Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, Waiver 2019/2020 said:

Hello Guys

I have a question and hope you help me

I have an approved I-140 based on NIW

My paper is still with NVC and US embassy at Montreal is the place where the NVC should transfer my paperwork to 

I am done paying the fee and submitting the DS-260

My question is, how to I submit the the civil documents to the NVC? My CEAC doesn't have any place for uploading civil documents, so I am assuming that this may be reserved for family based immigration

So, how did you guys send your documents? using this address

National Visa Center
Attn: CMR/DR
31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

or the NVCElectronic@state.gov email address?

Further, if you sent your civil documents, did you include any photos and how many? I am asking because the document cover sheet I received with NVC welcome package didn't list any photos

Looking forward to your answers

Thanks

I sent my docs by mail to NVC. you can confirm the address by calling NVC.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No photos at all. Based on my readings and research, I decided to send the photocopies of the following docs only...
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Passport main page
- Police Certificates from India & Canada

~~

Timeline
A recent response from MTL post:

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for contacting us.
Presidential Proclamations 10014 and 10052 (PP10014 and PP10052) suspends visa issuance for some immigrant visa types. Mission-critical immigrant visa categories include applicants who may be eligible for an exception under presidential proclamation PP10014 such as: IR/CR1, IR/CR2, IR/IH-3, IR/IH-4, SQ, SI, certain medical professionals, and certain aliens providing temporary labor or services essential to the United States food supply chain, as well as cases involving an applicant who may age out of his or her visa category.  
PP10014 is currently set to expire on March 31, 2021. We will be able to resume issuing such cases when it expires. For more information, please visit https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/extension-of-presidential-proclamations-10014-and-10052.html 
Regards,

OP03

Consular Correspondence Unit | Immigrant Visa

U.S. Consulate General

Montreal, Canada

1 hour ago, dskar said:

Thanks for sharing this amazing new development. I'm hoping at least folks that had their interviews cancelled in March can get interviews rescheduled soon and waiting for new interview letters to go out, next month.

It will be interesting to see if any of the EB categories get interview letters in March. From the consulate's response, it sounded like immigrant visa ban and COVID were the contributing factors. So now that the ban is lifted, hoping that consulate processing mission critical services did not mean EB visa still don't qualify. 

20 hours ago, topman said:

Thanks for sharing this amazing new development. I'm hoping at least folks that had their interviews cancelled in March can get interviews rescheduled soon and waiting for new interview letters to go out, next month.

It will be interesting to see if any of the EB categories get interview letters in March. From the consulate's response, it sounded like immigrant visa ban and COVID were the contributing factors. So now that the ban is lifted, hoping that consulate processing mission critical services did not mean EB visa still don't qualify. 

I would think that there is no more mission critical, given the ban is lifted, and everything should be back to normal. Otherwise the lift of ban is meaningless.

Long backlog for sure. But I doubt the backlog is any longer than the day before the ban in March 2020. Reason is that as soon as the ban was imposed, I would assume that NVC did stop processing any cases, so everything would be stuck at the NVC.

anyway, I just hope Montreal Consulate maintain the same queue. So we all have some idea where we stand.

The biggest question is : are they going to resume normal IV service immediately? at the normal speed as before COVID? or at the low speed at excuse of COVID? 

at least, the light is seen on the other end of tunnel now.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Stephenc111 said:

I would think that there is no more mission critical, given the ban is lifted, and everything should be back to normal. Otherwise the lift of ban is meaningless.

Long backlog for sure. But I doubt the backlog is any longer than the day before the ban in March 2020. Reason is that as soon as the ban was imposed, I would assume that NVC did stop processing any cases, so everything would be stuck at the NVC.

anyway, I just hope Montreal Consulate maintain the same queue. So we all have some idea where we stand.

The biggest question is : are they going to resume normal IV service immediately? at the normal speed as before COVID? or at the low speed at excuse of COVID? 

at least, the light is seen on the other end of tunnel now.

can anyone starting a spreadsheet so that we can see where we are in the queue. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.