Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Shenn110 said:

Finally my case has been transferred to Montreal consulate from Islamabad. Can anyone please shed some light on how long it is taking to get an interview date?

Thank you.

With a CC/DQ of June 28, 2019 assuming your PD is still current it shouldn't be long now.  Unless the transfer itself causes other unknown delays.  Good luck!
image.thumb.png.a5a4a56d1a2a2e6e891e2acb630bd998.png

Edited by CycleSS

Timeline
18 hours ago, Espineapple said:

Not us. We are still waiting. Btw, our CC date is Sept 16 not 9th. It's not that big of a difference anyway. Hope we can all receive it this month!

Thanks for letting us know.  I corrected the spreadsheet with the correct date.

On 1/18/2020 at 2:36 PM, CycleSS said:

Hopefully February will bring our IL's.  It is what it is and in reality we are just a small percentage of people waiting in this process.

true:( Hopefully they will get more EBs done this month!

On 2/5/2020 at 9:25 AM, CycleSS said:

Has anyone received any good news from the NVC this week?  IL's seem to come in the first week of the month from looking at the past good news.  Really hoping that this is the lucky month.

nothing yet;(

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Stephenc111 said:

How do we get the appointment letter? by email or by mail?

By email as they did for the document review (case complete)
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview.html

Edited by CycleSS

Finally got thru the process. My CC date was June 26 2019. Got an IL on January 9 2020, interview scheduled Febuary 4 @8.30. Arrived to the consulate at 8, the security guard turned me back and said to be back exactloy at 8.30. I showed up again at 8.30 and was second in line. Once entered, got the number , went thru security and did wait for another 15 minutes to be called for the documents check up. The actual interview was around 10 am and took about 10 minutes. The VO was very nice, asked few questions about the job and location, verbally approved  my visa and gave a green sheet.

CEAC status and passport delivery:

Feb 4 8am interview: CEAC status Ready

Feb 4 around 1pm: CEAC status Issued (with text about administrative processing)

Feb 5 around 1 pm: CEAC status Issued (your visa is in final processing, if you have not received it in 5 working days go to this link...)

Feb 6 4 pm: Email indicating shipping label is created. CEAC status is still in same state (ISSUED: your visa is in final processing...)

Feb 7: 9 am: Package is on a delivery truck

Feb 7: 12.20 Received the package

Good luck to all guys 😃

Edited by Norderilman

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Yu&Do said:

Hello, I’m still hoping that the IL could come today but do you think theres a low chance of IL coming this month? It’s strange not to see anyone who got EB3 letter this month:/

I have to stay optimistic.  That said the known folks on EB visas reporting are very few on visajourney so we can only predict off of what we know.  There are no July and August case complete listed here so it is sadly not surprising to not hear from anyone who received interview letters this month.  Keep the hope alive....

Edited by CycleSS

Timeline
13 hours ago, Norderilman said:

Finally got thru the process. My CC date was June 26 2019. Got an IL on January 9 2020, interview scheduled Febuary 4 @8.30. Arrived to the consulate at 8, the security guard turned me back and said to be back exactloy at 8.30. I showed up again at 8.30 and was second in line. Once entered, got the number , went thru security and did wait for another 15 minutes to be called for the documents check up. The actual interview was around 10 am and took about 10 minutes. The VO was very nice, asked few questions about the job and location, verbally approved  my visa and gave a green sheet.

CEAC status and passport delivery:

Feb 4 8am interview: CEAC status Ready

Feb 4 around 1pm: CEAC status Issued (with text about administrative processing)

Feb 5 around 1 pm: CEAC status Issued (your visa is in final processing, if you have not received it in 5 working days go to this link...)

Feb 6 4 pm: Email indicating shipping label is created. CEAC status is still in same state (ISSUED: your visa is in final processing...)

Feb 7: 9 am: Package is on a delivery truck

Feb 7: 12.20 Received the package

Good luck to all guys 😃

Congratulations Norderilman, glad to see you had a quick turn around in the interview process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.