dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview July 2018

786 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, vistajones said:

Just called nvc :)

cc 5/23

interview 7/31 Jakarta consulate.

I think the eid holiday making them schedule at the end of the month? Either way, we're super happy.

We haven't received our cc email yet. Does it means we got checklists and need to bring more documents to the interview?

Quick tip: call them in the last hour before midnight EST. No elevator music :)

Got ours in Jakarta for July 24! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nellybee said:

Hi guys,

So I finally travelled to the US yesterday and got in around 9pm local time. My POE was Newark, I wasn't asked a single question , the Immigration officer took my packet, stamped my visa and welcomed me to the United States. Within 1hr I was done, the only sad part was they took my suya (😭😭😭 , my Nigerian folks would understand) the journey has been a tedious one and I'm so glad to be with my dear hubby. I wish every one success , and my prayers are with you guys. Just hang in there, it would soon be over .

Yaayyy! Thank God. Finally!! 

I didn't even bother carrying any foodstuffs except roasted Isam (periwinkle) for my hubby bcs he can't do without it ooh. I was surprised they let me through with it. 

Welcome sis, and thank God for Journey mercies. Enjoy your new life! 

5 minutes ago, Matthew N Durango said:

Got ours in Jakarta for July 24! 

Hey ive been trying to get a hold of you. :)

When was your cc? I saw in your other post that they wanted you to bring W-2 even though you've submitted it? Did they tell you that along with the appointment letter? or in a separate email?

10/27/2012 got married

2 dogs n 5 cats later....

➺ 03/28/2017 I-130 Sent

➺ 04/3/2017  NOA-1

------------------------a whoping 261 days later

➺ 12/20/2017 NOA-2 Date

➺ 01/02/2018 Case sent to NVC

==============================NVC======================================

➺ 01/23/18 Case number and IIN assigned! 

➺ 01/25/18 DS-261, choice of agent  filled 

➺ 01/26/18 AOS bill invoiced

➺ 01/27/18 AOS paid 

➺ 02/01/18 IV bill invoiced and paid

➺ 02/07/18  DS-260 completed and submitted

➺ 05/11/18 AOS and IV packages sent (EMS from Indonesia)

➺ 05/16/18 IV and AOS package delivered to NVC

➺ 05/23/18 Got CC at NVC!  

=============================EMBASSY=====================================

➺ 05/31/18  Interview date assigned 

➺ 06/29/18 Medical Check (a week later the RS.Premier Bintaro sent the result to US Embassy)

➺ 07/31/18  interview!-- CEAC showed "Issued" a day later

➺ 08/03/18 Visa in hand

➺ 12/16/18 Point of entry: Houston

1 minute ago, vistajones said:

Hey ive been trying to get a hold of you. :)

When was your cc? I saw in your other post that they wanted you to bring W-2 even though you've submitted it? Did they tell you that along with the appointment letter? or in a separate email?

Separate email, sent before case complete, requested the W2 be brought to the interview. Was told case complete in April, but the cc email was sent May 10.

3 minutes ago, Matthew N Durango said:

Separate email, sent before case complete, requested the W2 be brought to the interview. Was told case complete in April, but the cc email was sent May 10.

I see. We haven't got our cc email yet. Received the interview appointment letter today. Finger crossed no checklist follows. 

10/27/2012 got married

➺ 03/28/2017 I-130 Sent

➺ 04/3/2017  NOA-1

➺ 12/20/2017 NOA-2 Date

➺ 01/27/18 AOS paid 

➺ 06/29/18 Medical Check (a week later the RS.Premier Bintaro sent the result to US Embassy)

➺ 08/03/18 Visa in hand

28 minutes ago, Nellybee said:

Hi guys,

So I finally travelled to the US yesterday and got in around 9pm local time. My POE was Newark, I wasn't asked a single question , the Immigration officer took my packet, stamped my passport and welcomed me to the United States. Within 1hr I was done, the only sad part was they took my suya (😭😭😭 , my Nigerian folks would understand) the journey has been a tedious one and I'm so glad to be with my dear hubby. I wish every one success , and my prayers are with you guys. Just hang in there, it would soon be over .

YAAAAAYYYYY WELCOME!!!!!

How were you able to get suya into the plane? Or do you mean kilishi?

9 minutes ago, vistajones said:

I see. We haven't got our cc email yet. Received the interview appointment letter today. Finger crossed no checklist follows. 

I think you are in the clear, it seems that document requests to bring to the interview always come before the interview is scheduled. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
1 hour ago, vistajones said:

Update:

Hey guys I just got my interview invitation letter. Been reading it up and down, I don't see any checklist/missing documents anywhere. It's just an invitation.

So if you haven't got your cc email, doesn't mean something is wrong. Some people just won't get it.

The fact that I got the email from "askNVC" making me think that calling them is a good idea.

Good luck guys. Hopefully we get lots of good news today.

AWESOME!!! Congratulations! I’m happy for you guys!!

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Peachess said:

Yaayyy! Thank God. Finally!! 

I didn't even bother carrying any foodstuffs except roasted Isam (periwinkle) for my hubby bcs he can't do without it ooh. I was surprised they let me through with it. 

Welcome sis, and thank God for Journey mercies. Enjoy your new life! 

Thanks hon. Yeah they don't have a problem with any food item apart from meat. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Eye said:

YAAAAAYYYYY WELCOME!!!!!

How were you able to get suya into the plane? Or do you mean kilishi?

Thank You!!! My hubby loves suya like crazy and made me buy almost 8k worth. So annoying they didn't let me go with it.

2 minutes ago, Mv&Sh said:

AWESOME!!! Congratulations! I’m happy for you guys!!

Thank you I'm super excited. Good luck on your interview. And happy packing afterwards. lol. 

10/27/2012 got married

➺ 03/28/2017 I-130 Sent

➺ 04/3/2017  NOA-1

➺ 12/20/2017 NOA-2 Date

➺ 01/27/18 AOS paid 

➺ 08/03/18 Visa in hand

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nellybee said:

Hi guys,

So I finally travelled to the US yesterday and got in around 9pm local time. My POE was Newark, I wasn't asked a single question , the Immigration officer took my packet, stamped my passport and welcomed me to the United States. Within 1hr I was done, the only sad part was they took my suya (😭😭😭 , my Nigerian folks would understand) the journey has been a tedious one and I'm so glad to be with my dear hubby. I wish every one success , and my prayers are with you guys. Just hang in there, it would soon be over .

Congratulations dear. You can now finally sleep without the sound of a generator. Lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.