Mark1985

My wife served me anullment

33 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone.  I'm here in usa 4 month ago I  came here with cr1 visa .My wife is American citizen . Before I came to usa I was planning  to have kids with my wife and having good peaceful  life together but I think it just dreams  because  the Drama started when I get there in usa ..... and I figured out  that my wife and her mother is only looking for  money 

I was  living with my wife and my mother in law in her house . Since  I came here my wife and my mother in law treating  me soooooo bad and always  yelling and shouting  and cursing  at me for no reasons they taken and spent all my money that I bring it from my country .They taking all my salary  and my wife withdraw  my salary too because she is on my account  they always  taking advantage of me because I don't have car and I dont know how to drive too .she told me many time go back to your country  and  she dont want me  talking to my family  or my friends on my cell phone I asked her many  times  to getting baby but she said no  .. .  I left the house 12 days ago because I can't take it anymore  my wife served  me anullment at my work and the anullment  ground is

1) at the time of the marriage she was mentally  unstable and unwearable of our culture 

2) since I came here we don't  have sex 

3) I used her to get the green card and I'm fraud. 

which all are not true and she is liar.  

p.s 

Before  me and my wife getting  married I told my wife let's stay in my country because I have everything  here and we dont need to going to usa . But she  the one who said nooo  I want to live in usa 

I need yall advice  what I have to do ? 

If you want to stay in the US, you probably can. You will need to get a divorce lawyer and get a divorce (not an annullment). Before that, collect as much evidence as you can that you entered into this marriage with honest intent and not to get to the US... especially evidence that you lived together and combined your finances, cellphones, etc.

Once your divorce is finalized you can file the I-751 with a divorce waiver (even if it's before 2 years) and if you have sufficient evidence that your marriage was legitimate when you married, you will likely receive your 10 year green card.

It happens a lot, unfortunately. 

Of course, you can always return to your country, too.

Good luck and I'm sorry things have gone so wrong for you.

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

I recorded  everything  they  did to me  I have alot of voice recording  for both of them insulting  me and abuses  me mentally  and verbally  and financially  . . When my wife came to my country me and my family  treated  her as queen and we all were happy and she was doing very well but when I came here to usa  she showed  me her true color. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like you would be better off heading home.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

OP, you can remove conditions on your green card even if she gets her annulment, so worry more about collecting evidence that you entered into the marriage in good faith.

Or you can go home if that's what you want.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Damara said:

If the annulment is granted based on #3 (fraud) he will not be able to ROC. #2 also causes issues for proving bonafide relationship. 

He needs to get an attny and fight the annulment. 

Not necessarily, divorce and immigration are separate. As long as OP can prove he entered the marriage in good faith he can ROC. Sure, that might be harder if there's enough evidence of fraud for an annulment, but still possible.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Not impossible, certainly does not help.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Damara said:

Its impossible to prove good faith marriage when it is annulled due to fraud.

Standards for annulment based on fraud are not federal, immigration is.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Annulments are treated by USCIS they same way they treat divorces. If the OP can show he entered the marriage for bonafide reasons ( which he did to get his visa) then he can successfully ROC with divorce waiver.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.