Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, CycleSS said:

Hi Shurix, I have no delusions about the wait time.  I was curious about Man2Man's range even if my original comment stated at least 5 months.  The folks like you that just got interviews were well above the 4-6 months, sigh (and congrats).  Here is hoping that wait is not for the rest of us still waiting.  I just wish (like everyone) that there was some semblance of knowledge to the mysteries of the process.

There is no mystery to the process. Everyone has to wait for their turn. I was unlucky to get my case completion delayed until the end of April. When the time came for me to get my interview scheduled at the end of July, NVC has ran out of visas for 2019 fiscal year. At the end of July they sent out an email that all current dates are falling back to 1-June-2018. And I had to wait along with the other folks until NVC gets a new batch of 240,000 EB visas in October for the next fiscal year. For me personally it was just bad timing and bad luck.

On 11/29/2019 at 9:35 AM, vRace said:

I think your lawyer is being overly scared.

Once they stamp the GC on you passport for a year, you are officially a GC holder. They cannot question you intent as you can always defend that you are disposing of property and stuff.

I think it's a common thing to get the stamping done at border POE and go back. I did that and never had any issues.

Did you come back to Canada on the same day after they stamped I551? When you landed in USA later, did they ask you any question like why you entered US and went back on the same day? Which airport you landed the second time? Please answer.

18 minutes ago, sadee said:

Did you come back to Canada on the same day after they stamped I551? When you landed in USA later, did they ask you any question like why you entered US and went back on the same day? Which airport you landed the second time? Please answer.

Once again ...............

I drove to the Sweet grass border AB/MT and presented the border agents the packets and told them i came for the 1st entry. They sent me inside and another officers processed it within 20 mins. That is it. They don't care if you go back or front. It's common to drive to the border for stamping and go back. This is where you are officially a permanent resident and you can enter and exit whenever as you like.

I went back to Canada right away within 30 mins. I actually got pulled in by the Canadians officer and i had to explain everything on why i was at the border.

I drove to US again from the Lynden border BC/WA with my US plated car and towing another US plated car and both full will stuff till the roof. No issues, other than the officer making sure these cars are mine.

Since you do not have a GC yet, just say you just got the permanent residency and the visa is stamped in the passport and you are moving.

Edited by vRace

30 minutes ago, vRace said:

Once again ...............

I drove to the Sweet grass border AB/MT and presented the border agents the packets and told them i came for the 1st entry. They sent me inside and another officers processed it within 20 mins. That is it. They don't care if you go back or front. It's common to drive to the border for stamping and go back. This is where you are officially a permanent resident and you can enter and exit whenever as you like.

I went back to Canada right away within 30 mins. I actually got pulled in by the Canadians officer and i had to explain everything on why i was at the border.

I drove to US again from the Lynden border BC/WA with my US plated car and towing another US plated car and both full will stuff till the roof. No issues, other than the officer making sure these cars are mine.

Since you do not have a GC yet, just say you just got the permanent residency and the visa is stamped in the passport and you are moving.

Thanks

Timeline
11 hours ago, shurix said:

There is no mystery to the process. Everyone has to wait for their turn. I was unlucky to get my case completion delayed until the end of April. When the time came for me to get my interview scheduled at the end of July, NVC has ran out of visas for 2019 fiscal year. At the end of July they sent out an email that all current dates are falling back to 1-June-2018. And I had to wait along with the other folks until NVC gets a new batch of 240,000 EB visas in October for the next fiscal year. For me personally it was just bad timing and bad luck.

Thanks Shurix, completely forgot to factor in the retrogression for the delays some had.  Glad your journey is done.

22 hours ago, CycleSS said:

The below is all we have for statistics.  No idea how close to real it is since we have no idea about how many EB's are in the queue (except for those that posted in forums like this).  I have been waiting for 2.5 months and think it will be at least another 2.5 months before I enter the US Consulate in Montreal :(

image.png.d2cde0e31cc136bd3d164710901a5f2e.png

Thanks, CycleSS

The below is all we have for statistics.  No idea how close to real it is since we have no idea about how many EB's are in the queue (except for those that posted in forums like this).  I have been waiting for 2.5 months and think it will be at least another 2.5 months before I enter the US Consulate in Montreal :(

Thanks, CycleSS

Thanks, CycleSS

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/6/2019 at 3:18 PM, shurix said:

My IV status has changed to Issued - Final Processing.

Man2Man - has your IV status changed?

@shurix @Man2Manhow long after "Issued - Final Processing" did you get e-mail notification confirming that your passport was shipped?

Thanks!

Timeline
11 minutes ago, fcabrales said:

@shurix @Man2Manhow long after "Issued - Final Processing" did you get e-mail notification confirming that your passport was shipped?

Thanks!

I went for my interview on Monday and my status changed to Final Processing on Wednesday. I got the email with the tracking number on the following Monday and received my package on Wednesday 

Hey @shurix , Yeh ! Same process here too. I received the Passport from Canada post with the Package.

Meanwhile, I was trying to move my house hold good's from Canada to the States -  came to understand that I would not be able to move with the current visa on the passport.

Thx to @vRace s' advice on the experience he had on the border. It really helped me to run to the POE with confidence.  

So I went a the buffalo POE. They stamped a date for 1 year. Came back on the same day (in few hours) ! This will allow me to move my goods to the States now.

Hello everyone,

I have been getting a lot of helpful information from VJ and I wanted to ask if anyone had a recent experience regarding EB3 interview or getting an interview letter?

My priority date was 12-OCT-18 and my CC was 26-SEP-19.

Any information from anyone who has heard from the Montreal consulate regarding EB3 would be greatly appreciated..!

Thank you in advance!:)

Timeline
On 12/20/2019 at 10:11 PM, Yu&Do said:

Hello everyone,

I have been getting a lot of helpful information from VJ and I wanted to ask if anyone had a recent experience regarding EB3 interview or getting an interview letter?

My priority date was 12-OCT-18 and my CC was 26-SEP-19.

Any information from anyone who has heard from the Montreal consulate regarding EB3 would be greatly appreciated..!

Thank you in advance!:)

Thanks for sharing your information Yu&Do, I am in the exact scenario as you.  my PD is current and CC was 26-SEP-19.  Heres hoping February is our lucky month.

On 12/22/2019 at 8:23 AM, CycleSS said:

Thanks for sharing your information Yu&Do, I am in the exact scenario as you.  my PD is current and CC was 26-SEP-19.  Heres hoping February is our lucky month.

Thank you CycleSS.

Is December finished with scheduling? 

I read that the scheduling is usually 9th to 15th so I'm guessing it is going to start again on January?

I hope everyone will get their letter by January so that the process will be done by February!

Edited by Yu&Do

Timeline
5 hours ago, Yu&Do said:

Thank you CycleSS.

Is December finished with scheduling? 

I read that the scheduling is usually 9th to 15th so I'm guessing it is going to start again on January?

I hope everyone will get their letter by January so that the process will be done by February!

From past responses they book the interview for EB cases in the first week of the month.  Unless there is a Holiday miracle, January is absolutely out of the question at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.