AnaUmo

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,361 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

So am I,writing here for the first time. Have not received paper NOA2 letter yet,but online was approved according to old site 25th and to a new site 26th of April. As I can see 3 weeks in average,some cases received earlier than that.Guys,do I get any notification from NVC by email,or you can find out only by calling them? Thanks!!

9 minutes ago, Andreypa said:

So am I,writing here for the first time. Have not received paper NOA2 letter yet,but online was approved according to old site 25th and to a new site 26th of April. As I can see 3 weeks in average,some cases received earlier than that.Guys,do I get any notification from NVC by email,or you can find out only by calling them? Thanks!!

As far as I know you have to harass I mean call them lol. Seriously though, start calling in about two weeks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Andreypa said:

If your case is electronic then there will be a longer wait time. If not, then yes that seems to be the average wait time at the moment. When the case has been assigned a case number and it has been sent to the embassy all email addresses associated with the case will be notified of the case being in transit. Before that occurs you can call the NVC to find out the status of your case and if your case has been assigned a number you will be provided with it by the rep. You can use that case number to check your cases status at https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=NIV

I'm fairly certain that at least the petitioner is notified via email about the case being forwarded to the embassy. When I had called before the case was sent to the embassy the rep asked me if I would like to add my email to the account which I provided him with so I (the beneficiary) also received the email notification when my fiance received it. Give it about 2 weeks and then call the NVC about the status of your case.

Edited by AnaUmo

tumblr_mvt3bpKsUQ1r02cm5o1_500.gif.904f0ac1441f847c175026508fe80090.gif

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Jamaica
I-129F Sent : 2017-10-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-10-05
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-04-02
NVC Received : 2018-04-16
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2018-04-17
NVC Left : 2018-04-19
Consulate Received : 2018-04-20
Packet 3 Received : 2018-04-23
Packet 3 Sent : 2018-04-23
Packet 4 Received : 2018-04-25
Interview Date : 2018-05-11
Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2018-05-22
US Entry : 2018-06-02

Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 218 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

fTW6m5.pngJXILm5.pngPh69m5.pngMRhDm5.png

yQdym5.pngTwfwm5.pngESkzm5.png

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

Timeline
1 minute ago, Brittani said:

As far as I know you have to harass I mean call them lol. Seriously though, start calling in about two weeks.

Haha, thanks Brittani I already have that asset on point :))

Timeline
4 minutes ago, AnaUmo said:

If your case is electronic then there will be a longer wait time. If not, then yes that seems to be the average wait time at the moment. When the case has been assigned a case number and it has been sent to the embassy all email addresses associated with the case will be notified of the case being in transit. Before that occurs you can call the NVC to find out the status of your case and if your case has been assigned a number you will be provided with it by the rep. You can use that case number to check your cases status at https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=NIV

I'm fairly certain that at least the petitioner is notified via email about the case being forwarded to the embassy. When I had called before the case was sent to the embassy the rep asked me if I would like to add my email to the account which I provided him with so I (the beneficiary) also received the email notification when my fiance received it. Give it about 2 weeks and then call the NVC about the status of your case.

Thank you very much for the info!!! What exactly do you mean if my case is electronic? Could you please clarify on that one.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

@Swissmiss82 @ChuAni @Little_Vixen

I want to hug you guys and have a good cry... 

i realized I forgot to eat yesterday (seriously whole day....I believe I ate 5 jelly bears)

do I need to inform them of the depression and anxiety this process triggered at the medical? 

If my fiance survives me at this process...I really think he is the one that can survive me forever...

joke aside, I didn’t sleep much, I have stupid jaw ache because of wisdom tooth removal (I’m going to kill that dentist!), I am late to work (where I will do nothing whole day...you think I’m kidding? Yesterday I just refreshed the interview setting page 100 times just so I look like I’m doing something 🤷‍♀️, I think I am hungry too. Good part I probably lost a kilo after not eating a day (maybe I should change this to a diet🤔) bad thing I have extremely puffy eyes with a puffy jaw on one side...and I look like Frankenstein’s monsters bride...

I sincerely don’t want to continue and have this limbo and then another limbo and probably another one till I get that visa...fiancé magically believes I can still pull off a wedding (there is a reason why I don’t want a courthouse.. please don’t ask but believe me it is a 30 year old thing I carried with me everyday since I opened my eyes-and it has nothing to do with wanting a huge wedding...)

so so here I am...cause I really have nowhere to go. I don’t want to make people around me sad without his problem when they can’t even begin to understand...

i really hope I was able to give half of the support I got from here from you, back to you and this community..

now if you excuse me I’ll try to make the 5th call of the day (or 6th?) and then I’ll punch my boss if he doesn’t give me my confirmation for quitting...(cause seriously nobody wants to mess with me today!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Andreypa said:

Thank you very much for the info!!! What exactly do you mean if my case is electronic? Could you please clarify on that one.

Well I just recently some info about cases that are electronic but I'm sure there are other's with electronic cases that could give better info. Could someone with an electronic case help me out?

tumblr_mvt3bpKsUQ1r02cm5o1_500.gif.904f0ac1441f847c175026508fe80090.gif

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Jamaica
I-129F Sent : 2017-10-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-10-05
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-04-02
NVC Received : 2018-04-16
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2018-04-17
NVC Left : 2018-04-19
Consulate Received : 2018-04-20
Packet 3 Received : 2018-04-23
Packet 3 Sent : 2018-04-23
Packet 4 Received : 2018-04-25
Interview Date : 2018-05-11
Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2018-05-22
US Entry : 2018-06-02

Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 218 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

fTW6m5.pngJXILm5.pngPh69m5.pngMRhDm5.png

yQdym5.pngTwfwm5.pngESkzm5.png

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Naes said:

i realized I forgot to eat yesterday (seriously whole day....I believe I ate 5 jelly bears)

do I need to inform them of the depression and anxiety this process triggered at the medical? 

If my fiance survives me at this process...I really think he is the one that can survive me forever...

joke aside, I didn’t sleep much, I have stupid jaw ache because of wisdom tooth removal (I’m going to kill that dentist!), I am late to work (where I will do nothing whole day...you think I’m kidding? Yesterday I just refreshed the interview setting page 100 times just so I look like I’m doing something 🤷‍♀️, I think I am hungry too. Good part I probably lost a kilo after not eating a day (maybe I should change this to a diet🤔) bad thing I have extremely puffy eyes with a puffy jaw on one side...and I look like Frankenstein’s monsters bride...

I sincerely don’t want to continue and have this limbo and then another limbo and probably another one till I get that visa...fiancé magically believes I can still pull off a wedding (there is a reason why I don’t want a courthouse.. please don’t ask but believe me it is a 30 year old thing I carried with me everyday since I opened my eyes-and it has nothing to do with wanting a huge wedding...)

so so here I am...cause I really have nowhere to go. I don’t want to make people around me sad without his problem when they can’t even begin to understand...

i really hope I was able to give half of the support I got from here from you, back to you and this community..

now if you excuse me I’ll try to make the 5th call of the day (or 6th?) and then I’ll punch my boss if he doesn’t give me my confirmation for quitting...(cause seriously nobody wants to mess with me today!)

Please please hang in there @Naes!! You're one of the selfless people i know around here in VJ, and we're all rooting for you!! 🤗🤗🤗

I, on the other hand, will probably call again next week seeing the trend at NVC. The last time I called was last Tuesday and nothing yet.. And being an introvert it kinda terrifies me when i talk to people on the phone 😅 I'm still pretty chill about waiting at this point cuz i feel like I haven't saved enough money yet for the wedding. Seriously, why is getting married in the US so damn expensive 😣😣

11 minutes ago, Naes said:

Do you "break up" with yours too out of frustration then have a good cry out the next day because you miss him so much? If you answered yes, then welcome to my world hun. This is horrible. I'm so ready for this to all be over once and for all.

Does anyone know why a case gets chosen to be electronic? Just curious about it. I thought they all were sent over on a shipment.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Andreypa said:

That your embassy is ok with working with the digital format and not work or wait for the snail mail. It won’t do anything bad to your case. It may take a little longer to get a case number but they will send it way faster too the embassy.

7 minutes ago, Brittani said:

Does anyone know why a case gets chosen to be electronic? Just curious about it. I thought they all were sent over on a shipment.

It is the pilot program they started last year. Explanation above. But overall it is embassy dependent.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, jeyster12 said:

Please please hang in there @Naes!! You're one of the selfless people i know around here in VJ, and we're all rooting for you!! 🤗🤗🤗

I, on the other hand, will probably call again next week seeing the trend at NVC. The last time I called was last Tuesday and nothing yet.. And being an introvert it kinda terrifies me when i talk to people on the phone 😅 I'm still pretty chill about waiting at this point cuz i feel like I haven't saved enough money yet for the wedding. Seriously, why is getting married in the US so damn expensive 😣😣

After calling them 3-4 time I lost shame... now I’ll call them in 50 minutes again just for the fun of it (that will be I think my 7th call today :) 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Brittani said:

Do you "break up" with yours too out of frustration then have a good cry out the next day because you miss him so much? If you answered yes, then welcome to my world hun. This is horrible. I'm so ready for this to all be over once and for all.

I just want to stop this pain. He doesn’t let me stop the case or process. So only way looks like stopping the relationship.

but he acts like nothing happened next day...so it’s really hard to break up with this one....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.