EmmNM

How did you meet?

71 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 hours ago, JayHouser said:

Met through facebook. It was a random friend request. Her sister had a mutual friend of mine on Facebook. She messaged me wanting to practice english and we talked as friends for the first few months.  I too often worry if this will be a red flag because of the randomness of it. 

I promise you the randomness does not matter as long as your relationship is genuine. I met my fiance on Facebook. We were both added to a group message by someone neither of us knew. It was a random person adding people with the same name to a group message (still no idea why to this day!) so myself, Nicola, and my fiance, Nick got added to this group because we have the same surname. He sent me a friend request, I asked him why he was sending me a friend request (I was a single, fiesty woman!) and we spoke every single day from that day on.

We were approved on the 22nd May and I'm flying out to the US on the 25th August on our approved K1!

1 hour ago, NicolaBolton87 said:

I promise you the randomness does not matter as long as your relationship is genuine. I met my fiance on Facebook. We were both added to a group message by someone neither of us knew. It was a random person adding people with the same name to a group message (still no idea why to this day!) so myself, Nicola, and my fiance, Nick got added to this group because we have the same surname. He sent me a friend request, I asked him why he was sending me a friend request (I was a single, fiesty woman!) and we spoke every single day from that day on.

We were approved on the 22nd May and I'm flying out to the US on the 25th August on our approved K1!

how " Destiny " put " Soulmate " together is sometimes funny and irrational xD

I met J in Heidelberg Fireworks, me asked random people to take pic of us ( bunch of Asian ) lol he helped and we said "Thanks and BYE", then we separated but 2 h later he and his group sit in the same Korean restaurant so we talk and now it's been 7 years since then :D

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We met on a social site called Skyrock.  I was looking for something to blog about and I decided I would blog about meeting people online, when I came across this photo of a man sitting on a beach, so I decided to take a look and was very intrigued with him.  I decided to flirt and say hello and the next day I saw that he had visited my page and was ONLINE at that moment, so I visited his page again and he responded with Hello.  I wasnt looking for a relationship and neither was.  It was not till later in the months that I realized that he and I spoke before on another site but he did not speak English then and we lost contact.  I decided to finally make that trip to Morocco as that was one of the places I had wanted to visit, and I am glad I did.  

Today we are happy with each other and both of our families are happy.  

K1 Visa         DENIED 

Service Center :    California Service  Center
Transferred?        No
Consulate :        Morocco
I-129F Sent :        2017-09-25
I-129F NOA1 :    2017-10-03
I-129F RFE(s) :    2018-04-02; 2018-05-08
RFE Reply(s) :    2018-04-25, 2018-05-22
I-129F NOA2 :    2018-06-04
NVC Received :    2018-06-21
Date Case #, IIN, 
and BIN assigned :    2018-06-21
NVC Left :        2018-07-10
Consulate Received :    2018-07-13
Packet 3 Received :    2018-07-31
Packet 3 Sent :    
Packet 4 Received :    
Interview Date :    2018-09-04    

CR1 Visa         APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
20 hours ago, Tokenfreak said:

We met on a site call date in asia. I hope they don't think bad about this site during are interview.

Omg 😄 same here we also met on dateinasia.. 😄

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
20 hours ago, EmmNM said:

We have two visits. I'm thinking of doing a third. I'm 11 years older and been divorced twice. I know it doesn't look good. We do have both our families support though. 

At least you had a mutual friend. I'm worried it will look like he was hunting for girls online. Good luck!

Honestly, it makes me suspicious.

My husband and I met on a penpal site and I had to block whole continents from being able to send me messages because it was multiple messages a day from men in places like North Africa.  I'm in some language learning groups on Facebook and guess why some of the men are there from that region?  To hit on any woman with the chance of possible securing access to a better country.  It is ridiculously common.

In any case, there was never any suspicion with my husband and I because we are close in age, come from similar countries, etc.  Furthermore, less surprising when you consider that we hold passports to neighboring countries.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Online in a random chatroom back in the old days of MSN Chat.

He was a moderator of the room, I got into an online argument with someone over 9/11 (this was two days after it'd happened), and he mediated it. 

That's how we met.  Him basically seeing me at one of my worst moments personality-wise.

Thank god the IO never asked for the name of the chatroom----would have certainly been embarrassing to say.

When she did ask how we met, I just answered  "online in a random chatroom before it became the 'cool' way to meet people"

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I feel so weird here, because we met in person. :wub: 

We used to work at the same school, both teaching English to kids, me as a local teacher, he as a native speaker. We started as friends, and after almost a year of working together there seemed to be more and more various projects or lessons we had to do together, so naturally we got to talk more, drove closer and realised we are interested in each other, have similar values and dreams and want to spend all of our time together. It was moving fast enough and we started dating, dreaming about starting a family and having kids of our own and other romantic things... 9 month after we started dating he proposed, which wasn't a shock for me, for he would often say that he would marry me one day and that day came eventually. Later we moved to another city, moved in together and are living a happy life now, despite the fact that he had to move back home to find a job so I will get a visa to get married in the US. 

10 hours ago, Mayi & MiMi said:

We met on a social site called Skyrock.  I was looking for something to blog about and I decided I would blog about meeting people online, when I came across this photo of a man sitting on a beach, so I decided to take a look and was very intrigued with him.  I decided to flirt and say hello and the next day I saw that he had visited my page and was ONLINE at that moment, so I visited his page again and he responded with Hello.  I wasnt looking for a relationship and neither was.  It was not till later in the months that I realized that he and I spoke before on another site but he did not speak English then and we lost contact.  I decided to finally make that trip to Morocco as that was one of the places I had wanted to visit, and I am glad I did.  

Today we are happy with each other and both of our families are happy.  

It was like you were destined for each other. Meeting the same person twice is one in a million.

9 hours ago, N-o-l-a said:

Honestly, it makes me suspicious.

My husband and I met on a penpal site and I had to block whole continents from being able to send me messages because it was multiple messages a day from men in places like North Africa.  I'm in some language learning groups on Facebook and guess why some of the men are there from that region?  To hit on any woman with the chance of possible securing access to a better country.  It is ridiculously common.

In any case, there was never any suspicion with my husband and I because we are close in age, come from similar countries, etc.  Furthermore, less surprising when you consider that we hold passports to neighboring countries.

I know where you are coming from. I still get many random hellos from random north African men in my Facebook inbox that I just ignore and delete. I have always kept my eyes and mind open and not just my heart. I can tell he is genuine and his family and mine have been very supportive. 

9 hours ago, Going through said:

Online in a random chatroom back in the old days of MSN Chat.

He was a moderator of the room, I got into an online argument with someone over 9/11 (this was two days after it'd happened), and he mediated it. 

That's how we met.  Him basically seeing me at one of my worst moments personality-wise.

Thank god the IO never asked for the name of the chatroom----would have certainly been embarrassing to say.

When she did ask how we met, I just answered  "online in a random chatroom before it became the 'cool' way to meet people"

LOL. Back before it was cool. That's awesome. :jest:

7 hours ago, LenaT said:

I feel so weird here, because we met in person. :wub: 

We used to work at the same school, both teaching English to kids, me as a local teacher, he as a native speaker. We started as friends, and after almost a year of working together there seemed to be more and more various projects or lessons we had to do together, so naturally we got to talk more, drove closer and realised we are interested in each other, have similar values and dreams and want to spend all of our time together. It was moving fast enough and we started dating, dreaming about starting a family and having kids of our own and other romantic things... 9 month after we started dating he proposed, which wasn't a shock for me, for he would often say that he would marry me one day and that day came eventually. Later we moved to another city, moved in together and are living a happy life now, despite the fact that he had to move back home to find a job so I will get a visa to get married in the US. 

That's a very sweet story.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.