Eric-Pris

90 Day Fiance -- season ??? [merged threads]

2,971 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
Just now, Falcon Cara said:

https://www.ssa.gov/ssi/

Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is a Federal income supplement program funded by general tax revenues (not Social Security taxes):

blue ball It is designed to help aged, blind, and disabled people, who have little or no income; and
blue ball It provides cash to meet basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter

You can never work or pay Social Security Taxes and collect SSI

How do we know she's never worked?

I'm just going by what SHE said on the show. She brought it up with the FA at the bank. It's not that important to me lol I don't care either way - she's still out of her mind, supplement income or not.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

1 minute ago, Eric-Pris said:

His mother is supposedly a lawyer. 

And yet they are "harvesting the American dollar."   LOL

1 minute ago, Paul & Mallory said:

How do we know she's never worked?

I'm just going by what SHE said on the show. She brought it up with the FA at the bank. It's not that important to me lol I don't care either way - she's still out of her mind, supplement income or not.

on the show she had just quit her job to go to India and went to see her FA.  Seemed like maybe she worked in theme park or something like that.

ChickBoy

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Well he certainly doesn't appear to want to act like a "head of household."  His wife is pregnant and he is too proud to accept a job with her dad, nor does he want to do the job he trained for.  I don't think he has any work ethic.

Exactly.

His high and mighty "this is my responsibility, not yours" speech holds zero water, based on his actions. That entry job with truck driving as a REALLY good job, for someone in his position. And he was stupid to not at the VERY ABSOLUTE LEAST consider taking it. His wife is pregnant, for crying out loud, and literally unable to pay bills by herself. My husband would flip burgers if he had to, to make ends meet. So would I.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

7 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

If he decides to stay in DR,  how will he continue to pay for the beautiful apartment he bought for his family?

it was mentioned when he arrived and saw the new living quarters that he was buying it

if he goes back to Chantel and the US, it will only be for money to continue this farce

Pedro is no fool, he has a good gig going on.  Once he can get Chantel working as a RN he can send much more money home.  Pedro is not going to stay in DR, did you see how excited he got when he learned if he divorces Chantel he can stay in the USA. 

ChickBoy

Timeline
1 minute ago, Falcon Cara said:

on the show she had just quit her job to go to India and went to see her FA.  Seemed like maybe she worked in theme park or something like that.

Right. Once you retire and are no longer working, you can collect SSI. I know this, because both of my parents are preparing to apply themselves, as they are nearing retirement.

Regardless, she is not going to be financially prepared for moving there. I didn't catch whether or not she has any sort of retirement (I don't think so), but her general savings alone is not going to be enough. Even if she COULD pull SSI while living over there, it's usually not that very much, especially for an independent person. My grandmother only got a boost in her SSI when my granddad passed away, and his ceased to continue, which still wasn't that much.

Håll ut, y'all.

4 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

And yet they are "harvesting the American dollar."   LOL

His family is your typical 3rd world parasites, always wanting money and items.  They can never be satisfied, They will come up with excuses for always needing more money.  

ChickBoy

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Falcon Cara said:

Pedro is no fool, he has a good gig going on.  Once he can get Chantel working as a RN he can send much more money home.  Pedro is not going to stay in DR, did you see how excited he got when he learned if he divorces Chantel he can stay in the USA. 

Which is why I'm so shocked that his family is so keen on him divorcing her now and coming back home. If he leaves her and goes back to the DR, that income he's funneling to them ends.

Håll ut, y'all.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just now, Falcon Cara said:

didn't catch that part 

surprises me some of these USC's don't go postal

and makes my life look so good

but this program really gives the K1 a bad name

and they think immigration doesn't see this program?

1 minute ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Right. Once you retire and are no longer working, you can collect SSI. I know this, because both of my parents are preparing to apply themselves, as they are nearing retirement.

Regardless, she is not going to be financially prepared for moving there. I didn't catch whether or not she has any sort of retirement (I don't think so), but her general savings alone is not going to be enough. Even if she COULD pull SSI while living over there, it's usually not that very much, especially for an independent person. My grandmother only got a boost in her SSI when my granddad passed away, and his ceased to continue, which still wasn't that much.

SSI if for people who really never were able to work like blind or mental retardation, etc.

Your parents are planning on collecting SS which you can start at age 62 or draw your full retirement at age 65. You can go out on SS Disability at any age and collect, but all those are based on what you paid into the SS system.

As her FA said she doesn't have enough money saved to barely buy a used car, she is delusional.

ChickBoy

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Exactly.

His high and mighty "this is my responsibility, not yours" speech holds zero water, based on his actions. That entry job with truck driving as a REALLY good job, for someone in his position. And he was stupid to not at the VERY ABSOLUTE LEAST consider taking it. His wife is pregnant, for crying out loud, and literally unable to pay bills by herself. My husband would flip burgers if he had to, to make ends meet. So would I.

this is another looser

my family lives so far from me i had to do all this alone

this man should be grateful for any job

and that the father is willing to help and accept him (even  though he can see the idiot for what he is)

and jobs are not hard to find 

Adil came September 5th and had his job by end of November starting December 4th 

Edited by adil-rafa

11 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Which is why I'm so shocked that his family is so keen on him divorcing her now and coming back home. If he leaves her and goes back to the DR, that income he's funneling to them ends.

Maybe they want him to come back and find another US wife.  Right now Pedro can manipulate Chantel pretty good, but her family is another story.  Maybe they want him to find a new one where he can manipulate the whole family.

I remember they said his mother had a role in a company that matched US Citizens up with DR people

It maybe their retirement plan for the DR.

ChickBoy

Timeline
12 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

this is another looser

my family lives so far from me i had to do all this alone

this man should be grateful for any job

and that the father is willing to help and accept him (even  though he can see the idiot for what he is)

and jobs are not hard to find 

Adil came September 5th and had his job by end of November starting December 4th 

I will say it's not as easy for everyone. It all depends on where you live, the person's experience, etc. My husband was certainly not as fortunate as yours. But in this case, it IS easy for Andrei, he's been offered multiple opportunities at this point when you factor in the offer from Elizabeth's dad. It's crazy. If they weren't struggling, maybe it wouldn't seem so bad. If they'd been able to live off Elizabeth's income only pretty well, giving him an opportunity to be picky. But that isn't the case, either. She can't even afford to move into a new apartment. Which makes her just as stupid as he is - she's the one stuck with all the finances right now, and I feel like she should have stood up to him on that a little bit more. If the money isn't there, it isn't there. She doesn't want her borrowing money from her dad, but continues to put her in positions where she needs help, because her husband is certainly not helping.

Håll ut, y'all.

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

I will say it's not as easy for everyone. It all depends on where you live, the person's experience, etc. My husband was certainly not as fortunate as yours. But in this case, it IS easy for Andrei, he's been offered multiple opportunities at this point when you factor in the offer from Elizabeth's dad. It's crazy. If they weren't struggling, maybe it wouldn't seem so bad. If they'd been able to live off Elizabeth's income only pretty well, giving him an opportunity to be picky. But that isn't the case, either. She can't even afford to move into a new apartment. Which makes her just as stupid as he is - she's the one stuck with all the finances right now, and I feel like she should have stood up to him on that a little bit more. If the money isn't there, it isn't there. She doesn't want her borrowing money from her dad, but continues to put her in positions where she needs help, because her husband is certainly not helping.

nope not easy for a lot but sometimes a person like this man needs to accept any job offer / he has a baby on the way/ even a mcdonald's job would help /  take the work offered and keep looking for better work 

but this man doesn't seem to be looking for work

and his attitude towards his wife is less than respectable 

she says " we're having a baby" and he says "don't bring that up in my face"

i move out and back in with my dad 

1 hour ago, Paul & Mallory said:

... she's the one stuck with all the finances right now, and I feel like she should have stood up to him on that a little bit more. If the money isn't there, it isn't there. She doesn't want her borrowing money from her dad, but continues to put her in positions where she needs help, because her husband is certainly not helping.

I think the guy is very intimidating.  He looks like a stereotypical Eastern European drunk physical abuser type.  I mean we saw him drinking a beer for breakfast the other week.  I know a little about it because I was born and grew up in Eastern Europe, and saw how the men pronounce themselves as the head of the family/breadwinner, and don't take well to being challenged or stood up to.  But the difference is that they usually are hard working, except if they are a bad alcoholic, then they just blow all their money on booze.  Andrei doesn't seem like much of a go-getter.  Basically, men expect to have the final say in all things related to the family.  And I've heard of husbands hitting their wives in that culture, had a a few in my close family.    She may be scared of him because he has already demonstrated his temper a few times by the way he snaps at her, or when he warns her not to make him angry in that soft, calm before the storm, kind of voice and the look he gives her like when they went baby clothes shopping.