Thomianguy

Well, the Post Office CANNOT get our package to USCIS 320 miles away

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

So, my wife's 2 year anniversary on the temporary visa is up on May 15th, 2018. We sent off her package on MARCH 26th from New York City (Manhattan) and was told to expect it to arrive by MARCH 28th. On April 4th we decided to just check the tracking to make sure they had it by then. We were surprised to see that the package was delayed and was sitting in a Bronx facility and was scheduled to be shipped out. I called the post Office but the hold time was 1 hour and 54 minutes so I just let it go.

Checked today again and the package is STILL in the Bronx. In checking the history, it looks like it has been all over the place EXCEPT Vermont. Looked like it was shipped back to us.

Keep in mind, the postage price was provided to me by the clerk. I handed her my card to charge it. She charged it. She provided me a tracking number and a snip of the Vermont address. What could possibly wrong?  

April 7, 2018, 8:13 am 
Arrived at Post Office 
BRONX, NY 10472  
The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. Your item arrived at the Post Office at 8:13 am on April 7, 2018 in BRONX, NY 10472. 

April 7, 2018, 6:36 am 
Arrived at USPS Facility 
BRONX, NY 10472  

April 7, 2018, 5:43 am 
Departed USPS Regional Facility 
NEW YORK NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

April 6, 2018, 4:04 am 
Processing Exception 

April 6, 2018, 3:54 am 
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility 

April 5, 2018, 10:03 pm 
JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

April 5, 2018 
In Transit to Next Facility 

April 4, 2018, 11:43 pm 

April 4, 2018, 12:09 pm 
Departed USPS Facility 
BRONX, NY 10472  

April 4, 2018, 6:43 am 
Arrived at USPS Facility 
BRONX, NY 10472  

April 4, 2018, 5:40 am 
Departed USPS Regional Facility 

April 3, 2018, 10:44 pm 

March 28, 2018, 11:07 am 
Arrived at USPS Facility 
BRONX, NY 10472  

March 28, 2018, 8:57 am 
Sorting Complete 
BRONX, NY 10472  

March 27, 2018 
In Transit to Next Facility 

March 26, 2018, 11:46 pm 
Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility 

March 26, 2018, 10:27 pm 

March 26, 2018, 5:39 pm 
Departed Post Office 
NEW YORK, NY 10021  

March 26, 2018, 3:18 pm 
USPS in possession of item 
NEW YORK, NY 10021  

USCIS Stage

Marriage: 3/21/15

I-130 Sent: 5/03/15

NOA1: 5/08/15

NOA2 (approval): 10/26/15

NVC Stage (CR1)

NVC Received Case: 11/12/15

NVC Scan Date: 12/2/15

Paid AOS fee: 12/04/15

Paid IV fee: 12/04/15

AOS & IV Package sent: 12/16/15

NVC Case Complete: 1/26/16

Interview Date: 4/27/16

Interview Result: Approved!!!

How did you send your package? 

Regular delivery ? This seems really weird. 

I sent my package via Priority Mail, with signature and it was received 2 days later. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

i sent mine via USPS outta buffalo ny on march 31st and it arrived in texas on april 2nd. i was surprised it being a sunday and holiday i figured a delay. i shipped via priority mail. i would get the package back and try shipping from another provider like fedex or another post office, seems that office may be swamped or understaffed.

Timeline
1 hour ago, FrenchKat said:

How did you send your package? 

Regular delivery ? This seems really weird. 

I sent my package via Priority Mail, with signature and it was received 2 days later. 

Sent priority mail.

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage (CR1)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They may have had delays due to the back to back snow storms in the north. If the facility is packed with mail it’s hard to determine what came in first until they clear some of it out. They could’ve also tried to ship it out on another truck in an effort to get it to you. Unless you sent it priority mail express, don’t expect a refund. Oan, had a package sent from Cleveland that’s was delayed but it did arrive 3 days late. 

Timeline

Funny thing is, I work for FedEx, but FedEx does not deliver to post office boxes. I saw where someone said you can deliver it by FedEx, but then FedEx relies, I believe, on a courier to take to the P.O Box. I was, like, "well it is a POST OFFICE BOX, what could go wrong?" *sigh*

They give NO explanation. All they are saying is that it was delayed, but delayed for WHAT reason?

Well, I am going to the Post Office that sent it out and raise hell. I just have to wait to see if it was "returned to sender" because it is now at my local Post office.

I remember the woman confirming ALL the information with me. This is not like it went to Vermont to a wrong address and being sent back. It has NOT left the New York/New Jersey area at all and the only explanation is that it was delayed.

I did not GUESS at the postage. I paid what rang up. The receipt shows the address I sent it to and we are going on vacation in 10 days and won't be back until a little over a week BEFORE her temporary visa is up. I am not worried as yet, just highly upset and this calm person will be exploding tomorrow. 

Edited by Thomianguy

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage (CR1)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

FedEx SmartPost, i grieve when I see somebody has used that to send something to me, worst possible service.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

The scanner reads the barcode, it can’t tell you why it’s delayed. More than likely it’s the weather and they are packed with mail that wasn’t able to move, prob looking a lot like Christmas. Hence, the long hold times. Priority packages, whether in an envelope or a box, all go in the same shipping container. Don’t think exploding will get you anywhere but good luck. 

Edited by angelbrown

Timeline

So, got through after a 1 hour and 11 minute hold and listen to this...they are telling me that the DESTINATION address was a Bronx address, but NOT our home address (rather, another address on our street which she could not divulge) and the she cannot see the address of origin. Seems like the clerk screwed up on the address and I failed to catch the subtle change/mistake.  To make matters more puzzling, it is possible she put the from address as the send address (a wrong one), but how do you explain the destination address on the receipt showing the right destination address? - St. Albans, VT. It also does not explain how this package has taken two weeks to come back to its alleged return WRONG address.

Edited by Thomianguy

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage (CR1)

Timeline

I don’t understand. The package was already addressed by you right? No one else has to enter any address. Unless someone intentionally changed something, that’s a whole other problem.... Sounds like it’s going in circles. Yeah you might want to check on that in person. Smh at the post office. 

Edited by angelbrown

So where is your package? 

Are they returning it to u? 

Sooooooo annoying,! Since you work for FedEx send the package with them , if you go to the USCIS website the address does not include a P.O. Box as I sent mine without the PO Box on it and it reached its destination :)

Timeline

Will do.

Unlike the first process where we had to send the paperwork to Chicago and FedEx was a stated option, the USCIS in VT does not state such. All I know is that FedEx does not ship to P.O boxes, but it appears this place has a physical address.

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage (CR1)

Sounds to me like your tracking number is what is screwed up or it didn't get registered. I have had tracking numbers that applied to two different packages (one was mine, and the other was god knows who).

If the original destination and final destination are not the two destinations you were expecting, its a mistake in tracking number. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.