Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Did everyone see the March Visa Bulletin?  EB3 is not current for Final Action.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2020/visa-bulletin-for-march-2020.html

Edited by CycleSS

2 hours ago, CycleSS said:

Did everyone see the March Visa Bulletin?  EB3 is not current for Final Action.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2020/visa-bulletin-for-march-2020.html

Yes it’s quite nerve wracking that its not staying as c...!

Would this mean that our process will be even more delayed though? Or is it okay since we are already in the middle of process?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Yu&Do said:

Yes it’s quite nerve wracking that its not staying as c...!

Would this mean that our process will be even more delayed though? Or is it okay since we are already in the middle of process?

Hi, I can not speak for you as I do not know if your priority date is before 01JAN2017 but I can certainly say that is has derailed us for the foreseeable future.  Based on the below cut and paste from the March Visa Bulletin I would say we are derailed to at least the next fiscal year (October 2020) unless some miracle happens. :(

D.  OVERSUBSCRIPTION OF THE WORLDWIDE, EL SALVADOR, GUATEMALA, HONDURAS, MEXICO, AND PHILIPPINES EMPLOYMENT-BASED THIRD AND THIRD OTHER WORKER PREFERENCE CATEGORIES

As readers were advised in item E of the February Visa Bulletin, there continues to be an extremely high rate of demand for Employment Third (E3) and Third Other Worker (EW) numbers, primarily for USCIS adjustment of status applicants. Therefore, pursuant to the Immigration and Nationality Act, it has been necessary to impose E3 and EW final action dates for the month of March.

The March final action date is 01JAN17 and is being imposed immediately for all future requests for numbers.  This action will allow the Department to hold worldwide number use within the maximum allowed under these FY 2020 annual limits.  No forward movement of this date is expected in the foreseeable future. 

On 6/4/2018 at 10:01 AM, FERBOS said:

Hi all,

I still have no updates on my interview date. Case closed on April 10th, category E3. Consulate in Montreal.

I called NVC today and they are still booking interviews for July.

Las month I sent a request for an expedited interview but it was denied. I am extremely stressed :(

My case was completed on July 23 on EB3 category and we are still waiting for interview in Montreal. Did u get ur date for interview?

Timeline
10 hours ago, Angel25 said:

My case was completed on July 23 on EB3 category and we are still waiting for interview in Montreal. Did u get ur date for interview?

Based on their previous posts their interview was 8/31/2019 and they were approved.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, Angel25 said:

Thank you for the update. Finally ,I got my interview date today!!!! for March 18.

Congratulations! It is encouraging news

30 minutes ago, Stephenc111 said:

Thanks for good news. Finally it is moving.

How did you get the appointment letter? By email?

Yea, it was via email

On 2/22/2020 at 5:17 AM, CycleSS said:

Based on their previous posts their interview was 8/31/2019 and they were approved.

2 hours ago, CycleSS said:

Great news, congrats.  Curious, what is your priority date?

It was dec 2007

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.