Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

On 11/22/2019 at 8:10 PM, mlml19 said:

Hi Can2us, would you mind following up on your GC arrival date when it arrives? Thanks your timeline summary really helps to set expectations.

Hi I hope you still read message on this forum.

My case is, my son apply for follow-to-join, on my EB-2 GC. He got approval of I-824 on 9/3/2019, and NVC Document qualified on 11/13/2019. Still waiting for the interview notice

Just wonder what was your milestone on I-824 approval and NVC DQ?

or any other persons in similar catagory, please kindly share your experience 

Thanks,

hello experts,

My EB-2 case was approved but at interview time they assigned the case to embassy in Islamabad (Pakistan) my home country even though i had filed before hand to get my interview done in Montreal Canada because i am a permanent resident there. 

My lawyer has filed a request online and also paper to Islamabad embassy to transfer my case to Montreal back in October 2019. 

Does anyone here have a similar experience and knows how long it will take to get a reply or case transferred? 

we haven't heard anything from Islamabad embassy since.

Thank you.

13 hours ago, Stephenc111 said:

Hi I hope you still read message on this forum.

My case is, my son apply for follow-to-join, on my EB-2 GC. He got approval of I-824 on 9/3/2019, and NVC Document qualified on 11/13/2019. Still waiting for the interview notice

Just wonder what was your milestone on I-824 approval and NVC DQ?

or any other persons in similar catagory, please kindly share your experience 

Thanks,

I'm also a follow to join case for my principal beneficiary being the EB category. My duration from I-824 approval to DQ is pretty similar to yours (from 2019 march to 2019 may -- about 2 months). the interview date, unfortunately, is solely determined by the your DQ date (only conditional on your PD being current at the time of interview scheduling. Your PD will NOT affect your interview date unless the visa quota is filled up AND visa bulletin date retrogresses AND the date becomes gradually but not instantly current, in which case it might help earlier PDs as only they will be current in that time period.) The visa bulletin retrogressed last year (around July ish? Look through this forum if you're keen) so my DQ was early May but the interview was early Dec (7 mth wait). I think without retrogression I would've got my date about 2-3months early.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 hours ago, Yu&Do said:

Happy new year to everyone!
Question to everyone in Canada, did anyone get any contact from MTL regarding the interview?

Still nothing for us, now hoping for a March interview letter.  Will be in the 5-6month timeframe from case complete.  Fingers crossed.

9 hours ago, mlml19 said:

I'm also a follow to join case for my principal beneficiary being the EB category. My duration from I-824 approval to DQ is pretty similar to yours (from 2019 march to 2019 may -- about 2 months). the interview date, unfortunately, is solely determined by the your DQ date (only conditional on your PD being current at the time of interview scheduling. Your PD will NOT affect your interview date unless the visa quota is filled up AND visa bulletin date retrogresses AND the date becomes gradually but not instantly current, in which case it might help earlier PDs as only they will be current in that time period.) The visa bulletin retrogressed last year (around July ish? Look through this forum if you're keen) so my DQ was early May but the interview was early Dec (7 mth wait). I think without retrogression I would've got my date about 2-3months early.

Thank you for sharing!

On 1/15/2020 at 7:51 AM, CycleSS said:

Still nothing for us, now hoping for a March interview letter.  Will be in the 5-6month timeframe from case complete.  Fingers crossed.

yes, Fingers crossed!

seems like someone with cc sept 12 2019 got interview letter at Jan 14 and interview schedule on Feb 21 from EB3, Canada!

Hopefully we will get our interview letter next month in Feb, what do you think?

It's really hard waiting for this now that I am getting ready quit my job..!

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Yu&Do said:

yes, Fingers crossed!

seems like someone with cc sept 12 2019 got interview letter at Jan 14 and interview schedule on Feb 21 from EB3, Canada!

Hopefully we will get our interview letter next month in Feb, what do you think?

It's really hard waiting for this now that I am getting ready quit my job..!

Assuming you are referencing jp178686 they are not EB they are a IR-1/CR-1 (based on their posts but it is still encouraging to see appointments for anyone with a CC in September 2019!

1 hour ago, CycleSS said:

Assuming you are referencing jp178686 they are not EB they are a IR-1/CR-1 (based on their posts but it is still encouraging to see appointments for anyone with a CC in September 2019!

oh I see :(

It's very strange that there is no information about anyone who has received anything from MTL in January.

Hopefully we hear something during February..!

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.