ahinoa

my husband lost his job

32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
16 minutes ago, ahinoa said:

Hi I would like to know the following, my husband has just lost his job and we are waiting for the date of our interview the loss of his work affects our interview?

Do not worry. Since he lost his job after you submitted all the documents it wasn't your husband's fault. Do be honest and let the CO know about it and if possible see if you can gather any co-sponsor in the meantime so you can submit those papers in case the CO asks for it. CO makes the final decision. So don't worry :) 

My timeline

ROC

6-08-20 I-751 Package sent

6-09-20 I-751 Package received 

06-15-20 Received text with receipt number (MSC-XXX)

06-16-20 Check cashed 

07-09-20 Called USCIS to enquire about NOA-1. Was told it was sent on 07-01-20.

07-11-20 Received 18-month extension letter NOA dated 06-30-20

05-03-20 Received Biometric Appointment scheduled for May24th (NY/NJ area)

CR-1

6-16-17 I-130 sent 

6-20-17 received NOA 1 Texas Service Center

1-24-18 NOA 2 approved 

2-23-18 NVC Received my case

3-30-18 Case Number Assigned

4-3-18 Welcome Letter email from NVC

4-4-18 Paid AOS and IV Fees 

4-10-18 Sent AOS package and Civil Documents 

4-11-18 NVC Processed all fees and Completed D260 form 

4-12-18 NVC Received packet 

4-13-18 NVC Scanned all documents

4-25-18 Case Complete at NVC ("At NVC")

4-26-18 Interview Scheduled (I called to find out

4-28-18 Received P4 from NVC

6-15-18 Interview Date! 

221G given on interview

6-26-18 Issued (Finally!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Do you have a joint sponsor?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

This might fall under unless the CO asks you if your husband is still employed, I wouldn't be in a big hurry to bring it up. But CO might ask if he still works, then of course don't lie, say he lost his job a few weeks ago and is looking for another. And like others have said, see if you can find a cosponser as a backup plan.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

1 hour ago, Loren Y said:

This might fall under unless the CO asks you if your husband is still employed, I wouldn't be in a big hurry to bring it up. But CO might ask if he still works, then of course don't lie, say he lost his job a few weeks ago and is looking for another. And like others have said, see if you can find a cosponser as a backup plan.

he already sent all the financial support documents before he lost his job, Today he was fired and it is just when we are waiting for our interview so I wanted to know if later in our interview being without work affects?

3 hours ago, rajeejunie said:

Do not worry. Since he lost his job after you submitted all the documents it wasn't your husband's fault. Do be honest and let the CO know about it and if possible see if you can gather any co-sponsor in the meantime so you can submit those papers in case the CO asks for it. CO makes the final decision. So don't worry :) 

he already sent all the financial support documents before he lost his job, Today he was fired and it is just when we are waiting for our interview so I wanted to know if later in our interview being without work affects?

2 hours ago, Boiler said:

Do you have a joint sponsor?

1 hour ago, Loren Y said:

Esto podría fracasar a menos que la CO le pregunte si su esposo todavía está empleado, yo no tendría mucha prisa por mencionarlo. Pero CO podría preguntar si todavía trabaja, luego, por supuesto, no mienta, digamos que perdió su trabajo hace unas semanas y está buscando otro. Y como otros han dicho, vea si puede encontrar un copatrocinador como plan de respaldo.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just now, ahinoa said:

Like I said you haven't lied so you shouldnt be worried. When the CO asks for his current employment be very clear on when he lost his job and that he is in search of a new one. Your husband may even find one before you actually go to an interview. Don't Worry!!! :) See if you can find a co-sponsor just as a back up. 

My timeline

ROC

6-08-20 I-751 Package sent

6-09-20 I-751 Package received 

06-15-20 Received text with receipt number (MSC-XXX)

06-16-20 Check cashed 

07-09-20 Called USCIS to enquire about NOA-1. Was told it was sent on 07-01-20.

07-11-20 Received 18-month extension letter NOA dated 06-30-20

05-03-20 Received Biometric Appointment scheduled for May24th (NY/NJ area)

CR-1

6-16-17 I-130 sent 

6-20-17 received NOA 1 Texas Service Center

1-24-18 NOA 2 approved 

2-23-18 NVC Received my case

3-30-18 Case Number Assigned

4-3-18 Welcome Letter email from NVC

4-4-18 Paid AOS and IV Fees 

4-10-18 Sent AOS package and Civil Documents 

4-11-18 NVC Processed all fees and Completed D260 form 

4-12-18 NVC Received packet 

4-13-18 NVC Scanned all documents

4-25-18 Case Complete at NVC ("At NVC")

4-26-18 Interview Scheduled (I called to find out

4-28-18 Received P4 from NVC

6-15-18 Interview Date! 

221G given on interview

6-26-18 Issued (Finally!)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ahinoa said:

I feel confused now, my husband just lost his job today and we just wait for the interview, I need to know what there is about this

And I told you in another post.  There should be no confusion now, but if there is, ask a specific question.  The post you translated to Spanish before quoting was directed at the person I responded to.  I also responded directly to your questions.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

15 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Lots of misinformation here.  First, there are no "cosponsors" in spouse visa cases.  You MIGHT need a "joint sponsor" if your husband doesn't find a job before the interview.  More than likely, this is not a question that will be asked at the interview.  If they don't ask, don't volunteer information that he lost his job.  If they ask, tell the truth.  If they do ask, and he hasn't found a new job yet, nothing about his past earnings will get you the visa.  If they ask, and he has no job, there will be no visa until he does, or he submits an affidavit of support from a qualified joint sponsor.

If they don't ask, you have NO PROBLEM.

I feel confused now, my husband just lost his job today and we just wait for the interview, I need to know what there is about this. So if he does not get a job before our interview, can he deny the visa? even though he has already sent the financial support documents?

Timeline
1 minute ago, ahinoa said:

I feel confused now, my husband just lost his job today and we just wait for the interview, I need to know what there is about this. So if he does not get a job before our interview, can he deny the visa? even though he has already sent the financial support documents?

The answer is in the reply you just quoted.  Yes, they can deny the visa.  However, if they do not ask you about his current job, don't mention it and all will be well.  If they do ask, be sure to tell the truth.  At that point, you will need a qualified joint sponsor, OR your husband will need a new job, OR there will be no visa until you have one or the other, a qualified joint sponsor, or a husband with a new job.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
23 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

This is wrong.  Past income will not qualify a sponsor who CURRENTLY has no job.  Please don't speculate.  If you don't know (and clearly you don't) it is far more "helpful" to refrain from responding.  Others who DO know, will be along shortly to offer actual assistance.

ok, my bad, sorry. I should have done a little research. I'm just using my bank statement with about 8-9 times the required poverty level on deposit for the past few years. seemed easier than rounding up tax transcripts and pay stubs. Actually, I don't think I even get a pay stub considering it's all contract work, just a direct deposit or wire transfer when completed.

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions with deposits, identifying the following details
regarding the account:
(1) Date account opened;
(2) Total amount deposited for the past year; and
(3) Present balance.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

A joint sponsor on hand seems good insurance.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

ok, my bad, sorry. I should have done a little research. I'm just using my bank statement with about 8-9 times the required poverty level on deposit for the past few years. seemed easier than rounding up tax transcripts and pay stubs. Actually, I don't think I even get a pay stub considering it's all contract work, just a direct deposit or wire transfer when completed.

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions with deposits, identifying the following details
regarding the account:
(1) Date account opened;
(2) Total amount deposited for the past year; and
(3) Present balance.

Your circumstances don't match the case being discussed.  When your tehn spouse is adjusting status, you STILL have to provide at least one tax return copy or transcript and information from three past tax returns.  YOUR current income from self employment will be stated according to the number on line 22 of your most recent tax return.  Asset information is supplemental and helpful when current income is not enough.

You will also have to provide at least one tax return or transcript and state your current income on an I-134, as part of the visa process.  

That said, you don't need to "research" before answering, for the most part.  Just learn from the answers of others with "experience" and "knowledge".  I'm not "researching" to answer the original question.  I'm answering based on my personal knowledge and experience, and plenty of others here have similar knowledge and experience.  

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.