

They’re coming down the pipe! You’re next! 

Edited by John and Janay

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, ttjewell said:

Is it for your green card or EAD? My green card was sent priority mail on December 10th and I received it the next day. 

Yeah its for my EAD. I live pretty close to NBC where they process them. But the woman who delivers our mail to our apartment said that if shes on Christmas break, i could go to the post office and pick it up myself. I live basically on the grounds of a hospital so our mail comes from the mail department in the hospital. I'm just waiting on my status to change to it being mailed, its been two days already. I know it can take longer though.

2 hours ago, John and Janay said:

They’re coming down the pipe! You’re next! 

Omg congrats on your interview! That was quick, good holiday news! Now I’m waiting on our status to update haha 🤗

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all! Has anyone here traveled with the combo card? I will be going home for the holidays with the hubby. Aside from the secondary screening room, what else should I expect? I am planning on bringing my noa’s and marriage certificate along with my passport and combo card. Is there anything else I should bring?

Thanks and happy holidays!!

My AOS/EAD/AP timeline:
7/25/18: PD
8/24/18: Biometrics walk-in (successful)
8/24/18: Request to expedite EAD
8/27/18: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

10/12/18: EAD Card status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

10/13/18: EAD Card Approval Notice dated 10/10/18 received in mail

10/13/18: AP Approval Notice dated 10/10/18 received in mail

Timeline
On 12/21/2018 at 2:32 PM, Ani924 said:

Omg congrats on your interview! That was quick, good holiday news! Now I’m waiting on our status to update haha 🤗

Thanks!!! Keep me updated 😀

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 12/22/2018 at 7:20 PM, lesliem said:

Hi all! Has anyone here traveled with the combo card? I will be going home for the holidays with the hubby. Aside from the secondary screening room, what else should I expect? I am planning on bringing my noa’s and marriage certificate along with my passport and combo card. Is there anything else I should bring?

Thanks and happy holidays!!

For the most part, it seems AP hasn't been a lot of issues for people unless spouse accumulated some out of status time- in which case IO might just ask more questions.

The documents you have seem fine.

Enjoy ur travels!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes i hope everyone had Happy Holidays and Happy New year ! Aug- 9-2018 biometrics received on USCIS site, we still waiting for Employment and Travel approval :( 

We are loving our move from Boston to Orlando Florida. We put in the address change soon as we got here. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, bostonBruce said:

Yes i hope everyone had Happy Holidays and Happy New year ! Aug- 9-2018 biometrics received on USCIS site, we still waiting for Employment and Travel approval :( 

We are loving our move from Boston to Orlando Florida. We put in the address change soon as we got here. 

Update your timeline with your EAD/AP timeline. That will help.

Based on your NOA for AOS, you're an end of July filer (which I assume is when you did travel and employment)

I was a mid july filer and was just approved.

We both seem to be on the slower end of things. Just hang on. It will come

Timeline

Help! Ok, so I have my EAD Combo in the mail and its delivery date is said to be by the 29th. I have a flight booked to go home for the 30th in the morning! Is there anyway i can speed the delivery up? Or has anyone ever experienced it coming sooner than the date it says on the tracking? Just dont want it to be last minute and the post office is shut!

Timeline
7 hours ago, emekus94 said:

Update your timeline with your EAD/AP timeline. That will help.

Based on your NOA for AOS, you're an end of July filer (which I assume is when you did travel and employment)

I was a mid july filer and was just approved.

We both seem to be on the slower end of things. Just hang on. It will come

Don’t know how I missed this announcement lol but CONGRATULATIONS 🎉 

Timeline
13 hours ago, John and Janay said:

Don’t know how I missed this announcement lol but CONGRATULATIONS 🎉 

lol

Thanks my dear

and I didn't announce. lol
I got my approval so much later than anticipated that this thread is already dying. haha

Timeline
17 hours ago, jebrown194 said:

Help! Ok, so I have my EAD Combo in the mail and its delivery date is said to be by the 29th. I have a flight booked to go home for the 30th in the morning! Is there anyway i can speed the delivery up? Or has anyone ever experienced it coming sooner than the date it says on the tracking? Just dont want it to be last minute and the post office is shut!

Nope

Cannot move up delivery. You're dealing with USPS. you should be more worried that they don't misplace it. Lol

If you got notifications, from the time they say the post office picked it up, it takes about 2 days

However, it seems you already got notified. am gonna guess it will be here by the 28th.

Oh- before travelling, make sure you got a combo card. I know a few people that that got messed up on.

Good luck!

and if it does get there in time, safe travels!

Edited by emekus94

Timeline
43 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Nope

Cannot move up delivery. You're dealing with USPS. you should be more worried that they don't misplace it. Lol

If you got notifications, from the time they say the post office picked it up, it takes about 2 days

However, it seems you already got notified. am gonna guess it will be here by the 28th.

Oh- before travelling, make sure you got a combo card. I know a few people that that got messed up on.

Good luck!

and if it does get there in time, safe travels!

By some absolute miracle my card traveled all the way from Knoxville TN to Omaha NE in one night! I now have my card in my hand and a light back home to the UK booked for the 29th. Cant wait!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.