AnaUmo

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,361 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Naes said:

So Jamie answered:

Nope not received.

Then for the second time I've been asked if it was a I-130... so I said umm no, I-129f..

He asked me if I have the letter, and I told him the date, and then he asked me if my letter says USCIS sent my case to NVC...(umm I thought all cases go there....I think they do use that difference in wording to put the blame on USCIS :lol:)

Then he went on to 6 weeks... when I stopped and asked:

So I know the 6 weeks part and what not, so apart from that .. I do have friends and we are kind of waiting together all around the same date, and from what I see it suddenly looks like mails stopped after April 2nd approvals. Is there any reason you know behind this? Is there again a backlog in USCIS that they don't send cases or they are not reaching you.

Answer: Not from what I see or know. Even though it has been almost 3 weeks, I would still consider it within the timelines. (he sounded genuine otherwise I would ask more)

So I asked Is there a good time for me to call during the day, because I am calling from Japan and if theres a good time during the day like after you guys already receive cases, I would wait.

Answer: Wow that is hard (for me calling from Japan - he was really nice.. I love NVC) Mail comes in different ways here, USPS, Fedex etc. So I cannot give you any exact time that I know off. It can come anytime during the day (he said USPS comes but he doesn't know the exact hour for that so I'm guessing that's within the work hours of USPS) 

I thanked (he was really nice) and told him I'll just call in the mornings and then at night time then. 

Hi, how do you call from abroad, could you tell me? How much does it cost then?

Thanks

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, Hangtruong said:

Hi, how do you call from abroad, could you tell me? How much does it cost then?

Thanks

I’m using Skype.

it has unlimited calls to US for about 3$ per month. 

Filip had his medical exam today. He had to get an update on his tetanus and diphtheria shot. He had to fill out a questionnaire. The doctor was really nice and was complaining a bit about the process, how complicated it has gotten since he began 30 some years ago. So it sounds like even on the other side of this, they aren't enjoying it either. The appointment in total was about 1.5 hours, they were running behind a bit. 

Hope everyone has a successful week and we are all able to make a lot of progress, no matter where we are in the process!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Just been calling to NVC. Nothing yet...Still...

Online 04/04

Hard 04/03

20 days

K-1 journey

09/30/2017 - petition mailed

10/03/2017 - case received

10/03/2017 - NOA1

04/04/2018 - NOA2

04/25/2018 - NVC received & case # assigned 

04/27/2018 - NVC left

04/27/2018 - embassy received, "ready"

05/08/2018 - medical - sputum test

07/11/2018 - sputum test results

07/18/2018 - embassy recieved results

06/07/2018 - interview - approved

07/20/2018 - VOH

08/05/2018 - POE Miami

08/14/2018 - wedding

AOS journey

09/15/2018 - petition mailed (I-485 + I-765 + I-131)

09/17/2018 - cases received (case status date)

09/27/2018 - NOA1 (hard copy)

10/11/2018 -  biometrics appointment

12/17/2018 - i765 and i131 approved (expedited)

12/21/2018 - combo card received

12/22/2018 - NOA2 for i765 and i131 received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
18 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Each Embassy is different so I offer information for Nigeria here: 

http://nigeria.usemb...visa_forms.html

Fiance/Fiancee visas (K1s, K3s)

If your K1 or K3 petition has been approved by the Department of Homeland Security and you have received notification from the National Visa Center that your petition is on its way to post, you should download and complete the following application. The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos will contact you when your petition has arrived at post so that you may schedule your appointment. If you have questions, you may e-mail LagosIV@state.gov [Click to open "Interview Preparatory Packet (K1, K3)"PDF 539KB] Also, please review the pamphlet  Information on the Legal Rights Available to Immigrant Victims of Domestic Violence in the United States and Facts about Immigrating on a Marriage-Based Visa.”  (PDF 53KB)

This is helpful... Thanks 

Timeline
18 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Each Embassy is different so I offer information for Nigeria here: 

Fiance/Fiancee visas (K1s, K3s)

If your K1 or K3 petition has been approved by the Department of Homeland Security and you have received notification from the National Visa Center that your petition is on its way to post, you should download and complete the following application. The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos will contact you when your petition has arrived at post so that you may schedule your appointment. If you have questions, you may e-mail LagosIV@state.gov [Click to open "Interview Preparatory Packet (K1, K3)"PDF 539KB] Also, please review the pamphlet  Information on the Legal Rights Available to Immigrant Victims of Domestic Violence in the United States and Facts about Immigrating on a Marriage-Based Visa.”  (PDF 53KB)

Hi,

this link for the Nigerian USA embassy Visa forms doesn't work. Please resend the correct link. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Deehotstepper said:

Hi,

this link for the Nigerian USA embassy Visa forms doesn't work. Please resend the correct link. 

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/nigeria/487468/pdfs/Interview_Prep_Packet_K1-K3_SEP14.pdf

This is for the Packet 3. Use it...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Just received Packet 4 and our interview is scheduled on May 15! Need to schedule the medical asap and fingers crossed! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.