Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, elcampesino said:

Yep, I received an email from courier service around 11AM this morning. Shouldn't be long now for your case, not sure how it works since you were interviewed before me. Luck of the draw I guess. 

I received reply from consulate saying in one or two days.  So hopefully by tomorrow or Thursday I will get an update. Thanks 

12 hours ago, elcampesino said:

Yep, I received an email from courier service around 11AM this morning. Shouldn't be long now for your case, not sure how it works since you were interviewed before me. Luck of the draw I guess. 

Finally received email and passports on the way back 

What did everyone's packets look like when they received them? Mine have like cheap scotch tape across the seal in the envelope. There are some stamps across the seal but one of my envelopes is pretty much open. It looks like the like and stick seal was never used and there is just a single piece of tape on horizontally. Should I be worried? I have not opened the envelope, this is how I received it. I am afraid officer at POE will think I opened it and taped it shut. Why would they use tape and not just lick and stick it?

3 hours ago, elcampesino said:

What did everyone's packets look like when they received them? Mine have like cheap scotch tape across the seal in the envelope. There are some stamps across the seal but one of my envelopes is pretty much open. It looks like the like and stick seal was never used and there is just a single piece of tape on horizontally. Should I be worried? I have not opened the envelope, this is how I received it. I am afraid officer at POE will think I opened it and taped it shut. Why would they use tape and not just lick and stick it?

Luckily mine is good, not opened. I think just send an email to them (Montreal), so it is an evidence.

On 7/27/2019 at 12:10 PM, vRace said:

Carway border is very small and they were having internet connection issues.

I went to Sweet Grass border. Its bigger and faster. 

But is "First IN First OUT". Be there before 8AM in the morning and you will be the 1st one to be processed and be done in 30 mins.

If you go later on in the day, you will have to wait couple of hours before your turn.

Hi I have few questions, I like to cross the sweet grass border, what all questions they would ask? Is it O.K to come back on the same day back to Alberta? I am going to fly to Florida in January, want my kids to finish their school year here in Canada. How long they can be out of United States continuously after they entered once? Please let know.

2 hours ago, sadee said:

Hi I have few questions, I like to cross the sweet grass border, what all questions they would ask? Is it O.K to come back on the same day back to Alberta? I am going to fly to Florida in January, want my kids to finish their school year here in Canada. How long they can be out of United States continuously after they entered once? Please let know.

My lawyers said not to. Technically, once they stamped on your passport at POE, you're LPR even without the green card but if you exit the country a very short period after POE and re-enter without GC, you may be questioned about your intention to permanently live in the US. This suspicion will be greater if you land and leave the US on a single day especially. Again, technically you're LPR with you passport without GC but they may question your intention heavily and LPR status can be revoked. My lawyers' advice was, the best is to stay in the US until your GC arrives and re-enter next time with GC. At least stay in the US for some significant amount of time if you have to reenter with your passport without GC. 

2 hours ago, mlml19 said:

My lawyers said not to. Technically, once they stamped on your passport at POE, you're LPR even without the green card but if you exit the country a very short period after POE and re-enter without GC, you may be questioned about your intention to permanently live in the US. This suspicion will be greater if you land and leave the US on a single day especially. Again, technically you're LPR with you passport without GC but they may question your intention heavily and LPR status can be revoked. My lawyers' advice was, the best is to stay in the US until your GC arrives and re-enter next time with GC. At least stay in the US for some significant amount of time if you have to reenter with your passport without GC. 

Thank you for valid information. I have another question, for now me and wife will enter US since our job starts on Jan 6. But our visa expiry date is April 21, 2020,  6 months from the medical. So we have to come back and get kids from Canada to US before their visa expires. My concern is will we get green cards before their visa expires, totally stressed and confused. I sent an email to USCIS also to clarify it. If they allow me and wife without green card to reenter, then no problem. But I do not want to take any risk.

15 hours ago, sadee said:

They didn't ask anything to me at the border. They just processed it and done and asked if i had any questions.

You can come back to Canada right away if you want.

You will have 1 year stamping on the passport and if you didn't get the GC, i think you have to enter within 1 year.

13 hours ago, mlml19 said:

I think your lawyer is being overly scared.

Once they stamp the GC on you passport for a year, you are officially a GC holder. They cannot question you intent as you can always defend that you are disposing of property and stuff.

I think it's a common thing to get the stamping done at border POE and go back. I did that and never had any issues.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, sadee said:

Thank you for valid information. I have another question, for now me and wife will enter US since our job starts on Jan 6. But our visa expiry date is April 21, 2020,  6 months from the medical. So we have to come back and get kids from Canada to US before their visa expires. My concern is will we get green cards before their visa expires, totally stressed and confused. I sent an email to USCIS also to clarify it. If they allow me and wife without green card to reenter, then no problem. But I do not want to take any risk.

sadee, I don't know why you want to keep your kids in Alberta during the winter instead of taking them to Florida with you right away...

My oldest is in grade 8 right now and I want him to go to school in US as soon as we get our green cards. This will give him a great head start for high school next year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.