2,323 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Yasemin & Rıdvan said:

My Approval date is 05/08, and I just called them and got my NVC case number.They said they received it today.If you are asking how to get that nu,ber,  then you have call  NVC.

Congrats!!

My online notice date is may 8th! I called them last night around 7pm est. When did you guys call? 

This gives me hope 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Naes said:

Do not follow that link.

that is just wording for immigrant cases. K1 gets processed at embassy. Wait till your case gets “ready”.

you don’t need to do anything at this moment.

Thank you for the information. Only thing i can do than is fill in the DS-160 and save it. Don't send it in until case is ready?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, r1mario said:

Thank you for the information. Only thing i can do than is fill in the DS-160 and save it. Don't send it in until case is ready?

Yes. You can submit it but that usually depends on the embassy, some won't allow that. So waiting till it gets ready is the best.

As the time it takes really depends on the embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Sarac9 said:

Congrats!!

My online notice date is may 8th! I called them last night around 7pm est. When did you guys call? 

This gives me hope 😊

Thank you,

I called around 17:00 EST yesterday. We have same online date, and I am sure you’ll get yours soon 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Naes said:

Yes. You can submit it but that usually depends on the embassy, some won't allow that. So waiting till it gets ready is the best.

As the time it takes really depends on the embassy.

Thank you. I will try to find information about it at the country specific portal :)

2 hours ago, Naes said:

Do not follow that link.

that is just wording for immigrant cases. K1 gets processed at embassy. Wait till your case gets “ready”.

you don’t need to do anything at this moment.

Thank you! I used my case number to book my medical, it’s in a few weeks but I’m on a cancellation list. If one comes up, Should I do my medical before the embassy has received our case from the NVC or does it matter?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Nathan&Mary said:

Thank you! I used my case number to book my medical, it’s in a few weeks but I’m on a cancellation list. If one comes up, Should I do my medical before the embassy has received our case from the NVC or does it matter?

That would depend on Embassy you’re going through. Usually as long as you have NVC letter it’s ok. Did you try checking others from the same embassy to see if there’s anything specific to the embassy?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
15 hours ago, Olumide & Funlola said:

Okay, that's what I thought. I don't have packet 3 yet but @ChuAni posted the link and the i-134 form expired in '07. I've already filled out the most recent one but just like @ElieSon said, I felt as if we should fill out the one they gave us. Maybe that's the form that they're used to. 

The one in Packet 3 is the same with the website's.

The Packet directs you to download it from the Website.

Edited by ChuAni

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Novah said:

Can anyone else confirm this? This cant be true. If they send it by mail how long will that take??? WEEKS! 

You're Nigerian..

It takes 2-3 days via DHL.

1 hour ago, ChuAni said:

The one in Packet 3 is the same with the website's.

The Packet directs you to download it from the Website.

really? so maybe we're in a specifc case  in Togo. because the embassy give us just one page to fill both side. but it's different from the one on the website which is 8 pqges now. so it means that your embassy is different.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Novah said:

Can anyone else confirm this? This cant be true. If they send it by mail how long will that take??? WEEKS! 

6 hours ago, Highzik said:

Am not sure the lady is saying the right thing, any changes made will be announced on the uscis website and I haven't seen any like that, plus posting the petition through transit can have a 50-50 delivery.

So they won't start that, plus it will cost them more money.

If you want to confirm what I am saying you can call the NVC and ask for yourself. At this point USCIS has nothing to do with it so there wouldn't be anything posted on their website. It will increase the time in transit and some countries will inevitably take longer to deliver than others but it will not increase the wait time by weeks... more like days. Sorry if I caused any panic 

Edited by L and E

4 hours ago, Sarac9 said:

Congrats!!

This gives me hope 😊

My date is may 8th !!!!.... Sara maybe monday we have good news.... 

They can group cases by dates to send them together!!!! :yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Another letter after NOA2?  I just got an email through Informed delivery that shows I am getting another letter from USCIS. I already recieved my NOA2 letter. I am still waiting on my NVC number but it’s only been 12 days since our NOA2. Anyone have any idea what this letter could be? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.