1,446 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, 19wheels said:

california filer here. My package was delivered on the 13th, and this morning, the 24th, my bank shows the funds coming out. I'm hoping this means that the NOA will arrive in the mail within a few days. I'll keep you posted and update my timeline when I've got the NOA

mine was also delivered on the 13th! however, check is still not cashed......

16th April'2016- Sent out the application via UPS to Chicago.
19th April'2016-NOA
22nd April'2016- Checks have been cashed.
21st May'2016- Received Biometric Appointment Letter
23rd May'2016- Successfully Walked In Biometric Appointment
6th June'2016- Request for Expedite EAD
24th June'2016- Expedite EAD case approved
27th June'2016- AP approved
14th July'2016-EAD/AP Combo card received !!!!!!!
1st Sep'2016-Interview -- approved on site
Good luck Everyone! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

I-751 Package sent out on July 10th via Fedex.  

I-751 Received by USCIS on July 11th

I-751 Check Cashed on July 23rd

NOA Received on July 23rd

Should take roughly the same amount of days for everyone.  Good luck.

Edited by YellowHybrid

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yikes,  We're cutting it really close.

Sent package yesterday (7/23) and USPS said delivery on Wednesday 7/25.

If it takes about 2 weeks until NOA1 then im expecting it around 8/7

My wifes green card expires 8/14 

this could go horribly bad for us haha

NOA1- August 7th 2015 ^_^

TSC to PSC- November 10th 2015 :huh:

LOCAL OFFICE- December 2nd 2015 :o

NOA2- February 25th 2016 :D

NVC Stage:

Physical letter received at home address March 17th 2016 (away on business trip)

DS-261 Completed- March 18th 2016

AOS Fee Paid- March 18th 2016

IV Fee Paid- March 26th 2016

IV Application Completed- March 30th 2016

IV and AOS packages sent- May 19th

Interview appointment date received via e-mail- June 2nd (10 business days? how is that even possible?!)

Interview set for June 20th (super short notice!)

VISA DENIED at interview but followed up over email :cry:

VISA ARRIVED 6/30/2016 with no notice of approval over email :pop:

POE Fort Lauderdale 8/15/16 Went smoothly and she's home! :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 minutes ago, imprezaowner27 said:

Yikes,  We're cutting it really close.

Sent package yesterday (7/23) and USPS said delivery on Wednesday 7/25.

If it takes about 2 weeks until NOA1 then im expecting it around 8/7

My wifes green card expires 8/14 

this could go horribly bad for us haha

nevermind, just checked my usps tracking and it was delivered an hour ago. 

lets go processing

NOA1- August 7th 2015 ^_^

TSC to PSC- November 10th 2015 :huh:

LOCAL OFFICE- December 2nd 2015 :o

NOA2- February 25th 2016 :D

NVC Stage:

Physical letter received at home address March 17th 2016 (away on business trip)

DS-261 Completed- March 18th 2016

AOS Fee Paid- March 18th 2016

IV Fee Paid- March 26th 2016

IV Application Completed- March 30th 2016

IV and AOS packages sent- May 19th

Interview appointment date received via e-mail- June 2nd (10 business days? how is that even possible?!)

Interview set for June 20th (super short notice!)

VISA DENIED at interview but followed up over email :cry:

VISA ARRIVED 6/30/2016 with no notice of approval over email :pop:

POE Fort Lauderdale 8/15/16 Went smoothly and she's home! :dance:

7 hours ago, imprezaowner27 said:

nevermind, just checked my usps tracking and it was delivered an hour ago. 

lets go processing

If your service center is Vermont (your profile says you’re in MA) it will take about a week after your packet was delivered to get the noa1

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

hiii people! Sent our package on the 21st. Should arrive tomorrow. I'm worried about the whole address thing. I updated my address last time I moved (Dec 2017) and USCIS still sent the 120-days notice to my last address. I found out that that's just how USCIS does it for some reason, the 120-days Notice always gets sent to the address of the original Green Card. I am wondering if we should fear missing  our NOA1, biometric appointments or RFE? Or do you guys think we'll get everything sent to the right address from now on?

I mail out my I-751 on July 11 ,probably got there somewhere to immigration around Friday or Monday and today on July 25 2018 my check was cash. Hope to receive everything fast. Have a great day and good luck.

1 hour ago, pantonia said:

hiii people! Sent our package on the 21st. Should arrive tomorrow. I'm worried about the whole address thing. I updated my address last time I moved (Dec 2017) and USCIS still sent the 120-days notice to my last address. I found out that that's just how USCIS does it for some reason, the 120-days Notice always gets sent to the address of the original Green Card. I am wondering if we should fear missing  our NOA1, biometric appointments or RFE? Or do you guys think we'll get everything sent to the right address from now on?

Did you do a change of address with the post office ?

2 hours ago, pantonia said:

I'm in the same boat. I even included a printout of my AR-11 confirmation in the package. I would hope they adopt the new address from now on. I changed my address halfway through the i-485 process as well, and eventually did get stuff (EAD, interview notice, GC) at my new address. I filed a COA with the post office as well, so hopefully they will at least forward the NOA1, after which I could file another AR-11, this time with a pending petition.

Timeline
39 minutes ago, jsaechao907 said:

Did you do a change of address with the post office ?

I did, that's why I received the 120-days notice anyway, because USPS forwarded it. But I've read that USPS isn't allowed to forward USCIS mail, so I think when they do is just mail pieces that slip through the cracks. My EAD back in the day, for example, wasn't forwarded by USPS, I had to go pick it up at the previous address.

2 hours ago, pantonia said:

Hey,

Same here we've moved in April and changed my address with USCIS within the same week but somehow my 120 reminder got sent to my old address thank God I did change my address with the post office so they've redirected the letter to my address.

Patience Is A Virtue - [The Beneficiary]

AOS From K1:
Approved 26th of September 2016

ROC:

Approved: 16th August 2019 (July 2018 Filer)

N400

Filed online: November 25th 2019

April 27th 2021: INTERVIEW APPROVED - Officially a US citizen - the End! 

It's off! 200 pages :o (everything but the kitchen sink).

GC expires 10/17/2018

sent via Fedex 7/24/2018

scheduled to arrive 7/26/2018

Timeline
3 minutes ago, DrEllaNJ said:

I'm in the same boat. I even included a printout of my AR-11 confirmation in the package. I would hope they adopt the new address from now on. I changed my address halfway through the i-485 process as well, and eventually did get stuff (EAD, interview notice, GC) at my new address. I filed a COA with the post office as well, so hopefully they will at least forward the NOA1, after which I could file another AR-11, this time with a pending petition.

I filed a COA with USPS and with USCIS every time I've moved, but only some letters from USCIS have been forwarded to me. I think it's because USPS isn't supposed to forward federal mail, so only some letters slip through the cracks? 

But maybe we are ok, maybe they don't really look into what's on their system and they just look at the address on the form submitted? Then we should be fine, with things being sent to the address in the I-751 form...hopefully

I guess if my check gets cashed but I don't receive a NOA within about a week, I'll give them a call to check on address. Crossing my fingers I won't have to though. I moved within town so I hope that saves me if they don't change it themselves...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.