2,323 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Novah said:

Okay thanks.

Did anyone else check "I intend" and explain why? 

I wrote that we intend to marry within 90 days.  I also wrote that my fiancee will be living with me and that I will assume all financial responsibility while we wait for her employment authorization.

10-23-2017 I-129F Sent

10-25-2017 NOA1

05-10-2018 NOA2 

05-29-2018 NVC Received

05-30-2018 NVC Case # Assigned

07-10-2018 Case In Transit

07-12-2018 Embassy received

10-03-2018 Interview (Approved!)

10-21-2018 POE 

11-28-2018 Wedding

01-11-2019 AOS/EAD filed (NOA1)

02-11-2019 Biometrics

03-25-2019 AOS Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

04-08-2019 Interview scheduled (for May 22nd)

05-22-2019 AOS Interview (no decision)

08-06-2019 EAD Approval

08-11-2022 RFE

10-24-2022 AOS Approval

4 hours ago, Novah said:

Okay thanks.

Did anyone else check "I intend" and explain why? 

Yes I did and I said exactly what you did, lol. 

I have read to never say "do not intend" unless you are the co-sponsor. The petitioner must always state "intend". I have read ppl getting denied if they tick "do not intend" and they are the petitioner.

I have also read ppl leave the tick boxes blank and then just elaborate in the additional info section. To me though, leaving it blank is just begging for an RFE.

Tick "I intend". That's the safest way. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, Albert V said:

I wrote that we intend to marry within 90 days.  I also wrote that my fiancee will be living with me and that I will assume all financial responsibility while we wait for her employment authorization.

3 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Yes I did and I said exactly what you did, lol. 

I have read to never say "do not intend" unless you are the co-sponsor. The petitioner must always state "intend". I have read ppl getting denied if they tick "do not intend" and they are the petitioner.

I have also read ppl leave the tick boxes blank and then just elaborate in the additional info section. To me though, leaving it blank is just begging for an RFE.

Tick "I intend". That's the safest way. 

I checked 'I intend" I jus wanted to know what others did. I explained that I will provide all finaicial support to my fiance.

Thanks for your responses. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, Novah said:

Fiance interview is soon so we're just looking over all of our stuff. On the affidavit of support on part 3 question 38. I checked "I intend" and on page 7 for additional information I wrote on 3.d. (N/A K-1 Visa Process for permanent residence) should I write more or is that okay? 

I've seen different answers for this. 

@Novah can you please explain why you wrote N/A in additional information?

@Greenbaum @Naes what’s your take on this specific question? Should it be ‘I intend ‘ or ‘I do not intend ‘

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, A_R said:

@Novah can you please explain why you wrote N/A in additional information?

@Greenbaum @Naes what’s your take on this specific question? Should it be ‘I intend ‘ or ‘I do not intend ‘

Because it is not applicable for a K1.

This form is used for other cases too, actually I believe K1 is the only immigrant intent non-immigrant visa where this form is used.

So If any thing comes up, I do intend to support, but it is not applicable as I will be supporting this person and the form will change to I-864 as the process goes.

I did it this way and had no problem. However, as I did read a few people who did no intend and had problem (It looks like it may depend on how the CO understands this question) I chose not to risk it and go with the sample shown in visa journey, which was this way.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Naes said:

Because it is not applicable for a K1.

This form is used for other cases too, actually I believe K1 is the only immigrant intent non-immigrant visa where this form is used.

So If any thing comes up, I do intend to support, but it is not applicable as I will be supporting this person and the form will change to I-864 as the process goes.

I did it this way and had no problem. However, as I did read a few people who did no intend and had problem (It looks like it may depend on how the CO understands this question) I chose not to risk it and go with the sample shown in visa journey, which was this way.

@Naes I agree with you as logically it should be do not intend, byt just to be sure I’ll post this question in India Forum - let us see what people did there.

Timeline
Just now, A_R said:

@Naes I agree with you as logically it should be do not intend, byt just to be sure I’ll post this question in India Forum - let us see what people did there.

The fact is, this is not even important...

1. This form is not binding.

2. In 90 days, this form will lose its "value" (if it even has one as it is not binding...) and the binding form which is I-864 will be sent with your AOS.

So overall... It doesn't even matter what someone writes here as long as CO passes it. I don't see why someone would even risk it with "do not intend" as everyone is responsible of the person who they're sponsoring, they do intend to make contributions if it becomes needed.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Naes said:

The fact is, this is not even important...

1. This form is not binding.

2. In 90 days, this form will lose its "value" (if it even has one as it is not binding...) and the binding form which is I-864 will be sent with your AOS.

So overall... It doesn't even matter what someone writes here as long as CO passes it. I don't see why someone would even risk it with "do not intend" as everyone is responsible of the person who they're sponsoring, they do intend to make contributions if it becomes needed.

Okay thanks I understand now, so what is the best way to provide explanation for contributions?

Also in the same form on Page 1 under the section of “Citizenship or Residency or Status” I don’t need to tick any option between 11a to 11e as my fiancé is US citizen by birth . Also does question 12 below the above needs to be filled up ?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, A_R said:

Okay thanks I understand now, so what is the best way to provide explanation for contributions?

Also in the same form on Page 1 under the section of “Citizenship or Residency or Status” I don’t need to tick any option between 11a to 11e as my fiancé is US citizen by birth . Also does question 12 below the above needs to be filled up ?

Try to check the sample in visajourney for I-134, the form is the old one but the questions are same.

for 38, I did as it was written on your quote. “I intend” and then explain “N/A - k1...”

your fiance should be filling this up by the way to avoid simple mistakes that can happen. 

For 11a to11e we did not put anything as he is citizen by birth, and for 12 we put his age and his birthday.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Naes said:

Try to check the sample in visajourney for I-134, the form is the old one but the questions are same.

for 38, I did as it was written on your quote. “I intend” and then explain “N/A - k1...”

your fiance should be filling this up by the way to avoid simple mistakes that can happen. 

For 11a to11e we did not put anything as he is citizen by birth, and for 12 we put his age and his birthday.

Thanks a ton !!

Is this the link to the sample form

http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples/

but when I am opening i134 form in the above link it is blank.

Timeline
43 minutes ago, A_R said:

Thanks a ton !!

Is this the link to the sample form

http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples/

but when I am opening i134 form in the above link it is blank.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf

Try this one.

It shows filled on my computer, sometimes browsers may cause problems, so if it shows blank it may be related to what you are using.

Edited by Naes

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

Hello everybody!

I am in the final stage of this process but it seems like i am stuck at someone desk. Here is my situation, since the 12th of June my embassy received my case and promised to contact my fiancee and i once they get our physical file. Eventually i emailed them back, they finally told me they got it and are working on sending us a date for the interview. It is been almost a month now, but we haven't heard anything. On top of that, each time i send them an email, they don't respond at all. Has anyone been in the same situation, if so how did it get resolved? My fiancee is processing her interview in Togo. Please help....

2 hours ago, araliadam said:

Hello everybody!

I am in the final stage of this process but it seems like i am stuck at someone desk. Here is my situation, since the 12th of June my embassy received my case and promised to contact my fiancee and i once they get our physical file. Eventually i emailed them back, they finally told me they got it and are working on sending us a date for the interview. It is been almost a month now, but we haven't heard anything. On top of that, each time i send them an email, they don't respond at all. Has anyone been in the same situation, if so how did it get resolved? My fiancee is processing her interview in Togo. Please help....

Have you tried reviewing your Emassy instructions here on VJ on the portals tab? Have you tried contacting another member from Togo who may be ahead of you and would help? Have you tried Google? Have you looked here https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/LOM_Lome.pdf
Please help....

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Have you tried reviewing your Emassy instructions here on VJ on the portals tab? Have you tried contacting another member from Togo who may be ahead of you and would help? Have you tried Google? Have you looked here https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/LOM_Lome.pdf
Please help....

I did reach out to couple of people but i guess each case is different. There is not a lot concerning Togo forums out here so i am digging on the internet and anything that could help. THANK YOU anyway...

3 hours ago, araliadam said:

Hello everybody!

I cannot speak on your particular embassy but what I can say is that the date from my NOA2 to the date of my interview is 100 days. Do your math and see what is reasonable. It's a possibility there are no appointments available at your embassy at this time hence why they have not contacted you. It took 30 days (after the day the embassy received it) for me to even be able to schedule an interview at my embassy and then my actual interview date is another 30 days+ beyond that. Some embassies are fast at this stage while others are slow. We just have to follow the procedure that they, at our individual embassy, have laid out to follow.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.