MeAlone

USC Marriage Fraud experience and what would I do different

147 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, ZA_US said:

Honestly I don't know who would want to spend YEARS putting time and effort into coming to America unless you were really desperate or in LOVE. Life is not easy just because you live in America.

People who live in third world countries see America as a place where money falls from trees.  They think all Americans are millionaires.  I am fortunate that my wife does not think that way.  We both work, and we work hard but we can have so much more than most in any third world country.  The American dream is not free.

Edited by David & Zoila

Timeline
19 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

Controversy ahead:  Don't marry someone from a country or circumstance that might push them towards seeing America as an economic or situational improvement.   

Even if not for visa fraud, just for marriage success purposes.  Having two partners who start on a level playing field preempts so many problems.  

Pick someone from a culture very similar to yours, with similar morals, beliefs, and ideas about family.  Don't just listen to their words...know their culture and their background and accept the high likelihood of them being a product of their culture.

Further controversy: Stop importing younger spouses to be glorified maids, sex-bots, and rent-a-wombs.  There is a major source of visa woes. 

I agree with you if I would buy a horse or a cow, I would select this and that.

But the human relationship is based also on mutual attraction and chemistry, that's why we marry different people, different race, etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
4 minutes ago, MeAlone said:

I don't have a problem to get a man but fall in love with an intelligent foreigner, too smart and not very moral. It could happen here locally too.

Decided, no more foreigners for me, 1 was enough.

Sounds like he came on a K1 so if he has successfully adjusted then he has a GC and can remove  conditions with a divorce waiver.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
7 minutes ago, MeAlone said:

I don't have a problem to get a man but fall in love with an intelligent foreigner, too smart and not very moral. It could happen here locally too.

Decided, no more foreigners for me, 1 was enough.

It is much easier to judge someone's intentions when they come from the same culture as you.  You can pick up on lies and sliminess because of the subtle tells.   So, that is probably a good idea.

I think I'm going into year 16 of Scandinavians.  I think I'll stick with them even if something happened to my husband.  Marrying another first generation American didn't work out so well.  :ph34r:   

Edited by N-o-l-a

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

Sounds like he came on a K1 so if he has successfully adjusted then he has a GC and can remove  conditions with a divorce waiver.

He and his child came on K1/K2, we married, he stayed 4 months and he left 10 days before his AP came on the mail, he left for his own legal troubles which I wasn't aware of, he practically run out in 1 day, lost his Green Card application, it was denied because he left the country without AP

Timeline
4 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

Well there is your problem.  Before I met current husband I wrote a list of exact qualities he must have.

Unsurprisingly, he has them.  We needn't mate with everyone that catches our fancy, yah know?

You and me, we are different. I don't go with a man who has the fitting list. I see the person first and my ex seemed to be a very interesting person, amazing personality, I didn't plan to date or marry him, we were friends but I decided to meet such an interesting person, then it was more than half a year him trying to convince me to marry, I didn't plan to marry at all.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

It is much easier to judge someone's intentions when they come from the same culture as you.  You can pick up on lies and sliminess because of the subtle tells.   So, that is probably a good idea.

I think I'm going into year 16 of Scandinavians.  I think I'll stick with them even if something happened to my husband.  Marrying another first generation American didn't work out so well.  :ph34r:   

Lol, Scandinavians sounds good. But they probably won't be interested in me, myself I am from over there, very close by, slow white blonde Nordic myself, Scandinavians like more exotic people, as I do too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
10 minutes ago, MeAlone said:

He and his child came on K1/K2, we married, he stayed 4 months and he left 10 days before his AP came on the mail, he left for his own legal troubles which I wasn't aware of, he practically run out in 1 day, lost his Green Card application, it was denied because he left the country without AP

So he was only part the way through the process and abandoned it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

So he was only part the way through the process and abandoned it.

Yes. It was his 2nd K1 visa, I cancelled the 1st one, he convinced me to do the 2nd, after he left he was asking me to do CR1 visa and come back. I said what about better to live in your country, he got mad again and no, offended me a lot and said in writing text he married me for papers only, so I did the annulment based on marriage fraud, marriage for papers and 2 children more he forgot to tell me about.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
36 minutes ago, MeAlone said:

Lol, Scandinavians sounds good. But they probably won't be interested in me, myself I am from over there, very close by, slow white blonde Nordic myself, Scandinavians like more exotic people, as I do too.

I'm 100% north of Amsterdam origin, but I do have brown eyes, which are apparently exotic to my husband. Joke is on him because he is hoping our youngest's stay blue. They won't. 

My ancestryDNA says I'm a huge chunk Scando, but I think it is either my northern Dutch or northern German pulling that reading. Although, that part of Germany did used to belong to Denmark!  Aha!

We know quite a few Scandinavians who've married the local Minnesota Norwegian stock, so I call BS on that. 

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

I'm 100% north of Amsterdam origin, but I do have brown eyes, which are apparently exotic to my husband. Joke is on him because he is hoping our youngest's stay blue. They won't. 

My ancestryDNA says I'm a huge chunk Scando, but I think it is either my northern Dutch or northern German pulling that reading. Although, that part of Germany did used to belong to Denmark!  Aha!

We know quite a few Scandinavians who've married the local Minnesota Norwegian stock, so I call BS on that. 

Cool!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
4 hours ago, Roel said:

This. 

Not to mention marriage fraud works both ways. We have seen so many threads where immigrants say they arrived in their k1 or cr1 and their USC partner turned out to be completely different person. 180 degree turn. USC spouse like that usually threaten they will deport said immigrant, treat them like free servants around the house, etc. 

When green card scams are real, gotta remember that Americans aren't completely without fault also. 

And as someone mentioned - you have some Americans who sponsor 2 or 3 or more foreigners and they still can't see the patterns of scam...

Or American women who talk about their foreign partners and everyone here see the scam from miles, but those women are just blind..  sorry, but this is often about their Nigerian boyfriends. 

So instead of crying some Americans need to really be educated on what red flag to look for. Or even just common sense. 

:star:Exactly. And do NOT get me started on this. :P

All what I'm gonna say is that USCIS is not a private investigation (detective) organization. They can only do so much. That is why there are "filters" and proof/evidence that is required to complete the process...K1, etc. They can not get involved in each person's life by asking "hey are you sure you are not being scammed?"  The USCs petitioners are all adults (some more than others). We are all responsible for our actions. It's up to each one of us to see if the relationship is real. 

If someone wants to marry or petition somebody after dating only for 1 day or 1 week then those people should not be crying if they find themselves in a trap. A marriage is a serious thing. At least in my book.

Being in this forum for so long and I still can not stop scratching my head every time I see a confused petitioner asking for help about a possible scam but then they are not ready to open their eyes. I believe USCIS will change the rules in the not too distant future because let's be honest, there is so many holes in this net and they know it.

And this kind of scams is not only in the immigration department. It happens in ordinary life. I watched this video on YouTube the other day about this "poor" naive USC 60's something retired man from Michigan that was being interviewed at a news network about how he was scammed by this 28 year old from a caribbean country who he met on an online dating website and he even met in person once. He lost $40.000!!! The girl scammed him good for the amount of $40.000  with the excuse of paying medical expenses there, and what makes it worse is that this is the second time he is scammed by someone he met online.... At the end of the interview the old man still says he still "loves" this woman. 

Some people do not want to see the signs not matter how big and clear they are. And advice for the guys, NO decent woman will ever accept money from a guy that met online or in person recently. 

Edited by Sunnyland

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.