dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview July 2018

786 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Nice thread...  My interview is July 26th. South Africa. 

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 hours ago, Youamii said:

My friend get there apointment in casablanca 07/26

cc on 4/20 

Still waiting for appointment in Casablanca

cc 5/8

hoping for July, but looks like they're already scheduling close to the end of the month

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

@H&H.

Replying to your post in the last month's thread that stated:

"hey did u guys make it to usa ok and what was that process like at airport? i also had a question about receiving visa once approved. my wife tried to sign up for courier service but theres confusion if they will deliver it or u pick it up? do they give u options on how to get the visa/passport once ur approved? thanks!!"

Reply:

We traveled to the states together yesterday through Ettihad Airways and are so happy to finally start a life together alhamdulillah!! For the visa, I am not sure about other cities but when my husband signed up for it and since we are from Islamabad, they emailed him and I think also called him to let him know that his visa was ready to be PICKED UP. I am not sure how if there is an option for delivery or not. I will ask my husband and update you if he knows more. 

The process on airport was a bit tedious for us just to give you a heads up but it all worked out in the end! Since our cases are electronic (pivot) cases, we did not get the immigration packets as I mentioned earlier (since everything is available online). So when we were leaving Pakistan, everyone at the boarding counter and immigration kept asking us for the "yellow immigration file" but we didn't have it so we had to tell them a lot times that they don't give the packet anymore since everything is done online and they were eventually convinced and let us go. 

My husband's immigration was done in Abu Dhabi since we were flying through Ettihad (I would recommend you do the same since it saves you a lot of time once you enter the US). I got stuck in security so my husband reached the immigration counter before me. He showed the immigration officer the passport with visa and officer, again, asked him where is the immigration packet. My husband told him that his case was electronic and didn't receive any such file but the officer insisted and said "no, no, you cannot enter USA without the immigration file." My husband told him my wife is also traveling with me and she has some documents. So the officer told him to go back and come back with the documents and your wife. When I left the security and my husband told me what happened, we were so scared that they might send my husband back. But anyways, we went to the immigration window and we were sent back to the same immigration officer. I showed him the small envelope we had received from courier services and told him "this is all embassy gave us. It had the passport with visa along with instructions for paying $220 immigrant fees. That's it." This is when the immigration officer went "ohhhhh it's one of those cases!!" and he started laughing so hard. He said, "you married a trouble maker! I have never processed one of these cases before so I am sending you to the secondary and they should be able to process your immigration from there." And then he told my husband "you are so lucky to have found such a nice young lady. You take care of her ok?" He was so nice in the whole process. So they took us to the immigration waiting area and we had to wait 3 hours for our turn, which was frustrating but once it was our turn, the immigration officer literally didn't ask a single question. Just told us "congratulations, your immigration is completed. You can now use this visa as a green card temporarily for a year and you should receive your green card in mail soon, etc...." And we were so happy.

The point is... for all those with pivot cases who will not receive immigration packet: do not panic if they start saying oh you must have the immigration file. Just tell them it's an electronic case and have the envelope that embassy gives you with you. It seems like even the immigration officers are still new to the system so they sometimes don't really know about it. Hope this helps! Best of luck for your wife's interview!!! I am sure it will go great! :)

Edited by H-H

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
4 hours ago, Nellybee said:

Hi guys,

So I finally travelled to the US yesterday and got in around 9pm local time. My POE was Newark, I wasn't asked a single question , the Immigration officer took my packet, stamped my passport and welcomed me to the United States. Within 1hr I was done, the only sad part was they took my suya (😭😭😭 , my Nigerian folks would understand) the journey has been a tedious one and I'm so glad to be with my dear hubby. I wish every one success , and my prayers are with you guys. Just hang in there, it would soon be over .

Congratulations! My condolences to you on the loss of your suya! LOL My hubby will be bringing a lot of food stuff when he comes (Just thinking about his pepper soup is making me excited LOL) I'll make sure he is mindful of his packing! All the best to you and yours!

Timeline
1 hour ago, H-H said:

@H&H.

Replying to your post in the last month's thread that stated:

"hey did u guys make it to usa ok and what was that process like at airport? i also had a question about receiving visa once approved. my wife tried to sign up for courier service but theres confusion if they will deliver it or u pick it up? do they give u options on how to get the visa/passport once ur approved? thanks!!"

Reply:

We traveled to the states together yesterday through Ettihad Airways and are so happy to finally start a life together alhamdulillah!! For the visa, I am not sure about other cities but when my husband signed up for it and since we are from Islamabad, they emailed him and I think also called him to let him know that his visa was ready to be PICKED UP. I am not sure how if there is an option for delivery or not. I will ask my husband and update you if he knows more. 

The process on airport was a bit tedious for us just to give you a heads up but it all worked out in the end! Since our cases are electronic (pivot) cases, we did not get the immigration packets as I mentioned earlier (since everything is available online). So when we were leaving Pakistan, everyone at the boarding counter and immigration kept asking us for the "yellow immigration file" but we didn't have it so we had to tell them a lot times that they don't give the packet anymore since everything is done online and they were eventually convinced and let us go. 

My husband's immigration was done in Abu Dhabi since we were flying through Ettihad (I would recommend you do the same since it saves you a lot of time once you enter the US). I got stuck in security so my husband reached the immigration counter before me. He showed the immigration officer the passport with visa and officer, again, asked him where is the immigration packet. My husband told him that his case was electronic and didn't receive any such file but the officer insisted and said "no, no, you cannot enter USA without the immigration file." My husband told him my wife is also traveling with me and she has some documents. So the officer told him to go back and come back with the documents and your wife. When I left the security and my husband told me what happened, we were so scared that they might send my husband back. But anyways, we went to the immigration window and we were sent back to the same immigration officer. I showed him the small envelope we had received from courier services and told him "this is all embassy gave us. It had the passport with visa along with instructions for paying $220 immigrant fees. That's it." This is when the immigration officer went "ohhhhh it's one of those cases!!" and he started laughing so hard. He said, "you married a trouble maker! I have never processed one of these cases before so I am sending you to the secondary and they should be able to process your immigration from there." And then he told my husband "you are so lucky to have found such a nice young lady. You take care of her ok?" He was so nice in the whole process. So they took us to the immigration waiting area and we had to wait 3 hours for our turn, which was frustrating but once it was our turn, the immigration officer literally didn't ask a single question. Just told us "congratulations, your immigration is completed. You can now use this visa as a green card temporarily for a year and you should receive your green card in mail soon, etc...." And we were so happy.

The point is... for all those with pivot cases who will not receive immigration packet: do not panic if they start saying oh you must have the immigration file. Just tell them it's an electronic case and have the envelope that embassy gives you with you. It seems like even the immigration officers are still new to the system so they sometimes don't really know about it. Hope this helps! Best of luck for your wife's interview!!! I am sure it will go great! :)

oh wow im happy everything went ok in the end and thanks for the info. i really wish they would give something that would show them we dont need packet. thanks again and all the best starting ur neew life :)

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tmendoza said:

@Hypekicks that really sucks! I havent really heard from anyone on here that's been given a july appointment for ciudad Juarez. But our day is coming!!!!

There has been a few I have seen that got interviews in CDJ, with cc from the end of Feb beginning March. If you guys don't get interviews this time around I'm positive you will the next round. The wait sucks! I guess we just have to be patient, more time to prepare I guess :unsure:

Got an e-mail from NVC today exactly one week after submitting the documents (May 25th), to re-upload a document and upload a new one (w2 form). Very fast replay. I was not expecting it to be in 1 week. We are close to get our case complete, I assume. Submitting the documents today again! Fingers crossed. Pivot case!

Interview Schedule: 8th July 2018 - US Embassy Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Case Complete on 15 May

IR-1 - Nebraska Service Center - Embassy - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

• 08/08/2017 - Sent I-130 Application
  • 08/11/2017 - I-130 Accepted
  • 08/11/2017 -  NOA-1 via Email
  • 02/28/2018 - I-130 Approved
  • 03/06/2018 - Case Sent to NVC
  • 03/14/2018 - Package Received By NVC
  • 04/21/2018 - Case Assigned & Invoice ID
  • 04/24/2018 - Filed DS 261
  • 04/26/2018 - Welcome Letter Received
  • 04/30/2018 - AOS fee status - PAID
  • 05/01/2018 - IV fee status - PAID
  • 05/02/2018 - Completed DS-260
  • 05/07/2018 - Documents Mailed to NVC
  • 05/10/2018 - NVC Received Documents ( SD )
  • 05/15/2018 - Case Completed - ( CC )
  • 06/01/2018 - Interview Schedule For 07/08/2018
  • 07/08/2018 - VISA APPROVED

___________________________________________________________________________________

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, H&H. said:

oh wow im happy everything went ok in the end and thanks for the info. i really wish they would give something that would show them we dont need packet. thanks again and all the best starting ur neew life :)

Please update your timeline, it would help others. Let us know how interview goes. Best of luck. 

6 hours ago, H&H. said:

have interview in 2 days so hopefully this month will be our last thread

lol. I am hopeful for you too, but you still have to come back and help those still waiting. We are all family now. I feel like I know yall as strange as that may sound. My husband's visa has been approved and here I am, still here. :) Hug! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Success to everyone 

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.