Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, sadee said:

How was your interview? Did you get email regarding passport delivery?

It went well! As I mentioned - this was 'follow-to-join', so it was actually my wife interviewing to 'join' my EB2 case. She arrived at the consulate around 6:45 for an 8:00 interview, and she was actually first in line. Once they opened the building up, she was out in about 20 mins. Apparently they barely asked her any questions. Basically what my name was, what my phone number was, and maybe one other question. At that point they informed her that she was approved!

Regarding CEAC status and visa delivery, these were the high level updates:

Oct 15 8am interview: CEAC status Ready

Oct 15 5pm (approx): CEAC status Issued (with text about administrative processing)

Oct 16 12pm (approx): CEAC status Issued (your visa is in final processing, if you have not received it in 5 working days go to this link...)

Oct 17 10:30am: Email indicating visa has been delivered (to Winnipeg). CEAC status is still in same state (ISSUED: your visa is in final processing...)

Oct 21: Paid IV fee, received IOE number that is used to track status on USCIS site

Nov 2: POE at YWG airport (straight forward, took 20-30 mins)

Today: Still waiting for SSN and GC. CEAC status still says issued, and USCIS site (with IOE number) still just says that IV fee was paid

1 minute ago, can2us_ said:

It went well! As I mentioned - this was 'follow-to-join', so it was actually my wife interviewing to 'join' my EB2 case. She arrived at the consulate around 6:45 for an 8:00 interview, and she was actually first in line. Once they opened the building up, she was out in about 20 mins. Apparently they barely asked her any questions. Basically what my name was, what my phone number was, and maybe one other question. At that point they informed her that she was approved!

Regarding CEAC status and visa delivery, these were the high level updates:

Oct 15 8am interview: CEAC status Ready

Oct 15 5pm (approx): CEAC status Issued (with text about administrative processing)

Oct 16 12pm (approx): CEAC status Issued (your visa is in final processing, if you have not received it in 5 working days go to this link...)

Oct 17 10:30am: Email indicating visa has been delivered (to Winnipeg). CEAC status is still in same state (ISSUED: your visa is in final processing...)

Oct 21: Paid IV fee, received IOE number that is used to track status on USCIS site

Nov 2: POE at YWG airport (straight forward, took 20-30 mins)

Today: Still waiting for SSN and GC. CEAC status still says issued, and USCIS site (with IOE number) still just says that IV fee was paid

Thanks for update. My interview was done on Nov 12, got verbal approval and ceac status shows issued with AP note. Still same update in CEAC. Is it normal? Will it take 2 weeks to get passports back?

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 7.31.05 PM.png

4 minutes ago, sadee said:

Thanks for update. My interview was done on Nov 12, got verbal approval and ceac status shows issued with AP note. Still same update in CEAC. Is it normal? Will it take 2 weeks to get passports back?

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 7.31.05 PM.png

Through my reading of the forums, I've certainly seen situations where it takes that long (or longer). But for us, all I can say is that it was fast and took a couple of days. But it did go through the same CEAC status that you see (although it transitioned out of it within 24 hours).

Hello, 

Our interview went well, we also received verbal approval and ceac status is same as sadee currently. Did not receive an email, just a sheet which gives a link to a website where you can check processing status. CSRA Visa Information service website, same place where you registered your interview with the consulate. It still shows current status as appointment on that website, so looks like nothing has been updated yet. Consular officer also told us we would receive our passports back in two weeks. I am hoping it is sooner than that but at this point after such a long journey it is just such a relief to have been approved, and after all we have waited what is another week or two?

I will post here if I receive an email and update once I receive my passport. 

3 hours ago, elcampesino said:

Hello, 

Our interview went well, we also received verbal approval and ceac status is same as sadee currently. Did not receive an email, just a sheet which gives a link to a website where you can check processing status. CSRA Visa Information service website, same place where you registered your interview with the consulate. It still shows current status as appointment on that website, so looks like nothing has been updated yet. Consular officer also told us we would receive our passports back in two weeks. I am hoping it is sooner than that but at this point after such a long journey it is just such a relief to have been approved, and after all we have waited what is another week or two?

Thank you, please update. Some people got passports back in 2 days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, sadee said:

Thank you, please update. Some people got passports back in 2 days.

Hi Sadee! What do you see on your visa status at the moment? What date is the last update? 

I saw a K1 interview date Nov 6 and only got the passport with visa yesterday. 

Edited by KartineeKartoons

27 minutes ago, KartineeKartoons said:

Hi Sadee! What do you see on your visa status at the moment? What date is the last update? 

I saw a K1 interview date Nov 6 and only got the passport with visa yesterday. 

I still see last update Nov 12 same as interview date with "issued status" with AP processing note under. I sent an email yesterday to consulate.

Timeline
20 hours ago, sadee said:

I still see last update Nov 12 same as interview date with "issued status" with AP processing note under. I sent an email yesterday to consulate.

I havent seen anyone who had their interview at new location last week got their passport with visa back. Any news on yours?

Timeline
22 hours ago, sadee said:

Mine changed today from AP to receiving it in 5 days. I went for interview last Monday 8:30am

4 minutes ago, KartineeKartoons said:

Mine changed today from AP to receiving it in 5 days. I went for interview last Monday 8:30am

Did you go for interview on Nov 18?

On 11/19/2019 at 5:34 AM, elcampesino said:

Hello, 

Any update?

Timeline
20 minutes ago, sadee said:

Did you go for interview on Nov 18?

Any update?

Yes I did.

Interview Nov 18 at 8:30 but actual interview happened 12:06 because there were too many applicants. 

On my way home, I checked 3:40pm and it says ISSUED with administrative processing note under it. 

It has been like that even when I checked this morning. And around 12 noon, one person in our group posted that his status changed so I went to see if there is any change for me and now it says ISSUED with note about receiving it in 5 days. 

8 minutes ago, KartineeKartoons said:

Yes I did.

Interview Nov 18 at 8:30 but actual interview happened 12:06 because there were too many applicants. 

On my way home, I checked 3:40pm and it says ISSUED with administrative processing note under it. 

It has been like that even when I checked this morning. And around 12 noon, one person in our group posted that his status changed so I went to see if there is any change for me and now it says ISSUED with note about receiving it in 5 days. 

Mine is still same, What I should do?

8 minutes ago, KartineeKartoons said:

Yes I did.

Is there any phone number to call them and ask?

Timeline
1 hour ago, sadee said:

Mine is still same, What I should do?

Is there any phone number to call them and ask?

At this point, all you can do is wait. Hopefully before this week ends you get a new update.

18 minutes ago, elcampesino said:

No change for me. Still says issued with admin processing note underneath.

When was your interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.