Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

no updates over here yet either, still same status.  

Anyone have any info about what to expect once the packet is received and we then cross into USA at POE? Anyone who can speak from experience here having done green card through consular in Canada? Is there another interview at this point? What kind of questions do they ask? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/20/2019 at 2:28 PM, sadee said:

Nov 12

Nov 18 12:06pm -interview

NOV 18 3:45pm - ISSUED (ap) 

Nov 20  at noon - ISSUED (receive 5 business days) 

Nov 21 1:17pm - tracking number e-mail

Nov 22 10:18am -pick up email ( I live in midtown Toronto) 

Passport with visa, another welcome letter and original police clearances in hand 2pm today! 🙌🏽

I hope your AP will move soon guys! Good luck everyone!  🙏🏽

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, KartineeKartoons said:

Nov 18 12:06pm -interview

NOV 18 3:45pm - ISSUED (ap) 

Nov 20  at noon - ISSUED (receive 5 business days) 

Nov 21 1:17pm - tracking number e-mail

Nov 22 10:18am -pick up email ( I live in midtown Toronto) 

Passport with visa, another welcome letter and original police clearances in hand 2pm today! 🙌🏽

I hope your AP will move soon guys! Good luck everyone!  🙏🏽

Congratulations!

On 11/18/2019 at 12:58 PM, can2us_ said:

It went well! As I mentioned - this was 'follow-to-join', so it was actually my wife interviewing to 'join' my EB2 case. She arrived at the consulate around 6:45 for an 8:00 interview, and she was actually first in line. Once they opened the building up, she was out in about 20 mins. Apparently they barely asked her any questions. Basically what my name was, what my phone number was, and maybe one other question. At that point they informed her that she was approved!

Regarding CEAC status and visa delivery, these were the high level updates:

Oct 15 8am interview: CEAC status Ready

Oct 15 5pm (approx): CEAC status Issued (with text about administrative processing)

Oct 16 12pm (approx): CEAC status Issued (your visa is in final processing, if you have not received it in 5 working days go to this link...)

Oct 17 10:30am: Email indicating visa has been delivered (to Winnipeg). CEAC status is still in same state (ISSUED: your visa is in final processing...)

Oct 21: Paid IV fee, received IOE number that is used to track status on USCIS site

Nov 2: POE at YWG airport (straight forward, took 20-30 mins)

Today: Still waiting for SSN and GC. CEAC status still says issued, and USCIS site (with IOE number) still just says that IV fee was paid

Hi Can2us, would you mind following up on your GC arrival date when it arrives? Thanks your timeline summary really helps to set expectations.

9 hours ago, mlml19 said:

Hi Can2us, would you mind following up on your GC arrival date when it arrives? Thanks your timeline summary really helps to set expectations.

Sure - will do. 

It has been 3 weeks from my wife’s entry and we haven’t yet received the SSN or GC. On Tuesday (2.5 weeks since entry), we called the SSN office and she wasn’t even in the system yet. We called again yesterday and she has been assigned a number and we should be receiving the card soon. 
As for the GC, no signs yet. The IOE status still just says “fee paid”

10 hours ago, can2us_ said:

Sure - will do. 

It has been 3 weeks from my wife’s entry and we haven’t yet received the SSN or GC. On Tuesday (2.5 weeks since entry), we called the SSN office and she wasn’t even in the system yet. We called again yesterday and she has been assigned a number and we should be receiving the card soon. 
As for the GC, no signs yet. The IOE status still just says “fee paid”

What was it like once the packet was received and crossing over for first time at POE? Was there an interview or just secondary inspection and stamping passport? 

Anyone else with experience have info about what to expect?

1 minute ago, elcampesino said:

What was it like once the packet was received and crossing over for first time at POE? Was there an interview or just secondary inspection and stamping passport? 

Anyone else with experience have info about what to expect?

Just a secondary inspection. My wife got pulled into the side room for about 20 minutes while they processed the documents. There were no additional questions, just fingerprints and some waiting while they processed everything. 

On 6/18/2019 at 7:37 AM, NB90 said:

Hi all—

Just wanted to get advice from people who have had their interviews recently and received their passports back. My husband and I had our interview in Montreal on June 3 and as I had mentioned it was approved and we were handed the green “welcome to America” sheet and told our passports will be ready in 2 weeks max. It has now almost been 3 weeks and the CEAC status still shows administrative processing and no sight of our passports. We’ve been living in the US since 2016 on various non immigrant visas (TN, L1A, H1B) and had a valid 5 year H1-B when we went in for our interview. My question is do you think it’s worth requesting our passports back as clearly our file has been sent into some form of secondary security clearance? I read somewhere that once the immigrant visa is verbally approved, all other non immigrant US visas are canceled effective immediately, even if your case goes into secondary processing.

If someone has experienced this, please share your experience—we’re super concerned!

Thanks a lot 

Hi NB90, My interview was done on Nov 12, verbally approved and got green sheet "welcome to America", that day itself CEAC status changed to "issued" and VO told will get passports in 2 weeks. But still I do not see any status change in CEAC, same status. What to do?

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 7.31.05 PM.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.