2,309 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, NinPran said:

OMG Congratulations :) 

I have heard this also.  Its like let's mess around with the waiting folks and her is your approval!  Congratulations to you both.

sign.PNG.b922fef6121115fdcfcbe7f78ae9039a.PNG

Timeline
11 hours ago, lierre said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  :dancing:

did the app notify you or you was looking and saw it?  just anxiously asking. Your date although before mine but close.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Sabrina02 said:

This happened to me last night ( around 7pm 11/1) a green icon with site maintenance also.  After checking everywhere old and new uscis...nothing.  

Right, I checked everywhere and a few times. I'm hoping to see an approval soon. I keep seeing people all around and after my date getting approved. I keep reminding myself that it's only the first few days of November and that is keeping me calm right at least for now lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
1 hour ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Yeah; not being able to really plan anything is probably the most difficult thing about this; if you know it's going to take a specific long amount of time, then you can plan additional in-person meetings while you wait without worrying that you'd miss the first available time for an interview appointment or something like that. Even assuming you stay within normal processing times, there's a two month window for NOA2. Seems like about 3 weeks between min and max normal processing time at NVC. And for us, Anastasia might be able to get an interview in Moscow a month after our petition gets there, or it might take three.

Exactly. There's always that min-max window time for each steps, plus and minus couple of days or weeks (holiday, weekend, adjudicators call in sick or off duty, etc)... 

It gets harder now when you think you're close but not really sure whether you ARE close or not. You know. 😅

35 minutes ago, NicholeT said:

I keep seeing people all around and after my date getting approved. I keep reminding myself that it's only the first few days of November and that is keeping me calm right at least for now lol

I am using your same mentality, but when you see a May 21 approval it kinda blows that thinking out of the water!!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

I am using your same mentality, but when you see a May 21 approval it kinda blows that thinking out of the water!!!!!

Yeah, but there's maybe 30% approval of May 14th overall right now.  The May 21 is really a statistical outlier.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
5 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

People. Please do not post your personal information such as case numbers, approval number or phone numbers. It's not a wise decision to do so.:thumbs:

Indeed not!  An attachment with a case number has been removed.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yes it does! It makes it a little harder. I'm at 177 days as of today and so ready to get that NOA2!

Timeline
2 hours ago, d24v said:

Yeah, but there's maybe 30% approval of May 14th overall right now.  The May 21 is really a statistical outlier.  

how about the 5/21 approval 11/1 from Thailand at 164 days...

Feeling a bit down, looked on the New site and searched my case number. Still nothing but I looked both up and down and 10 before me were either approved or sent for RFE and some a few after mine also approved.... :(

1 hour ago, IrishTexan said:

I checked my status about 5 minutes ago. I came here to read the updates. I saw multiple people get approvals. I refreshed. WE GOT APPROVED! May 14th i129f received. November 2nd approved.  She just went back to Ireland after 2 month stay with me here in the states. She returned on November 1st. AND WE GOT APPROVED THE DAY AFTER SHE LANDED! This couldn't have been planned better. We couldn't be happier. The sad goodbye tears are already replaced by happy tears. We self-submitted to Texas office. 

Make sure you update your timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, emm21717 said:

Feeling a bit down, looked on the New site and searched my case number. Still nothing but I looked both up and down and 10 before me were either approved or sent for RFE and some a few after mine also approved.... :(

Make sure you update your timeline

I feel you. We have the same dates and I’ve still heard nothing. But stay positive!!  

A month ago my timeline was saying I wouldn’t likely hear anything until mid November so look at it like anything before that is a blessing. And even if it’s over that time, it will happen! 

Congrats to those that have heard and for those who haven’t we’ll hear soon I’m sure ❤️

5 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

And there in lies the problem and solution. Let's say you were not aware of a May 21 approval. What would your thinking be then? Just as it was. They are still working on my case and I should be hearing something soon. No disappointment. Simple solution, don't look. Keep busy. Your creating your own disappointment. Just keeping it real.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Just received a RFE. NOA1 05/03.

No text, no email. Only the old site and the app. The new site still says “case received”. Hopefully it’s something easy. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, A_A said:

Just received a RFE. NOA1 05/03.

No text, no email. Only the old site and the app. The new site still says “case received”. Hopefully it’s something easy. 

Can you please give me the link to the new site and old site? Which is more reliable when it comes to checking? Old site or the new? TIA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.