Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, designguy said:

EB3s are currently under a ban and no visa can be issued for this category. I wouldn't expect this category to open up for the remainder of the year, and the outcome of the election will have a big impact 

Yeah I've been following on the EOs but it seems that it's just the issuance that's being stopped not the process itself as some other visas that were part of the ban are also getting some process since the EO has been announced? 
Completely understand that the greencard won't be issued but was hoping to see some progress on the process if anyone has any update :). 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Folks, Did anyone in this group get an interview for employment based immigrant visa in past month or two? Based on October data from department of state, visa Issuances for Montreal, there are number of folks that did have an interview - see screenshot below. I understand there was a ban until December for green card processing but it seems that might have been lifted based on the visa issuance number for Montreal.

I'd appreciate if someone that got interview letters recently give us an update or had their interview cancelled due to COVID can give an interview update.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/OCTOBER 2020 - IV Issuances by FSC and Visa Class.pdf

image.png.4b74701a12b8f4e5a920de421f0af763.png

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/FY2000 app D.pdf

image.png.534307bc36aaa47efa9fc8082e5eb25e.png

Edited by topman

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, topman said:

Folks, Did anyone in this group get an interview for employment based immigrant visa in past month or two? Based on October data from department of state, visa Issuances for Montreal, there are number of folks that did have an interview - see screenshot below. I understand there was a ban until December for green card processing but it seems that might have been lifted based on the visa issuance number for Montreal.

I'd appreciate if someone that got interview letters recently give us an update or had their interview cancelled due to COVID can give an interview update.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/OCTOBER 2020 - IV Issuances by FSC and Visa Class.pdf

image.png.4b74701a12b8f4e5a920de421f0af763.png

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/FY2000 app D.pdf

image.png.534307bc36aaa47efa9fc8082e5eb25e.png

Hi - I don’t think the numbers tell a proper story about what goes on. For example - as noted yesterday, VJ members only had 5 CR1/IR1 interviews for October,  yet the stats showed quite a higher number actually issued; VJ members normally have a higher percentage of the overall number. As well, you’ll see on the stats for immigrant visas that Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic issued over 200 CR1/IR1 visas that same month, yet the consulate isn’t even open. If you have a lawyer, perhaps they would be able to find out some information?  If you’re speaking about the proclamation/visa ban by the current president, it doesn’t apply to Canadians - as you’ll see by the K1 movement here, yet the consulates are only working non-immigrant visas on an emergency basis, for whatever reason.  

Thanks, Cath&Claire for the update. I was referring to employment-based permanent Immigrant visas Ban from June 22 till end of December. This thread is specific to Montreal post, employment-based permanent resident applicants.  I believe immediate relatives and close relatives are exempt from the ban.

Did anyone from EB2, EB3 green card categories get an interview letters in last few months? If yes, what was your close complete(CC)/Documentarily qualified(DQ) dates?

https://immigrationforum.org/article/president-trumps-proclamation-suspending-immigration/

Folks, I am new here. Amazing amount of information and experience have been shared - Kudos!

Going by the latest chart posted here by topman, looks like there were decent amount of activity in EB cases last month.

My country of birth is India, my documentation was complete in Jan 2019 and since Sept '20 my priority date is current (EB1 India). Have been waiting for quite sometime now, wondering how long it will take for the consulate to schedule interview.

When does normally interviews get scheduled? Has anyone recently got the interview scheduled?

7 hours ago, PradSim said:

Folks, I am new here. Amazing amount of information and experience have been shared - Kudos!

Going by the latest chart posted here by topman, looks like there were decent amount of activity in EB cases last month.

My country of birth is India, my documentation was complete in Jan 2019 and since Sept '20 my priority date is current (EB1 India). Have been waiting for quite sometime now, wondering how long it will take for the consulate to schedule interview.

When does normally interviews get scheduled? Has anyone recently got the interview scheduled?

Unfortunately, no one can predict when will Montreal/NVC schedule interviews for us. I'm wondering if  @Pasand or @Espineapple  can shed some light? Their interviews were cancelled in March cause of COVID closure. I'm wondering if they got rescheduled?

From what I've read on this forum, interviews are scheduled once a month - Usually in the third week of the month, on a Monday or Tuesday. Here is an incredible FAQ document that folks from IR/CR have created. Some of the notes are not applicable to employment based visa category but still useful read for vaccinations, interview schedule, police certificates etc.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/edit

11 hours ago, topman said:

Unfortunately, no one can predict when will Montreal/NVC schedule interviews for us. I'm wondering if  @Pasand or @Espineapple  can shed some light? Their interviews were cancelled in March cause of COVID closure. I'm wondering if they got rescheduled?

From what I've read on this forum, interviews are scheduled once a month - Usually in the third week of the month, on a Monday or Tuesday. Here is an incredible FAQ document that folks from IR/CR have created. Some of the notes are not applicable to employment based visa category but still useful read for vaccinations, interview schedule, police certificates etc.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/edit

yeah, mine got cancelled in March (EB2) and still no updates. I tried to re-schedule myself (on the portal), but apparently there is still no openings available. probably we'll have to send them an email asking for updates on our cases 

15 minutes ago, PradSim said:

Thanks topman, Pasand for the updates! 

Yes, it's quite unpredictable and candidly frustrating when we don't have enough data points or information. Hope your interview will get re-scheduled soon .. But in the meantime, sending email to Montreal consulate asking about case date is a good idea.

Yes, I agree. I would also call NVC customer service support, in addition to emailing Montreal consulate, to find out when they are planning to reschedule cancelled interviews due to COVID. Hopefully, you can get an answer soon. 

We all want some clarity to this indefinite frustrating process.

Edited by topman

I reached out to Montreal Consulate last week, they have replied to day - thought of sharing that with you guys. 

They have very categorically said, US Consulate isn't processing any EB1 case now, as these aren't mission critical. US Consulate is focusing on certain mission-critical immigrant visa categories, including some family related visas, certain medical professionals, and certain aliens providing temporary labor or services essential to the United States food supply chain, as well as cases involving an applicant who may age out of his or her visa category. And in-effect Presidential Proclamation has impacted issuance of certain visa types.  

Hopefully, things will start moving forward soon as we embark on the month December!

• 5 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.